Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ruben Neves Goal Tonight

2»

Comments

• Options
    Thats a cracker, the first touch makes it look even better. Definitely too good for championship, which was clear as Paulie said, there were some top sides after him before wolves so they did well to sign him. How long before one of the top sides come after him properly.
  • Options

Volley of the week competition #sufc #avfc #wwfc #dcfc pic.twitter.com/oT9ZhnAUQd

— Jason (@JasonJ1987) April 12, 2018
  • Options

Should be playing in the top half of the Premier League. Might well be where Wolves are this time next year.

They will be an easy top 10-12 club next year. Almost beat ManC earlier in the year when ManC was unbeaten. I've watched a handful of their matches this year and they are already better than several PL clubs, without any question.

Somehow, Jorge Mendes, the agent bringing in all those players (and their manager) to Wolves is a part owner of Wolves via very unusual ownership structure with a FOSUN subsidiary and how this is allowed is beyond me. It breaks several supposed rules.

Also, Wolves lost £22M last year and rumors are after all its incoming record Championship transfers this last summer, might lose £35M this year. But FOSUN figured that they could explode Championship FFP loss limit rules and by the time they are reported next year, they will be in the PL, where they can't really be touched. It seems to have worked.

Look at it this way... Wolves net transfers the last 12 months exceeds 14 of the 20 Premier League teams. Just insane.
    Yes, there's a flaw in the FFP rules in that due to the time delay in publishing accounts, you may be in the PL already

Whatever happened with QPR and their FFP fine? Have they actually paid the £40m?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/10/24/qpr-ordered-pay-world-record-40million-ffp-fine-losing-three/
  • Options
    What a ridiculous goal.
  • Options
    Made even better by the crowd shouting shoot as it comes to him.
  • Options
    Reminded me of a young RedArmySE7.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

That was straight out of schoolyard headers and volleys. Duff first touch, loops up, big swing, flies in the top corner

Bloody hell you played a good standard of headers and volleys! I used to mop up headers on the edge of the 6 yard box!
  • Options

Incredible strike....and he is a superb player...hope he stays at wolves and doesn't let the evil money turn his head.

He already has, Wolves are City 2.0.
  • Options
    Lucky - he meant that as a cross!
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Lucky - he meant that as a cross!

And Harry Kane is claiming he got on the end of it!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What position does he play?
    I notice he was outside the box when the ball came in, so I assume he's not playing upfront. Also all of his goals have come from outside the box?
  • Options

Made even better by the crowd shouting shoot as it comes to him.

just like Grealish for Villa the night before, another excellent strike

• Options

What position does he play?
    I notice he was outside the box when the ball came in, so I assume he's not playing upfront. Also all of his goals have come from outside the box?

An article in UEFA.com described Neves as a defensive midfielder that is not afraid to go forward and prompt attacks, showing great maturity combined with an accurate passing skill, great vision and an astute sense of positioning. His playing attributes also granted him comparisons to Portuguese international João Moutinho for his fine first touch, similar desire to press his opponents and excellent distribution.[22]
  • Options
    Are Wolves another version of Manchester City?

I know they've rich owners and have been able to bring in Ruben Neves but I thought that was due to the fact that most of their deals are coming through the owners friendship with Jorge Mendes (the Agent of all these players), same with the Manager

i.e. they've signed a lot of Portuguese names, yet not many from elsewhere
  • Options

I know they've rich owners and have been able to bring in Ruben Neves but I thought that was due to the fact that most of their deals are coming through the owners friendship with Jorge Mendes (the Agent of all these players), same with the Manager

Regardless of how they’re getting these players they’re getting them and splashing the cash on the way. I imagine once they're up they’ll ‘diversify’ their spending.
  • Options

Regardless of how they’re getting these players they’re getting them and splashing the cash on the way. I imagine once they're up they’ll ‘diversify’ their spending.
    Regardless of their money they're a perfect example of how to spend in the Championship though and teams that come down from the Premier League need to watch and learn how its done if you want to buy your way back up.

Aston Villa got relegated last season and probably spend more than Wolves have done this term (with Kodija coming in for £15m and McCormack for £12m alone) - meant they got 13th place...
  • Options

Incredible strike....and he is a superb player...hope he stays at wolves and doesn't let the evil money turn his head.

I don't think his motivation for joining Wolves was down to being a fan so it might be a bit late for that
  • Options

Regardless of their money they're a perfect example of how to spend in the Championship though and teams that come down from the Premier League need to watch and learn how its done if you want to buy your way back up.

Aston Villa got relegated last season and probably spend more than Wolves have done this term (with Kodija coming in for £15m and McCormack for £12m alone) - meant they got 13th place...
    Plus they’ve built a team more than ready to play in the Prem as it is now. QPR and a couple of other teams have tried to do the same and failed miserably. Doesn’t change the eye-watering amount of money they’ve spent though.
  • Options
    As Jimmy Bullard would say ' that is out of hand'.

What about the pass from Boly for the first goal too?! Perfection.
  • Options

I don't think his motivation for joining Wolves was down to being a fan so it might be a bit late for that
    Yup pretty sure the entire reason he’s at wolves is because of “evil money”.