Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The great Royal Mail.

2»

Comments

• Options

I'm not quite following this?
    In the first instance Royal Mail do NOT deliver mail that has to be signed for to PO Boxes, for obvious reasons......namely that there will be no one present to sign for it.
    I believe I'm right in saying guaranteed next day items need to be signed for....therefore how could they deliver the item.
    In fact I'm at a loss as to know who at Post Office Counters accepted the item knowing it was destined for a PO Box requiring a signature!

Exactly the point I made about five posts before yours. Do keep up!
    Just reminding the young folk, that they used to be two post deliveries each day.
    I think it’s worth remembering how many things are now much worse than before. All parks used to have Park Keepers on site keeping the open spaces clear of litter and making sure that yobs were not allowed to spoil the open spaces for everyone else. Now our municipal open spaces are often sacrificed to drinking and drug taking.

I know and here's the proof:

Back in Victorian times -

Now -

Oh, hold on....
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Not a municipal park of course. Greenwich Park is a Royal Park and has permanent staff.
  • Options
    Ooh, I've just noticed - you've got to love the bloke with the wooden leg twittering on his mobile phone!
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    I'm sure the Horn fair in Charlton was stopped for a while because of serious naughtiness.

Fred Drift
  • Options
    Our Royal Mail is top notch, one of many reasons to be proud to be English/British, I have never had an issue with its service, always delivers on time.
  • Options
    My missus is doing her nut because a parcel she posted from London to the Highlands with 'guaranteed 48 hour delivery' took a week. Disappointing and there will be a story about what went wrong but you have to put these things into perspective and hundreds of million of parcels and letters get delivered on time every year. I know for a fact that if one of the main national motorways is closed overnight and a Royal Mail lorry gets caught up, the knock on is obvious for first class post. RM operate to mitigate risk but the fact is their guarantee for next day delivery is only a very high likelihood,
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

Ooh, I've just noticed - you've got to love the bloke with the wooden leg twittering on his mobile phone!

I think he's trying to take an upskirt of one of the birds rolling about on the floor...