Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The last non-Charlton game you attended

Comments

• Options
    Last night I was at Arsenal v CSKA Moscow.
  • Options
    Whitstable v Deal last Saturday, going to Maidstone Sunday for Whitstable v Sheppey in Kent Reliance Cup Final, not a lot of love lost between the two!
  • Options
    Leicester Sheffield United in the FA CUP a few weeks back.
  • Options
    AFC Liverpool v Widnes

My main reason for choosing this over various other NW non-league games available was because of the lyrics to Belle & Sebastian's Stars of Track and Field.
  • Options
    Perth Glory (during Robbie Fowler days) vs Adelaide, going to Dartford vs Weston super mare later today
  • Options
    LA Galaxy v LA FC last weekend - pretty uneventful really.
  • Options

Viktoria Plzen vs Sporting Lisbon in the Europa League about 3 weeks ago, and it was a real belter. 2-0 down in the first leg, Viktoria brought it back to 2-2, and then their keeper saved a penalty on 90+3, only for Sporting to steal it in extra time.

It's not always that good...

@PragueAddick is the air in Plzen still dark brown and a serious hazard to your health? When I was there getting a connecting bus, it was healthier to be in the waiting room where everybody smoked awful cigarettes than to being outside in the 'fresh' air.
  • Options

Spurs vs Juve the other week, thanks to a mate who couldn't use his ticket. Wasn't ever going to turn that down. Fantastic atmosphere pre-match, obviously it didn't last...

I've been to that and a game at Fulham this season and it is a nice change to attend a game without nail-biting or the usual frustrations of points chucked away.

The problem I have with non-Charlton or non-England games is a general lack of interest in the result.
  • Options
    Some 'lasts' I'd forgotten.

Last international (and only Euro) - England v Wales in Lens.

Last (and only) World Cup - Côte d'Ivoire v Serbia and Montenegro, Germany 2006. 3-2, two sendings off, I think two penalties, Serbia and Montenegro's last ever game as they split into two teams after that, and my mate back in Sydenham watched Argentina 0 v Netherlands 0 which was on at the same time because he said it would be a more exciting game.

Last Play-Off final - Brizzle v Grimsby Town, 1-1 after extra time, the worst quality match I've ever seen. Brizzle then one 5-4 on penalties and the nine penalties were so good you'd have thought it was different players.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    All Whites v Solomon Islands
  • Options
    Crawley cant remember who it was against but Karlan played well and didn't score.
  • Options

Spurs vs Juve the other week, thanks to a mate who couldn't use his ticket. Wasn't ever going to turn that down. Fantastic atmosphere pre-match, obviously it didn't last...

I've been to that and a game at Fulham this season and it is a nice change to attend a game without nail-biting or the usual frustrations of points chucked away.

The problem I have with non-Charlton or non-England games is a general lack of interest in the result.
    A bit like the missing thousands over the past two seasons.
  • Options
    St Truiden at home. ;)
  • Options
    Portsmouth v Northampton final game of the season before last. I was expecting to see the next charlton manager Chris Wilder, but instead got my first view of Ricky Holmes.

The Cobblers were a superbly well-drilled team. No surprise Chris has gone on to be successful in Sheffield.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Welling v Havant for me today.
    If it is anything like the game earlier this season (Welling down to nine players, defender in goal saves a penalty, Welling won 2-3 and scored one from the half way line), should be a cracker.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Not including watching England play, I watched Cooliers Wood United play in a 3rd round Fa cup qualifier against Merthsam on a Thursday night after work in 2016. I walked past their ground on my way to work everyday. Merthsam won 2-1 in extra time and went on to lose to Oxford in the 1st round on the telly.

Ended with three red cards and a dog running around the pitch after CWU got their equalizer.

Proper cup romance.
  • Options
    Melbourne City 3 - 0 Western Sydney Wanderers a couple of weeks ago.
    Wanderers were awful
  • Options

Welling v Havant for me today.
    If it is anything like the game earlier this season (Welling down to nine players, defender in goal saves a penalty, Welling won 2-3 and scored one from the half way line), should be a cracker.

I’ll see you there mate.
  • Options

Viktoria Plzen vs Sporting Lisbon in the Europa League about 3 weeks ago, and it was a real belter. 2-0 down in the first leg, Viktoria brought it back to 2-2, and then their keeper saved a penalty on 90+3, only for Sporting to steal it in extra time.

It's not always that good...

@PragueAddick is the air in Plzen still dark brown and a serious hazard to your health? When I was there getting a connecting bus, it was healthier to be in the waiting room where everybody smoked awful cigarettes than to being outside in the 'fresh' air.
    How long since you were there? It's a city on the up. But it certainly used to be that way. It will never be a pretty place but it has pride and a sense of itself, and that includes cleaning itself up. It's amazing how, in the time it takes me to get back to Eltham from the Valley on a dark Saturday in late November I can be in a completely different city to the one I live in.

I was hoping they would claim the title before Man City do, but they have taken their foot off the gas in the last couple of weeks.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fremad Amager v Nykøbing FC in the Danish 1st division. Bumped into Claus Jensen there too!
  • Options
    Fylde v Darlo last season
  • Options
    edited April 2018

Fremad Amager v Nykøbing FC in the Danish 1st division. Bumped into Claus Jensen there too!

My mate Arne was a Fremad fan when he was younger. Are they all still nutcases there? He follows Nykobing now, as he lives down that way. Wonder who he was cheering for?

My last game, England v Netherlands U17 in February.
  • Options

My mate Arne was a Fremad fan when he was younger. Are they all still nutcases there? He follows Nykobing now, as he lives down that way. Wonder who he was cheering for?

My last game, England v Netherlands U17 in February.
    Yes mate. Fremad A still has its fair share of nutters although the club is a little more professional nowadays and they’ve stopped giving away free beer vouchers to season ticket holders!
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Mandurah City at home to Gwelup, Western Australia State League Division 1, this afternoon.
  • Options
    Danepak said:

All Whites v Solomon Islands

Racist :wink:
  • Options
    Spanish said:

Been to 3 this season Lincoln Crawley, Barnet Lincoln and Swansea Spurs being the last. All new grounds, trying to do the 92 whilst Roland is playing with Charlton. At 82 currently.

Is there a chance you could complete it this season?
  • Options
    Was at Waterford FC v Cork City last night. Result did not go my way and there were 6 red cards! Bit of a brawl in stoppage time.

Last non Cork City game I was at was Millwall v Cardiff a few months ago. Good enough game. Was at Utrecht Hereenveen in August or September. Yer man Odegaard played. The kid Real Madrid signed a few years back. Wasn't impressed.
    I was also at half of a game in St. Triuden last year!
  • Options
    Exeter v Yeovil in March, Exeter v Cov in January.
  • Options
    If you don't include internationals then its Lechia Gdansk vs Gornik Zabrze