Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Nine games left, only three at home... how many points for the play offs?

Comments

• Options
    Other than Shrewsbury, all the away games are winnable.

Rochdale last won a home league game in November.

Northampton haven't won at home since mid January.

Pompey have only won once at home this year.

Bristol Rovers have only won 1 of the last 4 at home and if they lose again Friday it will be 3 home defeats on the spin.

AFC seem to be ok at home.

I can see us picking up 13 points from our away games, 6 from our home games giving us 74 points and and a play off spot at the end of the season.

Or the bubble will burst Friday and we'll finish 7th.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

It’s not a bad position to be in as it goes. Get enough pints for the play offs, great. Don’t make it and we start to rebuild with the takeover

How many pints is enough?
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Valley11 said:

It’s not a bad position to be in as it goes. Get enough pints for the play offs, great. Don’t make it and we start to rebuild with the takeover

When you fall over that's enough
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Valley11 said:

You can never have enough.
  • Options
    70 points will probably do it in my opinion as long as that includes us beating Scunthorpe, Portsmouth and, probably, Rotherham. When you look at thgose fixtures, there's only the Blackburn and Shrewsbury games that we shouldn't at the very least believe we can win and we get to play 3 of the teams we are trying to catch, and we just played and beat the other. Very much still do able and in our hands.
  • Options
    It all depends on whether we can replicate the form and desire on display last Saturday. If we can I think we've every chance. We're only playing League One teams ffs. And we should have Mavididi back as our joker.
  • Options
    The season starts now.

I feel that we will not win the games against Rotherham, Bristol, Shrewsbury and Blackburn.

This will be sufficent to say we will not end up in the play-offs this season.
  • Options
    Another way of looking at it: if you treat the Scunthorpe fixture as our game in hand and assume that we beat them and they fall away as expected, we will move into 6th place at that point and only need to match Plymouth, Portsmouth and Petererborough's results to the end of the season to finish in the top 6!

Sounds more do-able that way to me.
  • Options

granted Saturday was a good result but aren't some getting a bit carried away, that a team of under performers for 3/4 of the season are suddenly going to go on a 9 match unbeaten run.

minimum 4 out of the next 2.

I agree but its difficult not to think that its possible, most of the teams in this league (Wigan & Shrewsbury aside) are pony and easily beatable
    apart from gillingham who have done the double over us :smile: a personal low point of the season
  • Options
    Amazing what a win and a change of manager can do. 6 days ago we weren't going to win another game this season and just about had enough points to stay up.

Now we're going on an 11 match unbeaten run and will storm the play offs.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Amazing what a win and a change of manager can do. 6 days ago we weren't going to win another game this season and just about had enough points to stay up.

Now we're going on an 11 match unbeaten run and will storm the play offs.

Premier League August 2019.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Nice one Oggy. Just put a ton on that happening. I will buy the club myself if it comes in.

What's your exit strategy?
  • Options
    Blackburn doing us a favour. 2-0 up on Bradford with 5 minutes left.
  • Options
    Gillingham 1-2 down to MKD as well (Gills have a slight chance of play offs).
  • Options
    Both lost. Bradford stay two points below us and have now played a game more.
  • Options
    Monday is our most important game. I think we will have them in the playoffs.
  • Options
    Had a look on skybet and they have Bradford at 9/1 to make the top 6. A win today and I think Bradford will probably be out of the hunt for the plays off.

Hoping that by Tuesday we would have build a gap to the team below us and would have made some points up to catch Rotherham and bring them back into the pack.
  • Options
    The six above us will have similar concerns and will have to maintain their seasons form to stand still, I can’t see six teams having a flawless run in.
    On the flip side our latest manager has a 100% record so 27 points is still on.
    I can’t see it happening.
  • Options
    PWR- All we need to worry about is getting 3 points from today’s game and then do the same for each next game in turn. You only need to worry about the overall points still needed if you draw or lose a game so the plan should be don’t do either
  • Options

Had a look on skybet and they have Bradford at 9/1 to make the top 6. A win today and I think Bradford will probably be out of the hunt for the plays off.

Hoping that by Tuesday we would have build a gap to the team below us and would have made some points up to catch Rotherham and bring them back into the pack.

Bradford have the worst form in the whole division! I'd be very surprised is anyone below us (we're currently 9th) made the playoffs now, I think Scunthorpe, Posh, Plymouth, Pompey and us are competing for 2 places.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Bradford have the worst form in the whole division! I'd be very surprised is anyone below us (we're currently 9th) made the playoffs now, I think Scunthorpe, Posh, Plymouth, Pompey and us are competing for 2 places.
    Charlton and Plymouth to be those two I reckon... Peterborough are very inconsistent as are Portsmouth, whereas Scunthorpe have stupidly replaced a good Manager

We're inconsistent ourselves yet reckon thats down to bad decisions above us and with a good Manager we'd be a threat
  • Options

So do I.
  • Options
    Scunthorpe 1-0 up at Oxford at HT
  • Options
    edited March 2018

Scunthorpe 1-0 up at Oxford at HT

My prediction after Fleetwood for no more wins this season, refined to no more wins this season for Karl Robinson!
  • Options
    I think we have to win the home games so that is 3 from the away games - 4 look easier than the other two. Possible but difficult! Winning our next two will set us up.
  • Options
    It's looking very doable all of a sudden.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Next opponent's (Rotherham) last five results:

Peterborough (H) : 1-1 draw
    Southend (A) : 2-0 loss
    Northampton (A) : 0-3 win
    MK Dons (A) : 3-2 loss
    Rochdale (H) : 0-1 loss
  • Options
    I think 70 points may be enough and see no reason why we can't get them if Bowyer stays in charge.
  • Options
    Coming into form at just the right time of the season...