Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Oxford appoint Robinson as head coach

12346»

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2018
    And the fact that Duchatelet didn't back Robinson as he promised to in the January window. I know he used the takeover as an excuse, but if he didn't have that he would have found another one. We knew that as we have sussed the git out, but Robinson genuinely believed it I'm sure!

I wanted Robinson to go at the end but it wasn't and isn't always as clear cut as we would like to make it. He had good points and bad, the reason we have disapointed isn't entirely down to him, but his weaknesses as a manager played a part!
  • Options

And the fact that Duchatelet didn't back Robinson as he promised to in the January window. I know he used the takeover as an excuse, but if he didn't have that he would have found another one. We knew that as we have sussed the git out, but Robinson genuinely believed it I'm sure!

I wanted Robinson to go at the end but it wasn't and isn't always as clear cut as we would like to make it. He had good points and bad, the reason we have disapointed isn't entirely down to him, but his weaknesses as a manager played a part!

No, I agree that Duchatelet was and is the biggest problem.

But Robinson was well aware of what the regime was about before he came and from the previous windows.

But he still did their bidding and sung their praises while making excuses for them (Lookman money spent on training ground haha).

When he got found out tactically he was quick to do a U-turn and blame the regime.

• Options
    Redskin said:

@Irving
    Your hiding behind another lol is as predictable as it is spineless.
    You only take on people you consider to be intellectually inferior: people like Paulie who you called 'dim' in another of your puritanical arguments.
    Your self-regard and abject narcissism is as ugly as the physical body it lurks in.

Who is this @Irving of whom you speak? Seems a tad OTT?
  • Options

Redskin said:

@Irving
    Your hiding behind another lol is as predictable as it is spineless.
    You only take on people you consider to be intellectually inferior: people like Paulie who you called 'dim' in another of your puritanical arguments.
    Your self-regard and abject narcissism is as ugly as the physical body it lurks in.

“What a bunch of pathetic, snivelling babies some people come across as on here”
    The hypocrisy will be lost on "some" as will this

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection
  • Options
    Interesting to hear Ian Wright on Radio 5, last Monday when he said he preferred Wenger to George Graham's way of talking to him ?
    Wenger was calm, Graham would shout at him.

Wright then said Karl Robinson would yell at the players at MK Dons when Ian was working with the strikers. He felt he was OTT.

Ajose and Robbo seemed to fall out. It was only when Best was injured and KAG went out on loan that he put Ajosie on the bench after his nightmare time at Bury.

Robinson's verbosity was acceptable when we were 4th with games in hand but he lost his way and backtracked and then was desperate to Jump ship, we stopped winning and he blamed everyone but himself.

The history book will say that KR tenure at cafc was bang average.

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:

If we fail to be promoted this season and next season Oxford got promoted either with us or instead of us, with Karl in charge, how would fans feel?

Fucking amazed.
  • Options
    Spanish said:

I doubt any manager, SCP and maybe Jose aside, will be remembered under the Dutchalet era. Ironically he came in when Nugent had done so well in his short stint. Unfortunately for KR, he talked an incredible game but rarely delivered. I didn't like it, even if true, when he spouted off after the Shrewsbury away game last season, calling out that certain players were not "playing for the club". KR will be remembered for his David Brent style press interviews, thankfully they've moved on to pastures new. He had a little spell when we were playing some neat football, but very much one I will want to forget when new owners are in and we're back in the Championship, at the very least.

The same game he disappeared straight down the tunnel at the final whistle.
  • Options

I don't doubt that KR was angry and frustrated that RD didn't fulfil his promises in Jan and he would have cause to resign on that basis - I would have accepted that and praised his integrity similarly to Mel Baroni(? think that was her name).

Instead what he did was petulantly throw his toys out of the pram in car parks and basically sulk for 6 weeks - punishing the fans who pay their money to see a professional (emphasis on that word) football team and manager week in week out.

So he could have walked immediately - fine i'll accept he has a family and wanted to be secure in another role - no issue with that - by all means make some moves to get a another job. BUT
    He could and should also have been a professional in that 6 week period and he wasn't and there is a huge chance that it is going to cost us a play-off place.

Good points.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Interesting to hear Ian Wright on Radio 5, last Monday when he said he preferred Wenger to George Graham's way of talking to him ?
    Wenger was calm, Graham would shout at him.

Wright then said Karl Robinson would yell at the players at MK Dons when Ian was working with the strikers. He felt he was OTT.

Ajose and Robbo seemed to fall out. It was only when Best was injured and KAG went out on loan that he put Ajosie on the bench after his nightmare time at Bury.

Robinson's verbosity was acceptable when we were 4th with games in hand but he lost his way and backtracked and then was desperate to Jump ship, we stopped winning and he blamed everyone but himself.

The history book will say that KR tenure at cafc was bang average.

He has Ian Wright to help him with the strikers at Oxford
  • Options
    Anyone disappointed now that he left?
  • Options
    edited April 2018

Anyone disappointed now that he left?

I’m not sure anybody was disappointed at the time, let alone now.
  • Options
    Have they sacked him yet?
  • Options
    Looks like that the 3 points Gobby gifted them should be enough to keep them up.
  • Options
    Moaning because Leeds sent an U23 side to Oxford last night. An U23 side his first team just about beat.

http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/sport/16375048.weakened-leeds-united-side-frustrates-oxford-united-boss-karl-robinson/
  • Options

Moaning because Leeds sent an U23 side to Oxford last night. An U23 side his first team just about beat.

http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/sport/16375048.weakened-leeds-united-side-frustrates-oxford-united-boss-karl-robinson/

That’s what we are now, we’re Oxford United and we’re going to be one of the big boys – maybe not financially, but we have to act like winners if you want to be successful.

Broken record now Karl
  • Options

That’s what we are now, we’re Oxford United and we’re going to be one of the big boys – maybe not financially, but we have to act like winners if you want to be successful.

Broken record now Karl
    If only grandfather Robinson had not bought him "The Compendium of Footballing Bullshit" when he was a lad!
  • Options

Seems that Leeds fans didn't know either, they took 1300 fans there!