Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Oxford appoint Robinson as head coach

Comments

• Options
    I genuinely feel sorry for Oxford.
  • Options
    he ll just go down in our memories as a RD yes man ...hes a poor manager with a poor record in a poor league

but hes a top class b/sh itter who probably will accept low pay
  • Options

I genuinely feel sorry for Oxford.

Don't say that on Twitter, I did and have since had a number of Oxford fans saying we are obsessed with them, We are bitter this below tweet from a MK Franchise fan did make me laugh tho idiots.

• Options
    I we really still talking about KR?
  • Options
    5 left including wigan and Blackburn away ha ha.
  • Options
    KR needs to prepare for life in League 2. Wonder what his budget will be? Then he’ll try to buy some of our players to fit into his beloved 4-2-3-1.
    Trouble is, he won’t be able to afford any of them.
  • Options
    Credit to Demetri Martin for this. I’m sure he had Robinson in mind. “ Man is like a diaper: difficult to change, especially when they're full of shit. “
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    League 2 beckons for KR
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham said:

DRAddick said:

Interesting reading the Oxford fans forum views on KR. "Love the way he speaks", "love his passion on the touchline", "we have lots of possession", "It's the players who aren't good enough" etc etc...... Sounds familiar. They'll learn.

The problem with that is if the players still aren't good enough to play his system next season he'll stick with it.
    Plus a decent manager can work with and improve what they have got. He should be able to come up with a system that suits them.
  • Options
    dont think oxford will go down, next season though easily could.
  • Options

dont think oxford will go down, next season though easily could.

That's handy, because if Roland is still here we'll need 4 teams in a worse mess than us
  • Options
    Dunno... Thanakarnjanasuth (Yes I took it from Wikipedia) probably has a bit of cash so Robinson will probably get backed in the Summer.

Means that Oxford can line up with Forster-Caskey | Reeves | Agard | Lewington next season whilst Karl mentions in every press conference that he was the man to spot Dele Alli after he scores a goal against Panama at the World Cup
  • Options
    Rolling out the "Lady Luck" bollocks he used to spout here.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43741115
  • Options

Rolling out the "Lady Luck" bollocks he used to spout here.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43741115

Hmmm, I'd call that a step forward from his time with us. I often felt, whilst enduring another miserable defeat, that we'd have more chance of winning if we'd relied solely on good fortune rather than pinning our hopes on 4-2-3-1.
  • Options
    Walking to the car after our 1-1 away draw at Oxford earlier this season, it was clear how much the Oxford fans were impressed with the football we played. I was hearing, they are the best footballing side in the division by a long way and similar. The clue of course should have been that we did not win the game and whilst we could have, we could just as easily have lost it!
  • Options
    cfgs said:

Scoham said:

DRAddick said:

Interesting reading the Oxford fans forum views on KR. "Love the way he speaks", "love his passion on the touchline", "we have lots of possession", "It's the players who aren't good enough" etc etc...... Sounds familiar. They'll learn.

The problem with that is if the players still aren't good enough to play his system next season he'll stick with it.
    Plus a decent manager can work with and improve what they have got. He should be able to come up with a system that suits them.
    Well from what I witnessed, he barely understands his favoured formation so he has little chance of being able to find a new formation and tell the players how he needs them to operate within it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Karl, there is no such person as Lady Luck.
  • Options

I still don't quite understand the level of hatred for Robinson on here. Not a good manager and i'm glad he is gone from a footballing perspective, but he did seem to genuinely care about us and only ever tried his best. Personal attacks about his weight and calling him Gobinson etc. are way OTT imo

Only he didn't care. He is happy to sing the praises of whoever he thinks will advance his career be it Roland, Katrien, the fans (at whichever club) but mainly himself.

Don't hate him and don't care that much but seeing him struggle after all the shit we heard on here and elsewhere about what a great manager he was and how he had "passion" does raise a small smile.
    How do you know he didn't care? From what I've heard he was genuine about his passion fir the club and wanted to succeed but the environment (as you can imagine with current owners) was/is toxic. He'd had enough by the end of Feb by all accounts. I don't know your profession but imagine your boss sacked co-workers, reduced your budget and constantly made bad decisions that had a negative effect. I think I'd quit too
  • Options
    agim said:

I still don't quite understand the level of hatred for Robinson on here. Not a good manager and i'm glad he is gone from a footballing perspective, but he did seem to genuinely care about us and only ever tried his best. Personal attacks about his weight and calling him Gobinson etc. are way OTT imo

Only he didn't care. He is happy to sing the praises of whoever he thinks will advance his career be it Roland, Katrien, the fans (at whichever club) but mainly himself.

Don't hate him and don't care that much but seeing him struggle after all the shit we heard on here and elsewhere about what a great manager he was and how he had "passion" does raise a small smile.
    How do you know he didn't care? From what I've heard he was genuine about his passion fir the club and wanted to succeed but the environment (as you can imagine with current owners) was/is toxic. He'd had enough by the end of Feb by all accounts. I don't know your profession but imagine your boss sacked co-workers, reduced your budget and constantly made bad decisions that had a negative effect. I think I'd quit too
    I'm assuming he quit because he knew that the new owners would replace him, and then the right job came up for him (on a personal level due to its location) so he went for it. I couldn't see him quitting Charlton to take a job at Plymouth or Doncaster for example.
  • Options
    If we fail to be promoted this season and next season Oxford got promoted either with us or instead of us, with Karl in charge, how would fans feel?
  • Options

agim said:

I'm assuming he quit because he knew that the new owners would replace him, and then the right job came up for him (on a personal level due to its location) so he went for it. I couldn't see him quitting Charlton to take a job at Plymouth or Doncaster for example.
    Just not true. He was touting himself for the Fleetwood job.
  • Options

Karl, there is no such person as Lady Luck.

She's playing up front this Saturday for the U's in a 4-2-3-1 line up
  • Options
    agim said:

Suppose you’d been warned about that by the national media and people in the business had told you the same thing before you started though?

Anyway, I heard Henry’s boss is a completely unreasonable person...