Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Joe Gomez Worth £50m

Comments

• Options
    Agreed, can see Van Dijk and Gomez being their 2 centre backs next season. No way are Liverpool letting him go anywhere, he's a young English international who could easily be there for 10+ years.
  • Options
    Gomez might leave in a couple of years, but the only side I can see him go to is pep’s Man City. That’s if joe has a great World Cup.
  • Options

Gomez might leave in a couple of years, but the only side I can see him go to is pep’s Man City. That’s if joe has a great World Cup.

Maybe but they've got Stones and Laporte who are likely going to be their centre back pairing for the forseeable.
  • Options
    All these prices are mad. De Vrij just went to Inter on a free. He's 20x the player Joe Gomez is. Dybala to Juve was 4 million, Pogba was on a free. There's too much money in the prem that we just throw it about.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    dizzee said:

All these prices are mad. De Vrij just went to Inter on a free. He's 20x the player Joe Gomez is. Dybala to Juve was 4 million, Pogba was on a free. There's too much money in the prem that we just throw it about.

Thats because he was Out of Contract though...

He's also 26-years old, whereas Joe Gomez is playing for one of Europe's top club @ just 20-years old

There is too much money in the Premier League (Agreed) yet you have to remember that if Liverpool never sell Joe Gomez and he becomes England Captain etc. then they got a World Class Defender for £3.5m which is peanuts
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    dizzee said:

€32m + 8m in add ons.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Just out of interest I know Joe only played 13 games for us, and I thought at the time we’ve got a proper player on our hands here, he seemed to be on a hover board, and just glided over the turf.

How do you think he compares against Paul Elliott or Richard Rufus at the same age?
  • Options

Just out of interest I know Joe only played 13 games for us, and I thought at the time we’ve got a proper player on our hands here, he seemed to be on a hover board, and just glided over the turf.

How do you think he compares against Paul Elliott or Richard Rufus at the same age?

I think he’s better ... and will become even more so.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I’d put him at the same level as paul Elliott. Rufus always had something extra about him
  • Options

I’d put him at the same level as paul Elliott. Rufus always had something extra about him
    Gomez is much better than Rufus was . I liked RR but he was pretty hopeless on the ball and relied completely on pace to get himself out of trouble. Gomez is a pure athlete and superb on the ball
  • Options
    Dont like to over hype players,but I remember Rio Ferdinand and Tony Adama as young kids starting out,Joe is up with them without a doubt.
  • Options
    I don't know which game it was but I remember him being up against a really tough opponent and not shirking the challenge at all and then he did some audacious drag back and I thought to myself "This kid is going to be one hell of a player".
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    I wonder how good he can become if he stays fit, and whether he’ll end up being a replacement for Ramos at Real Madrid, sounds nuts saying it, but it is possible, needs to add goals to his game imo.
  • Options
    Rufus was lighning quick ,i think he would have gone on to play for England if he hadnt picked up injuries.His ball distribution wasnt great. We saw Rufus play agsinst the best in the Prem over a period of years.
  • Options

Rufus was lighning quick ,i think he would have gone on to play for England if he hadnt picked up injuries.His ball distribution wasnt great. We saw Rufus play agsinst the best in the Prem over a period of years.

I think THAT tackle against spurs in his first game back after a long injury highlights the edge Rufus has over the other two, extremely good footballers that they are/were, when it comes to making comparisons between the three of them.
  • Options
    Except from Ipswich away when he got the run around playing left back, his class stood out in every match he played for us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I’d go as far to say he’s the best young player I’ve ever seen at Charlton.

His potential was obvious right from the Colchester League Cup game.

• Options
    bobmunro said:

I’d go as far to say he’s the best young player I’ve ever seen at Charlton.

For me he is up there with the likes of Lee an Parker as the best youngsters I've seen at Charlton.

He is also, in my opinion, the best English central defender right now with the potential to be the best in the world. He will end up at Barcelona or Real Madrid.
    My thoughts too.
  • Options
    Some players you see them live and think they are really good. Bowyer. Gomes is much better than Rufus. Very intelligent footballer, great passer of the ball, pacey. My only concern (and is a big concern) is the amount of time he is injured. I really hope he can limit his injuries and have a fantastic careeer.
  • Options
    Has the potential to be world class. He is only 21 and is playing so well and with such ease at Premier League and International level. At a top club with excellent coaches and players around him, playing regularly, he is only going to improve and it is so exciting.

He will be the best player ever to come out of our academy, I said it not long ago on the other Gomez thread and I mean it, the boy is going to the very top.
  • Options

I think THAT tackle against spurs in his first game back after a long injury highlights the edge Rufus has over the other two, extremely good footballers that they are/were, when it comes to making comparisons between the three of them.
    Gomez is already a regular at a big club at 21 as well as playing for England.

Rufus was 28 when he played his last season. As good as he was he probably wasn’t going to get to that level.
  • Options
    how many games did Rufus play in the Prem ? in a basic side against the best.He ALREADY was "at that level" and stayed there for a good few seasons
  • Options

I remember players like Shelvey and Parker coming through and thinking “they’ll play for England one day”

With Gomez it was “he’ll captain England one day”

Best academy player I’ve ever seen

You must have had remarkable foresight to see Parker. I didn’t see him play well until arsenal at home when we won 1-0