Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Which signings have most disappointed you?

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2018
    Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink has to be right up there. He couldn't carry that arse of his around the pitch he was so overweight.

I wouldn't put Dennis Rommedahl on the list. He wasn't as good for us as he was when he played for Denmark but he was like that at most of his clubs . He was still influential for us and who can forget that winner at The Nigel's place ?.
  • Options

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink has to be right up there. He couldn't carry that arse of his around the pitch he was so overweight.

I wouldn't put Dennis Rommedahl on the list. He wasn't as good for us as he was when he played for Denmark but he was like that at most of his clubs . He was still influential for us and who can forget that winner at The Nigel's place ?.

"In the end I just closed my eyes and blasted it at goal - and it went in."

• Options
    Milne
    Rommedahl
    Jeffers
    Gray
    Francis
    McLaughlin
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

Johnny Oestergard, Vigo Jacobson, Ben Reeves, Mark Marshall, Andy Gray, Amdy Faye, Traore.

When we signed Faye and Traore I genuinely hung my head whilst finding out on the OS. Wasn't disappointed with their performances as I just knew they were going to be shit.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

Rurik Gislasen - signed as a 16 or 17 year old, think we beat some big name clubs to his signing, seemed like a genuine hot prospect. Had a reasonable career, 43 international caps and now playing in second tier in Germany.

He takes the credit for me being able to see one Charlton game with my Dad... He was making his debut at Park View Road in a Reserve match so wanted to go along and see what he was like - My Dad decided to come with me, never forgotten Rurik cos of that
    SDAddick said:

Oh, Marco Motta is another one. Saw him play for Roma, Juve, and Italy and he looked like a good attacking wingback. When I saw him play for us he looked unfit and positionally awful. A lot of that was probably down to not having played in six months when we signed him, and I remember he had a couple good games, but I thought he would add a lot more than he did.

Marco Motta is probably the one player who could have challenged Chris Solly for that Right-Back slot (of course he came into the side when Chris was injured)
  • Options
    Declan Rudd
    Simon Francis
    Leighton Phillips
    Alan Dugdale
    Phil Ferns
    Don McAllister
    Alan Davies
    Paul Hince
    Barry Endean
    Paul Davies
    Simon Makienok

A full team of high hopes and complete disappointment.
  • Options
    Im surprised no one has mentioned Polish Pete

Was really happy that we'd gotten him, especially beating Villa | Dortmund | Benfica to his signing
  • Options
    Barry Endean must take a lot of beating
  • Options

Barry Endean must take a lot of beating

Barry Endean was absolute toilet.

• Options
    Lee Martin. Parky called him a very special player just before signing him, and said he had to keep it secret so no one tried to beat him to it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Danny Green. There was a feeling on here that such a good player would never sign for us and he was destined for Championship football. His goal at Welling was meant to be a sign of things to come. He looked like he'd score and create plenty.

He played his part in the title win but never became the player we hoped. Never even secured his place in the team ahead of Wagstaff.
  • Options
    Francis Jeffers and Nicky Ajose plus most of this seasons signings
  • Options
    Darren Ambrose
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Polish Pete definitely...and Reza. Maybe my memory is playing tricks but I remember liking John Barnes. Overweight and unfit but excellent at keeping possession. Rommedahl disappointed but mainly because of the way he was played.
  • Options
    Omar Pouso

Scores a wonder goal against England and then signs on loan for us the season after, nothing since.

Add Sorondo on loan from Inter Milan to the list too.
  • Options
    When @Fiiish signed for Labour and straight away went in as captain.

Up there with Mo Johnson and Sol Campbell that one...
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

Rurik Gislasen - signed as a 16 or 17 year old, think we beat some big name clubs to his signing, seemed like a genuine hot prospect. Had a reasonable career, 43 international caps and now playing in second tier in Germany.

Yassin Moutaouakil - France U21 captain, Barcelona, Celtic, Lazio, Aston Villa and Everton all supposedly chasing his signature but he chose us instead, as you would. Rabona flick to set up a goal against Scunthorpe and generally very impressive in his first couple of games, but then got injured and became more interested in Harry Arter's mum. All went down hill from there, drifted down the leagues to Hayes and Yeading. Now a personal trainer -https://www.puregym.com/personal-trainer/yassin-moutaouakil/ - possibly offering a discount if you bring your mum along to your first session.

So, my moniker is now a celebration of a personal trainer. At pure gym...
  • Options
    Most of mine have been mentioned.
    Maurice Setters
  • Options
    Andy Jones from Port Vale. .
  • Options
    Ronnie Moore. He probably wasn't all that bad but I contributed my hard-earned pocket money to help buy him so I felt well and truly robbed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Madjid Bougherra.

I saw him play for Wednesday v Birmingham in the December before he signed for us. The Wednesday fans coming out of the ground were all saying what a fantastic player he was and surely it was a matter of time before he went to the premier league.

He was a fantastic ball playing centre half but unfortunately injuries hampered his career with us.

• Options
    Roland signing the contract to buy us.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

Yassin Moutaouakil - France U21 captain, Barcelona, Celtic, Lazio, Aston Villa and Everton all supposedly chasing his signature but he chose us instead, as you would. Rabona flick to set up a goal against Scunthorpe and generally very impressive in his first couple of games, but then got injured and became more interested in Harry Arter's mum. All went down hill from there, drifted down the leagues to Hayes and Yeading. Now a personal trainer -https://www.puregym.com/personal-trainer/yassin-moutaouakil/ - possibly offering a discount if you bring your mum along to your first session.

Actually think Moutaouakil must've represented France at U21 level in another sport. It simply cannot have been football.