Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

More injury problems for this saturday

According to the Happy Shopper, Magennis has a hamstring complaint suffered in training on Tuesday and is doubtful for Saturday, while Fosu and JFC have not trained so far this week.

Comments

• Options
    Fosu and JFC seem to be picking up injuries fairly regularly.
  • Options
    Ive got a bad back aswell
  • Options
    The lights are still on at the Valley but no one is home.
  • Options
    were gonna get playoffs

alan you fucking dreamer
  • Options
    There is something seriously wrong with our training and fitness set up if three players get injured and we haven’t even played for two weeks.
  • Options
    JFC will be no great loss, he's been toilet for the last few weeks.

Might finally get to see Zyro for more than 5 minutes!
  • Options
    Throughout the whole club this epidemic is known as 'don't give a s*it as long as I'm paid ism'.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He's the new Joe Dodoo.
  • Options

There is something seriously wrong with our training and fitness set up if three players get injured and we haven’t even played for two weeks.

A lot of the players we sign are cheap because they do have a history of injuries.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

According to the Happy Shopper, Magennis has a hamstring complaint suffered in training on Tuesday and is doubtful for Saturday, while Fosu and JFC have not trained so far this week.

wasn't Tuesday the day the Sun video emerged. I reckon he's got the stropp and downed tools ;-))

• Options
    I found my boots in the garage the other day. Haven't played in a year or so but I'm available. Was never very good but that's normal for Charlton. Give us a shout Robbo.
  • Options
    edited March 2018

Fosu and JFC seem to be picking up injuries fairly regularly.

He keeps rushing players back when they clearly aren’t match fit. The 2 you mention are classic examples.
    Mavididi and DaSilva will be the same. I’m surprised he hasn’t tried to pick Clarke yet.
  • Options

Redhenry said:

get Zyro and Anfernee in!

reading doctor Kish blog yesterday about Zyro: http://www.cafcpicks.com/cgi-bin/drkish/display.pl?month=201803&date=20180307&time=0643

it makes no sense why he didn't play Zyro in that U23 game.

robinson makes the excuses that he has had a long term injury and was out for two years that's why he's not been playing. well why the hell have we got him then? at least bring in a loanee from a team in a league above who can actually make a difference otherwise what's the point in having him?

I have to say I don't understand why playing (or not, as it were) in a U-23s game is considered both the pinnacle of fitness making and an indictor as to whether or not a player features in the manager's plans. As FA has pointed out, you are only allowed three over-age outfield players. Plus, there may be a deal with Wolves that he can't play in youth level games.

I know 90 minutes in a match situation can help, I'm just saying it's not the be all end all. There are other ways to get fitness and sharpness, and the coaching staff may have felt another week training with the team was better suited to where he is now.
  • Options
    Magennis has probably been jumping around in the snow again thats why he is injured
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Redhenry said:

reading doctor Kish blog yesterday about Zyro: http://www.cafcpicks.com/cgi-bin/drkish/display.pl?month=201803&date=20180307&time=0643

robinson makes the excuses that he has had a long term injury and was out for two years that's why he's not been playing. well why the hell have we got him then? at least bring in a loanee from a team in a league above who can actually make a difference otherwise what's the point in having him?

I have to say I don't understand why playing (or not, as it were) in a U-23s game is considered both the pinnacle of fitness making and an indictor as to whether or not a player features in the manager's plans. As FA has pointed out, you are only allowed three over-age outfield players. Plus, there may be a deal with Wolves that he can't play in youth level games.

I know 90 minutes in a match situation can help, I'm just saying it's not the be all end all. There are other ways to get fitness and sharpness, and the coaching staff may have felt another week training with the team was better suited to where he is now.
    Hope not else we'd have broken it... He has appeared in U23 games prior to this week

Probably doesnt help the fact that if Magennis is potentially out, Robbo then didnt want to risk losing Zyro
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Redhenry said:

there are other ways to get fit but a sure way to reach match fitness is to, well, play matches. if he's not ready to play in a match then it goes back to the question: why the hell have we got him? he's been here for a couple of months now and has barely featured. the way things are going it seems a waste of a loan move.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2018

I found my boots in the garage the other day. Haven't played in a year or so but I'm available. Was never very good but that's normal for Charlton. Give us a shout Robbo.

EDIT: Quoted wrong post! How tall are you @cantersaddick ?
  • Options

shirty5 said:

wasn't Tuesday the day the Sun video emerged. I reckon he's got the stropp and downed tools ;-))

Probably forbidden from saying he (and Kennedy) were offended so adopting an 'actions speak louder than words' policy maybe?
  • Options
    I assume this means Josh is fine for Saturday
  • Options

I assume this means Josh is fine for Saturday

Not necessarily. I doubt he'd had said "I'm gutted I wont be there & I wish the fellas every luck in the world....." even though KR loves to tell the world who's fit or whose not & the team we'll be putting out.
  • Options
    He looked to be training well Thursday, as did Fosu and Forster- Caskey.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

Stick Anfernee up front- scored two for the U23s yesterday.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

He looked to be training well Thursday, as did Fosu and Forster- Caskey.

Typical News Hopper talking shite.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

EDIT: Quoted wrong post! How tall are you @cantersaddick ?
    Not tall enough.