Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

So how are you going to change your diet?

Comments

• Options

Stevelamb said:

No I am not suggesting it. It is a known fact.

People who don't eat anything don't get overweight and that's a Fact. It is a FACT!

Will not eating meat and dairy cure all life limiting genetic conditions or is prayer better?
    Snake oil cures all ails.
  • Options
    Please take the time to watch this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K36Zu0pA4U

• Options
    1 in 10 vegetarians is obese, 3 in 10 meat eaters are obese...

It can't be denied that more obese people are meat eaters, however those other 7 people that eat meat aren't obese? Why?

Because just like the 9 vegetarians, they're not greedy c*nts.

• Options
    LenGlover said:

Stevelamb said:

LenGlover said:

But what if one actually LIKES junk food and find leaves and twigs abhorrent?

Food is a big, essential part of life. Is there not an argument that the quality of one's life is enhanced, and possibly stress levels reduced, if one actually can relax and ENJOY what is eaten rather than hold one's nose and eat as a penance?

Have you any idea what is in cows milk and cheese?
    Calcium and protein which do me good.

More importantly I enjoy them.

Does that make me a bad person?
    Calcium and protein are not produced by cows.
  • Options
    Stevelamb said:

DPFC said:

Do not take too much notice of these heslth experts This whole food thing is getting over the top.
    At the age of 62 I had a bmI of 21 . colestrol of 4.2. blood pressure of 120 over 68 pulse of 59 a non smoker only drank 10 units of alcohol and week ate healthy foods and still had a heart attack
    Taking their advice did not help.me that much

DPFC said:

Do not take too much notice of these heslth experts This whole food thing is getting over the top.
    At the age of 62 I had a bmI of 21 . colestrol of 4.2. blood pressure of 120 over 68 pulse of 59 a non smoker only drank 10 units of alcohol and week ate healthy foods and still had a heart attack

DPFC said:

Do you eat meat and dairy products?
    Yes in moderation
    A guy down my road was a vegan and died at 56 so they drop dead as well
  • Options
    DPFC said:

Stevelamb said:

DPFC said:

DPFC said:

DPFC said:

Do you eat meat and dairy products?
    Yes in moderation
    A guy down my road was a vegan and died at 56 so they drop dead as well
    He must have been a fake vegan.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

It can't be denied that more obese people are meat eaters, however those other 7 people that eat meat aren't obese? Why?

You can be obese on the inside. Even if you are thin on the outside your arteries can be screwed and will be from the age of about 7 if you eat meat and dairy.
    Look at how many outwardly fit people die from a heart attack, a footballer is fit on the outside even from Italy.
  • Options
    Stevelamb said:

Dazzler21 said:

You can be obese on the inside. Even if you are thin on the outside your arteries can be screwed and will be from the age of about 7 if you eat meat and dairy.
    Look at how many outwardly fit people die from a heart attack, a footballer is fit on the outside even from Italy.
    Some stuff is diet related and some is genetic.
    Some vegans eat a bad diet as well as you obviously know.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Stevelamb said:

LenGlover said:

Stevelamb said:

LenGlover said:

Food is a big, essential part of life. Is there not an argument that the quality of one's life is enhanced, and possibly stress levels reduced, if one actually can relax and ENJOY what is eaten rather than hold one's nose and eat as a penance?

Who do I believe?

https://www.livescience.com/36512-experts-explain-milk-health-benefits-risks.html

...."Cow's milk is naturally an excellent source of calcium. It has vitamin D and it has potassium and it's a complete protein source as well. With other forms of dairy – cheese, yogurt and other sources – you are getting some, but not all, of the nutrients from milk."......

And therein lies the point.

The information is conflicting and too many in the food industry are control freaks for my liking and have their own ideological agendas. Therefore I listen to my body and eat what I like in the quantities I like.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LenGlover said:

Stevelamb said:

LenGlover said:

Stevelamb said:

LenGlover said:

Who do I believe?

https://www.livescience.com/36512-experts-explain-milk-health-benefits-risks.html

...."Cow's milk is naturally an excellent source of calcium. It has vitamin D and it has potassium and it's a complete protein source as well. With other forms of dairy – cheese, yogurt and other sources – you are getting some, but not all, of the nutrients from milk."......

The information is conflicting and too many in the food industry are control freaks for my liking and have their own ideological agendas. Therefore I listen to my body and eat what I like in the quantities I like.
    Food is one of the great joys in life - every culture echoes that. If you eat stuff in 'moderation' that seems a reasonable goal.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Stevelamb said:

LenGlover said:

Stevelamb said:

LenGlover said:

Who do I believe?

Cows do not produce Calcium and protein. They get it from the food they eat.
    A cow is just the middleman.
    Cut out the middleman and all the puss and antibiotics that cows milk is allowed to have a legal amount of.
  • Options
    Stevelamb said:

LenGlover said:

Stevelamb said:

LenGlover said:

Stevelamb said:

LenGlover said:

Who do I believe?

Cut out the middleman and all the puss and antibiotics that cows milk is allowed to have a legal amount of.
    But you've not addressed my point regarding ENJOYMENT of food.
  • Options
    Stevelamb said:

Fumbluff said:

Stevelamb said:

A whole food plant based diet tells you what I eat, being a vegan doesn't.
    So I say I am on a Whole food plant based diet not a Vegan diet.

It doesn’t tell me what you eat at all.
    Please list me out everything you consumed yesterday.
    A large Orange, Two bananas, a Mediterranean salad with added sweetcorn, Mixed nuts and a vegetable dhansak with boiled rice and a small portion of mango chutney and two tins of Guinness. Oh and a hazelnut milk smoothie with added ground flaxseeds with added turmeric and ground black pepper and copious amounts of water.
    And finally the weight of your stool?
  • Options
    Stevelamb said:

LenGlover said:

Stevelamb said:

LenGlover said:

Stevelamb said:

LenGlover said:

Who do I believe?

Can vegans be unhealthy or is it the cure for everything?
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Stevelamb said:

LenGlover said:

Stevelamb said:

LenGlover said:

Stevelamb said:

LenGlover said:

Who do I believe?

But you've not addressed my point regarding ENJOYMENT of food.</blockquoT

I enjoy the taste of my food now more than ever,your taste buds change.
    I could not now eat anything else other than plant based whole food.
  • Options

Stevelamb said:

LenGlover said:

Stevelamb said:

LenGlover said:

Stevelamb said:

LenGlover said:

Who do I believe?

Sadly it is not the cure for everything but it does however considerably reduce your chances of getting these western diet deceases and if you have them can even reverse them. Like my Type 2 diabetes.
  • Options
    Stevelamb said:

LenGlover said:

Stevelamb said:

LenGlover said:

Stevelamb said:

LenGlover said:

Stevelamb said:

LenGlover said:

Who do I believe?

But you've not addressed my point regarding ENJOYMENT of food.
    That's good. I'm glad that you enjoy your diet.

However I enjoy meat, fish and dairy rather more than an excess of fruit and vegetables so will stick with what I like.
  • Options
    And that is where the problem lies.
  • Options
    Stevelamb said:

Stevelamb said:

LenGlover said:

Stevelamb said:

LenGlover said:

Stevelamb said:

LenGlover said:

Who do I believe?

Sadly it is not the cure for everything but it does however considerably reduce your chances of getting these western diet deceases and if you have them can even reverse them. Like my Type 2 diabetes.
    I watched a documentary about a group of individuals going on a 'raw' diet - the health benefits were pretty impressive but it was pretty joyless.

Diet is part of the picture but genes obviously affect your health as do smoking and exercise.
    Stress is also a big factor.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Stevelamb said:

Stevelamb said:

LenGlover said:

Stevelamb said:

LenGlover said:

Stevelamb said:

LenGlover said:

Who do I believe?

I watched a documentary about a group of individuals going on a 'raw' diet - the health benefits were pretty impressive but it was pretty joyless.

Diet is part of the picture but genes obviously affect your health as do smoking and exercise.

I personally would rather have the health benefits as being dead or dying I suspect is also pretty joyless.
  • Options
    Stevelamb said:

Britain needs to go on a diet.

The popular foods being targeted.
    Food manufacturers, supermarkets, takeaways and fast-food outlets have been told to reduce the calories in the following foods:

savoury biscuits and crackers
    speciality breads, such as ciabatta with olives
    cooking sauces and dressings
    crisps and savoury snacks
    egg products
    potato products
    meat products, such as pies, pastries, sausages and burgers
    pasta, rice and noodles
    ready meals and takeaways
    dips
    pizza
    food-to-go, such as sandwiches
    soups
    If action is not taken, PHE said, it would be prepared to ask the government to legisla

Phew, not a mention of the Donor Kebab. Thats dinner sorted now to find something to wear while eating it. ;)
  • Options
    Stevelamb said:

Stevelamb said:

Stevelamb said:

LenGlover said:

Stevelamb said:

LenGlover said:

Stevelamb said:

LenGlover said:

Who do I believe?

I personally would rather have the health benefits as being dead or dying I suspect is also pretty joyless.
    Eating should be a pleasure within reason.
  • Options
    "Plant-based Diets
    In 1990, most years of healthy life were lost reportedly to undernutrition, such as diarrheal diseases in malnourished children, but now the greatest disease burden may be attributed to high blood pressure, a disease of overnutrition. The pandemic of chronic disease has been ascribed in part to the near-universal shift toward a diet dominated by processed foods and animal-sourced foods—more meat, oils, dairy, soda, eggs, sugar, salt, and refined grains.

How can scientists parse out the effects of specific foods? Researchers studied lapsed vegetarians. People who once ate vegetarian diets but then started to eat meat at least once a week experienced a 146 percent increase in odds of heart disease, a 152 percent increase in stroke, a 166 percent increase in diabetes, and a 231 percent increase in odds for weight gain. During the 12 years after the transition away from eating vegetarian, meat-eating was associated with a 3.6 year decrease in life expectancy.

Researchers have shown that a more plant-based diet may help prevent, treat, or reverse some of our leading causes of death, including heart disease, type 2 diabetes, and high blood pressure. Interventional studies of plant-based diets have shown, for example, 90 percent reductions in angina attacks within just a few weeks. Plant-based diet intervention groups have reported greater diet satisfaction than control groups, as well as improved digestion, increased energy, and better sleep, and significant improvement in their physical functioning, general health, vitality, and mental health. Studies have shown plant-based eating can improve not only body weight, blood sugar levels, and ability to control cholesterol, but also emotional states, including depression, anxiety, fatigue, sense of well-being, and daily functioning.

Only one way of eating has ever been proven to reverse heart disease in the majority of patients: a diet centered around whole plant foods. If that’s all a whole-food, plant-based diet could do—reverse our number-one killer—shouldn’t that be the default diet until proven otherwise? The fact it may also be effective in preventing, treating, and arresting other leading killers seems to make the case for plant-based eating simply overwhelming."
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    @Stevelamb your youtube video is interesting so far. I am trying to watch with an open mind.

The guy is assuming we don't know what goes on in farms etc. It is typical Vegan propaganda.

I had hoped that you were going to provide a link that was unbiased.

'Vegan's are only asking you to change what you eat, not who you are'

He also tries to use the bible several times. The bible condones meat eating.

'There is no counter argument for veganism, you can't be right all the time'

This statement could easily say that he is incorrect.

He states there is denial and violent opposition to veganism... vegans deny and violently oppose the benefits of meat.

He also says that 'Animals don't volunteer themselves to be slaughtered' I don't disagree.

'They don't say i'm here just to be a meal just for you.' I disagree, these animals would not survive in the actual wild if man were to completely stop eating them.

I do not agree with Kosher or Halal killing processes but then I am not Jewish or Muslim.

I believe the animals should be stunned or unconscious when killed.

He says he's embarrassed to stand upright? Like really that's the issue with humanity standing on two feet??

Now he's going through the more interesting bits.

He just recommended eating unwashed foods.

He sounds a lot like a Herbalife rep at times.

He's correct that Heart Disease and Cancer are not hereditary.

He mentions that lots of things have protein, however most are very low protein examples.

He accuses the meat dairy and egg eaters people dying of starvation?

If we weren't eating the animals, we'd be eating what we feed to these animals... therefore the problem still exists.

I won't say it hasn't got me thinking so far, maybe that makes me a monster because I am not contemplating changing what I eat.

I do sometimes buy veganised foods, purely because I like the taste.

He's got some good points, but then there wouldn't be a video of him doing this if he was shit at it.

98% of the animals that die are killed by the meat industry.

98% of the animals that live on the planet, wouldn't exist as they wouldn't survive in the wild.

He doesn't like PETA presenting topless women as meat - I agree with that, it doesn't make sense as a ad campaign to have women objectified with some red paint to put people off meat. PETA want to be mentioned more than they want to stop animal cruelty and deaths.

He has just challenged the fact that dogs and cats eat meat? That Lions, Tigers, alligators and wolves eat meat...

He said he doesn't like that animals eat other animals...
    That's a fail, they need meat in their diet and that has been proven.

I do agree we have very few carnivorous and omnivorous instincts these days, however I'd argue that we have lost all our hunter and gatherer instincts because of the availability of foods. He then tries to say the 27 year old dog that was on a vegan diet as an example. Therefore I ask why do other dogs and cats put on vegan diets get so ill.

I do agree plants are not relevant in the argument.

I do feel the need to ask about oreos though... they're vegan... They're shit.

He does admit animals dying naturally would break the rules.

Interesting watch, but now it's done I immediately am not overly stressed.
  • Options
    Stevelamb said:

"Plant-based Diets
    In 1990, most years of healthy life were lost reportedly to undernutrition, such as diarrheal diseases in malnourished children, but now the greatest disease burden may be attributed to high blood pressure, a disease of overnutrition. The pandemic of chronic disease has been ascribed in part to the near-universal shift toward a diet dominated by processed foods and animal-sourced foods—more meat, oils, dairy, soda, eggs, sugar, salt, and refined grains.

How can scientists parse out the effects of specific foods? Researchers studied lapsed vegetarians. People who once ate vegetarian diets but then started to eat meat at least once a week experienced a 146 percent increase in odds of heart disease, a 152 percent increase in stroke, a 166 percent increase in diabetes, and a 231 percent increase in odds for weight gain. During the 12 years after the transition away from eating vegetarian, meat-eating was associated with a 3.6 year decrease in life expectancy.

Researchers have shown that a more plant-based diet may help prevent, treat, or reverse some of our leading causes of death, including heart disease, type 2 diabetes, and high blood pressure. Interventional studies of plant-based diets have shown, for example, 90 percent reductions in angina attacks within just a few weeks. Plant-based diet intervention groups have reported greater diet satisfaction than control groups, as well as improved digestion, increased energy, and better sleep, and significant improvement in their physical functioning, general health, vitality, and mental health. Studies have shown plant-based eating can improve not only body weight, blood sugar levels, and ability to control cholesterol, but also emotional states, including depression, anxiety, fatigue, sense of well-being, and daily functioning.

Only one way of eating has ever been proven to reverse heart disease in the majority of patients: a diet centered around whole plant foods. If that’s all a whole-food, plant-based diet could do—reverse our number-one killer—shouldn’t that be the default diet until proven otherwise? The fact it may also be effective in preventing, treating, and arresting other leading killers seems to make the case for plant-based eating simply overwhelming."

You're not going to change centuries of food culture overnight whatever the evidence.
  • Options
    Stevelamb said:

And that is where the problem lies.

So people choosing what they eat is a 'problem' in your eyes.

I call it freedom of choice and that is where we will always differ.

You are on an ideological crusade I just want to enjoy what I eat.

• Options

Good diet, exercise, and healthy lifestyle are very important but ultimately it’s the genes you inherited that are at least as important.

If you smoke and drink heavily, eat a bad diet and don't exercise then your genes won't save you. Some illnesses are down to our lifestyle and others are more down to our genes.

Good genes aren't always dished out fairly - sadly a bit of a lottery.

A lot of poor health choices are down to poor mental health - someone who is depressed etc is less likely to look after themselves.
    Good choices and healthy lifestyle won’t necessarily save you either. Sad but true.

• Options

dizzee said:

The biggest issue is alcohol. It starts early with young people at university drinking thousands of calories a night. I don’t think it’s the tesco sandwich in the morning that’s the issue.

Yeah this 100%, you go to the pub and have 5 pints, that is nearly your entire daily calories gone. I've nearly cut out alcohol in 2018 as well as a healthier diet and i've lost 13kg in 2 and bit months
    You’ll probably live forever or at least it will seem like it ;0)

• Options
    Stevelamb said:

Stevelamb said:

Britain needs to go on a diet.

The popular foods being targeted.
    Food manufacturers, supermarkets, takeaways and fast-food outlets have been told to reduce the calories in the following foods:

savoury biscuits and crackers
    speciality breads, such as ciabatta with olives
    cooking sauces and dressings
    crisps and savoury snacks
    egg products
    potato products
    meat products, such as pies, pastries, sausages and burgers
    pasta, rice and noodles
    ready meals and takeaways
    dips
    pizza
    food-to-go, such as sandwiches
    soups
    If action is not taken, PHE said, it would be prepared to ask the government to legisla

Interesting how some of the most damaging foods are missing off the above list.
    So I would add all dairy products to the above list with particular attention to cheese.
    I would also add oil as one major item to avoid, and yes this does include olive oil virgin or not.
    High sugar soda type drinks are not as bad as you might think or are lead to believe, it is what you eat with them that causes the damage.
    French eat lots of saturated fats through cheese and the Mediterranean diet is high in use of olive oil.

It’s not that simple.