Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Most underated films!

Comments

• Options
    Timecop.
    All the Scream films.
  • Options

Malice.
    Thought it was terrific. Hardly anyone I know has seen it.

Loved that film. Baldwin, Pullman and Kidman especially are fantastic. Shout out to Bebe Neuwirth as well in a brilliant supporting role
    Agreed.
    One thing that really sticks with me about Malice is that I expected it to be utter toilet - this was entirely because, for a while, it was one of the trailer movies at the beginning of other VHS movies and the trailer was abysmal. It was voiced over by the bloke with the stupid voice that is so deep and gruff that it surely can’t actually be anyone’s real voice? He said stuff like:
    MALICE
    HE...IS A PROFESSOR
    MALICE
    SHE....IS A TEACHER
    MALICE
    THEY NEED....A MIRACLE
    MALICE
    and so on.
    Truly awful trailer that undersold the film outrageously. I only bought it because I worked in Dillon’s at the time and we were closing down a branch and selling off a load of the stock cheap, so I got it and about 20 other videos for about a quid each. By far the best pound spent out of all of them.
    If you’ve never seen it, I would suggest you give it a go.
  • Options
    'Black cat white cat'
    By Emir Kustorica.
    Also check out his band 'the no smoking orchestra' live performance on YouTube.
    Love the man...
  • Options
    London to Brighton.
    100 Streets.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Man on the Moon

3 Idiots

Confessions of a Dangerous Mind

The Game

Kenny

Adaptation

Control

A Prophet

Blue Valentine

• Options
    Carry On Emmanuel
  • Options
    Big night (stanley Tucci)
    Night on earth (Jim Jarmoush)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Big night (stanley Tucci)
    Night on earth (Jim Jarmoush)

Agree with Big Night, brilliant movie, great performance by Tucci
  • Options
    Sidewalks of New York
    What Dreams May Come
  • Options
    Cinderella Man.
  • Options

Valkyrie

Great film.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

Carlito’s Way

Great film - in my top 5 for sure.
  • Options
    Oh, and The Lives Of The Others
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    All of the Will Hay films from the 1930's / 40's. Hay doesn't receive the same level of reverence bestowed to other British comedians but he created the comic persona of the bumbling authority figure which has dominated British comedy.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

I really rate Children of Men but no one else seems to have heard of it.

Au contraire, mon ami. Best thing I've seen Clive Owen do.
  • Options

Waterworld

I think the critics had a downer on it when it came out because it was clearly a Costner vanity project and it had cost a fortune. It's certainly better than it was portrayed on release but it's not something I've needed to watch a second time.
  • Options

Waterworld

I think the critics had a downer on it when it came out because it was clearly a Costner vanity project and it had cost a fortune. It's certainly better than it was portrayed on release but it's not something I've needed to watch a second time.
    I thought all of his films were that
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

stonemuse said:

Moon
    Sunshine
    Memento
    Identity

Memento is excellent.
    Not really underrated though . Moon is a great call.
    If that's the thing by Bowie's son, it's very much lauded by the critics so is it correct to call it underrated?
  • Options

Whats a critical success?

When you're nuclear weapon goes bang?
  • Options

Malice.
    Thought it was terrific. Hardly anyone I know has seen it.

Loved that film. Baldwin, Pullman and Kidman especially are fantastic. Shout out to Bebe Neuwirth as well in a brilliant supporting role
    Agreed.
    One thing that really sticks with me about Malice is that I expected it to be utter toilet - this was entirely because, for a while, it was one of the trailer movies at the beginning of other VHS movies and the trailer was abysmal. It was voiced over by the bloke with the stupid voice that is so deep and gruff that it surely can’t actually be anyone’s real voice? He said stuff like:
    MALICE
    HE...IS A PROFESSOR
    MALICE
    SHE....IS A TEACHER
    MALICE
    THEY NEED....A MIRACLE
    MALICE
    and so on.
    Truly awful trailer that undersold the film outrageously. I only bought it because I worked in Dillon’s at the time and we were closing down a branch and selling off a load of the stock cheap, so I got it and about 20 other videos for about a quid each. By far the best pound spent out of all of them.
    If you’ve never seen it, I would suggest you give it a go.
    @lordromford If that's a WOOOSH I'm going to come back and haunt you.
  • Options
    Chunes said:

Man on the Moon

3 Idiots

Confessions of a Dangerous Mind

The Game

Kenny

Adaptation

Control

A Prophet

Blue Valentine

I was going to mention Man on the Moon, and Control is a great shout too.
  • Options
    Dead Man’s Shoes
    Man on Fire
    Super Troopers
  • Options
    Sex Lives of the Potato Men. I know that me and the missus are pretty much unique in liking this one...

Rita, Sue and Bob too.
  • Options

Rocknrolla

Rate it higher than lock stock, I have no idea why Guy Ritchie hasn’t made the sequel yet. He said it’s been written for a few years now.
  • Options
    City of Ember
  • Options

Rita, Sue and Bob too.

“Is that all she’s getting?”
    “I thought I were great”