Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

My England team when everyone is fit

edited October 2006 in General Charlton
Robinson
Neville Terry Ferdinard A.Cole

Lennon Gerrard Hargreaves J.Cole

Rooney Bent.

Comments

• Options
    Cant disagree but with an on form Owen instead of Bent.
  • Options
    Oops, I forgot about him...
  • Options
    Very difficult to pick a hole in that selection. Fancy the Manager's Job ?
  • Options
    Not sure on Keeper, don't think Robinson is the answer, and Woodgate for Ferdinand
  • Options
    name a better keeper that an England manager would play - ie experienced enough
  • Options
    i would go with my assistant and teamscouts and identify potential weakness in who we would be playing.watch a few hours of video of their past few games just to comfim my suspicions,and make sure my england team had bent up front.
  • Options
    Think David James is a better keeper at the moment Arf, Scott Carson will be number one in the near future as well
  • Options
    james may well be playing better at the moment but there should be no comeback for him. He has had numerous chances in the past and been found wanting, and at 35 he has little future.

Stick with Robbo and hope he's just going through a funny patch. I'll think he will prove solid long-term.
  • Options
    Beckham: I would like to see him in the squad perhaps as an advanced full back, although whether you could play him and cole together would be questionable.

Ashton: someone like him is vital as we have very little aerial ability up front despite Crouch being 8ft 9",

Bent: is similar and has more goals, I think the management are concerned about his all round play, but for me at least one out and out goal scorer is vital..

Whether either can cut it at top international level is debatable however.

Gerrard: Wouldnt play Lamps/Gerrard together so that the latter would start for me, and apparently he can play anywhere...

Parker: On his day simply is the best ball winning/passer combination player I have seen in the flesh.

Rooney: major talent so should have floating role.

Lennon: pace and width somewhere are vital so bring him in, just a shame there arent more left footed players who fit the mould.

My team would therefore be something like

Robinson

Beckham Ferdinand Terry Cole

Lennon/Cole Parker Gerrard/Cole

Rooney

Ashton/Bent Owen/Crouch/Defoe

:D
  • Options
    Just need convincing on Robinson, he's in on reputation not form, and I thought we had moved away from that kind of thinking, he's been average for Spurs for a good while, he gets done from distance to easierly, and doesn't move his feet well enough.

Carson, Kirkland or Foster might be a better long term option, Rob Green looks like Worsel Gumage and doesn't count
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i think its easy to say when all fit but they was not so he can only go with what he has. i thought he got it wrong last night and felt the midfield trio were all looking to much to collect the ball and hump it forward leaving the front 2 isolated. i also feel if your playing wing backs that bridge has a much better delivery than cole

i would have gone on players available last night

Robinson, Neville, ferdinand, terry, bridge, jenas (right), parker, carrick, downing, Bent, Rooney

I tihnk lampard is clearly of form and i know people say so is rroney but i think the front 2 were really lacking in support last night