Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Press Conference ahead of Oxford

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/15913222.charlton-star-mark-marshall-set-to-return-for-oxford-united-clash-after-family-bereavement/

Mark Marshall back after the family loss... Michal Zyro and Sullay Kaikai both in contention

Jason Pearce though still injured

And no... this isnt my Match Preview

Comments

• Options

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/15913222.charlton-star-mark-marshall-set-to-return-for-oxford-united-clash-after-family-bereavement/

Mark Marshall back after the family loss... Michal Zyro and Sullay Kaikai both in contention

Errrrh !! Why do I keep clicking on links to that shit heap of a web site !
  • Options
    To save the rest of you from sharing @Bedsaddick 's pain...

Charlton star Mark Marshall set to return for Oxford United clash after family bereavement

Mark Marshall is set to return to the Charlton squad against Oxford United on Saturday.
    The winger, 30, missed the postponed trip to Blackpool due to a family bereavement.

And Valley boss Karl Robinson has paid tribute to Marshall and insists he’s in the right frame of mind to play again.
    He said: “He lost a family member the other week, he was devastated with that. It’s a family member who raised him and someone he owes an awful lot to.
    “Football is something we enjoy and your family always comes first. I’m willing to lose a player for the support mechanism of your family. It was right we did that as a football club. We wished him well and he thanked us.
    “He’s a tremendous man. People can see how honest he works. It’s typical Mark Marshall - he landed at 9.30am and he’s on the training pitch at 11am. That shows you the type of person he is.
    “He’ll be in the right frame of mind to play against Oxford. The bereavement happened two weeks ago and he played two games during that.
    “He’s in a good place and he's starting to grow on people. He maybe didn't start with the quality he has, but the last few games, he’s been sensational.”

New loan signings Michal Zyro and Sullay Kaikai will be available for selection against Oxford, but Jason Pearce is a doubt with an ongoing knee problem.
  • Options
    Over 1,000 tickets have now been sold and fans are reminded that although they can pay at the Valley prices increase by £3 on the day
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Over 1,000 tickets have now been sold and fans are reminded that although they can pay at the Valley prices increase by £3 on the day

So out of interest is the ticket levy still known as the 'Kat tax' or what?
  • Options
    edited February 2018

I know it’s not your preview but...

Amos
    Solly Konsa Bauer Dasilva
    Kashi Forster-Caskey
    Marshall Mavididi Fosu
    Magennis

Phillips, Lennon, Jackson, Aribo, Reeves, Kaikai, Zyro

Harsh on Aribo but that is how I see it. Forster-Caskey will likely come back into the side now he has got a bit fitter. Kaikai and Zyro will come on too.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

ross1 said:

"InTone Tax" = its only a little, but annoying just the same.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    T_C_E said:

RedChaser said:

ross1 said:

"InTone Tax" = its only a little, but annoying just the same.
    Very good mate I knew you wouldn't be able to resist :wink:. Or how about TK (M)Tax
  • Options
    Sage said:

Amos
    Kashi Forster-Caskey
    Marshall Mavididi Fosu
    Magennis

Harsh on Aribo but that is how I see it. Forster-Caskey will likely come back into the side now he has got a bit fitter. Kaikai and Zyro will come on too.
    Robinson is one for judging players in training, so there's just an outside chance that Kaikai or Zylo might start if he likes what he sees enough, and if he thinks they're fit enough. More likely to start from the bench, but you never know.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Sage said:

Amos
    Kashi Forster-Caskey
    Marshall Mavididi Fosu
    Magennis

That JFC or Aribo decision is going to be really harsh on one of them. I appreciate your bravery.

I rate JFC higher overall, but Aribo has been mustard in the penalty box. Not just with his goals, but his header lead to the goal mouth scramble and there was one other thing I can't think of now.

There's a case to be made to drop Marshall, but he has a goal and an assist in his last two games. And he offers good cover on that right hand side, with his pace he can get up and back when playing on the right, which Reeves isn't able to do as effectively.

Also, Oxford have been going 4-4-2 recently, especially since losing Payne, so I wouldn't mind us going 4-3-3/4-1-4-1 and giving a lot of freedom to JFC and Aribo, playing Fosu and Mav wide and giving them a lot of freedom as well.

Amos
    Solly Konsa Bauer DaSilva
    ........... Kashi
    Fosu Aribo JFC Mavididi
    .......... Magennis

The problem with that is I think when Mav plays through the middle he can make runs behind Josh, stretching the defense and allowing Josh to drop deep and get the ball with his back to goal. Plus having that defensive winger against Henry or Mowatt or that young Man City loanee whose name escapes me would be helpful.
  • Options
    I said before Blackpool that the link up play between Mav and Mag against Walsall (once Mav was moved into the middle) was exceptional. They just seemed to work together so well. One dropping and the other pushing up or one pushing wide and taking a defender with him and the other hitting the space created. Was the best I'd seen Mag play since Clarke got injured.

We have to keep that partnership.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oh and condolences to Mark Marshall. Hope he's doing better now.
  • Options

I said before Blackpool that the link up play between Mav and Mag against Walsall (once Mav was moved into the middle) was exceptional. They just seemed to work together so well. One dropping and the other pushing up or one pushing wide and taking a defender with him and the other hitting the space created.

Was the best I'd seen Mag play since Clarke got injured.

And there we may have a clue as to why Magennis' form dropped off.