Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Star player injured and other injury updates

13»

Comments

• Options
    I didn't go to MK but sadly I think Solly is too easily beaten on his inside now. He can't twist quickly enough .
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

Glad Bauer is fit, think he's our best center back and after being out for so long I'm not sure if Pearce is ready for 90 minutes.

But if he is, I think it's worth discussing dropping Solly.

No chance
    Sols, Bauer, Pearce, Dasilva

Solid back 4
    Haven't been to as many as previous year due to location but still made 8 games and for me its Konsa Bauer Pearse Da Silva. That was back four at Fleetwood where its been the best we've played although Walsall was good also. I feel with Konsa in there it also gives us a bit more height when defending set pieces. Love Sols but for me that's the back four I would favour.
    Sarr actually played against Fleetwood but agree it was our best performance of the year. And yeah I think something is off with Solly and that he's been average to poor the last few games. He looks like he's running in slow motion at times. Konsa has been immense over the last couple months and Bauer is a fantastic steadying influence and reads the game really well.

Pearce's lack of pace and lack of ability on the ball concern me, for me Bauer is the far superior player not just because of his technical ability, but because he reads danger and snuffs it out before he needs to throw in a last ditch tackle or header in his own box. But with Solly playing the way he is I'd rather Konsa at right back.
    Sorry, I did know that as hadn't drunk too much that day haha.
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:

Konsa has the odd good game, but he still does not take responsibility often enough, and when playing full back passes inside way too often. He also doesn't get up to support the winger enough, and cannot cross.

He needs to improve a lot if he is to replace Solly regularly at right back IMO.

See, This is how I saw Konsa last season when he played exactly how you described. At Fleetwood he was a different animal, including putting some good crosses into the box. Maybe it was a confidence thing last season.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

Glad Bauer is fit, think he's our best center back and after being out for so long I'm not sure if Pearce is ready for 90 minutes.

But if he is, I think it's worth discussing dropping Solly.

No chance
    Sols, Bauer, Pearce, Dasilva

Solid back 4
    Haven't been to as many as previous year due to location but still made 8 games and for me its Konsa Bauer Pearse Da Silva. That was back four at Fleetwood where its been the best we've played although Walsall was good also. I feel with Konsa in there it also gives us a bit more height when defending set pieces. Love Sols but for me that's the back four I would favour.
    Sarr actually played against Fleetwood but agree it was our best performance of the year. And yeah I think something is off with Solly and that he's been average to poor the last few games. He looks like he's running in slow motion at times. Konsa has been immense over the last couple months and Bauer is a fantastic steadying influence and reads the game really well.

Pearce's lack of pace and lack of ability on the ball concern me, for me Bauer is the far superior player not just because of his technical ability, but because he reads danger and snuffs it out before he needs to throw in a last ditch tackle or header in his own box. But with Solly playing the way he is I'd rather Konsa at right back.
    Bauer is becoming more confident, but we do miss Pearce's leadership when he isn't playing. If he had been playing, would we have conceded all those late goals?

And he gives additional physical strength at the back, when as a team we're pretty lightweight
  • Options
    Let us hope this is not the time for Amos to get his turn for injury
  • Options
    Touch wood it sounds like the best possible news for Kashi. Would really love to see him in a Charlton shirt again.

Hopefully Stephy and Jay can progress without any setbacks. We desperately miss his dynamism and running in behind.

I do really appreciate that the club does these.
  • Options
    From newshopper

"Charlton striker Josh Magennis is an injury doubt for Saturday’s trip to Peterborough.

The Northern Ireland international, who has scored three goals in his last five games, suffered a hamstring complaint on Tuesday.

And to add to the Addicks’ never-ending injury woes, first-team duo Jake Forster-Caskey and Tariqe Fosu are yet to train this week.

Valley boss Karl Robinson told News Shopper: “Jake and Tariqe have not trained yet. They've done bits, but they've not trained fully. They've got to pass a few tests on Thursday.

“Josh Magennis came out on Tuesday with his hamstring. We’re still not too sure if it’s neural [a nerve] or not, we’re not 100 per cent sure. We’ll see how he is on Thursday.”

Michal Zyro or Nicky Ajose would be the most likely candidates to replace Magennis if the striker fails to recover in time for Saturday.

The Wolves loanee has been restricted to just three substitute appearances since joining the Addicks in January.

Robinson said: “Michal Zyro trained really well on Tuesday.

“He’s really pushing and he’s working really hard.

“He’s doing everything that we’re asking of him.

“If Josh isn't fit [for Peterborough], Michal starts up front.”

Charlton are just two points off sixth-placed Plymouth ahead of their game against play-off rivals Peterborough."

• Options

Jake Bacon

@JakeTBacon
    7m7 minutes ago
    More
    Ahmed Kashi, Tariqe Fosu and Naby Sarr are expected to start training again on Sunday. Could be in contention for the Shrewsbury trip. #cafc
  • Options
    Good news. With Fosu in the team I feel we could get something out of the Shrewsbury match
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

They need to be properly fit though.

If they break down during a game because they've been thrown in before they are ready, we will lose them for the rest of the season.

Completely agree. With Fosu And Sarr, they'll have been out for a couple weeks and a week respectively. So hopefully getting them up to speed shouldn't take too long. With Kashi, that risk of him breaking down is huge so you don't want to rush him back.

Because we have more players back from injury, I do feel like we can afford to ease players back.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

They need to be properly fit though.

If they break down during a game because they've been thrown in before they are ready, we will lose them for the rest of the season.

The way that Bowyer has integrated Dasilva back into the squad I'd be surprised if any are thrown in if not ready