Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Star player injured and other injury updates

Comments

• Options
    RedChaser said:

Couldn't rhey just name the player instead of us having to play guessing games until 2pm on sat. I can't see the problem if a wife / gf is about to give birth or a family illness.

Guessing games? Sod that, It'll be drinking games for me. :tongue:
    Don't have too many mate.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

RedChaser said:

Couldn't rhey just name the player instead of us having to play guessing games until 2pm on sat. I can't see the problem if a wife / gf is about to give birth or a family illness.

Pump and Truncheon?

Are you sure it's only a drinking game?

Is this rhyming slang for Trump and Puncheon? Donald to be our new owner and Jason as striker?
  • Options

RedChaser said:

I'll try not to or post on here whilst under the influence :wink: .
  • Options

Oggy Red said:

RedChaser said:

Pump and Truncheon?

Are you sure it's only a drinking game?

Is this rhyming slang for Trump and Puncheon? Donald to be our new owner and Jason as striker?
    Ah ..... very good!

You just have to see Red Chaser's post tonight on the takeover thread :smile:

• Options
    SDAddick said:

On the subject of players missing out for personal reasons, Micahl Zyro's SO is pregnant. Given it's been mentioned he could make his debut it's probably not him, but hopefully all is well with mother and baby.

Think this picture is very cute.
    I think Michal needs to concentrate on shedding that beer gut
  • Options

SDAddick said:

On the subject of players missing out for personal reasons, Micahl Zyro's SO is pregnant. Given it's been mentioned he could make his debut it's probably not him, but hopefully all is well with mother and baby.

For all those who complain that this is a pub league, I think it's about time we signed a proper fat lad (I am technically unattached Karl...)
  • Options
    Are we predicting who will be missing?

I'm guessing Kashi
  • Options
    Ben18 said:

Are we predicting who will be missing?

I'm guessing Kashi

Amos
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

I'll try not to or post on here whilst under the influence :wink: .
    Saves the morning after the night before.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

For some reason I’ve got a good feeling about this chap. Raring to play and managed to squeeze a reference to our past into a short interview.

Don’t let me down Mickey love
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

For all those who complain that this is a pub league, I think it's about time we signed a proper fat lad (I am technically unattached Karl...)
    Work Permit might be an issue if you've not played enough times for the United States?
  • Options

SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

Work Permit might be an issue if you've not played enough times for the United States?
    Good point!!! THAT'S why my phone hasn't been ringing.
  • Options
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5a8d490f9fd1d/from-the-treatment-room-injury-updates-on-patrick-bauer-tariqe-fosu-dillon-phillips-and-stephy-mavididi

Bauer and Fosu likely to return but Pearce takes out Phillips. Stephy still four weeks away from resuming training.
  • Options
    So, no reserve 'keeper for Saturday & will have to throw in some youngster - just hope nothing happens to Amos !!

Mavvy out for another month & then will need a week or two of training I would imagine, so may be back for Easter.

Great.
  • Options

So, no reserve 'keeper for Saturday & will have to throw in some youngster - just hope nothing happens to Amos !!

Mavvy out for another month & then will need a week or two of training I would imagine, so may be back for Easter.

Great.

I wonder what Steve Brown is up to on Saturday?
  • Options
    if were lucky mavididi will be back in time for the final 6 games.
  • Options
    Who's our 3rd choice keeper, Maynard-Brewer? A big day for him on Saturday!
  • Options
    Once Magennis has scored on Saturday, we could always put him in goal if anything happens to Amos, that way he would've scored and kept a clean sheet all in the same game! :smiley:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sage said:

Once Magennis has scored on Saturday, we could always put him in goal if anything happens to Amos, that way he would've scored and kept a clean sheet all in the same game! :smiley:

This is Charlton
    We don't do clean sheets
  • Options

Sage said:

This is Charlton
    We don't do clean sheets
    Just you wait @paulie8290 we might just surprise you :wink:
  • Options
    Least it wasn't Phillips injuring Pearce.
  • Options
    Glad Bauer is fit, think he's our best center back and after being out for so long I'm not sure if Pearce is ready for 90 minutes.

But if he is, I think it's worth discussing dropping Solly.
  • Options
    Pearce has played seventy and ninety minutes in U23 games, so I think he is ready.
  • Options
    Get Pearce back ASAP - proper defender.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Glad Bauer is fit, think he's our best center back and after being out for so long I'm not sure if Pearce is ready for 90 minutes.

No chance
    Sols, Bauer, Pearce, Dasilva

Solid back 4
  • Options

SDAddick said:

No chance

Solid back 4
    Haven't been to as many as previous year due to location but still made 8 games and for me its Konsa Bauer Pearse Da Silva. That was back four at Fleetwood where its been the best we've played although Walsall was good also. I feel with Konsa in there it also gives us a bit more height when defending set pieces. Love Sols but for me that's the back four I would favour.
  • Options
    edited February 2018

SDAddick said:

No chance

Solid back 4
    Haven't been to as many as previous year due to location but still made 8 games and for me its Konsa Bauer Pearse Da Silva. That was back four at Fleetwood where its been the best we've played although Walsall was good also. I feel with Konsa in there it also gives us a bit more height when defending set pieces. Love Sols but for me that's the back four I would favour.
    Sarr actually played against Fleetwood but agree it was our best performance of the year. And yeah I think something is off with Solly and that he's been average to poor the last few games. He looks like he's running in slow motion at times. Konsa has been immense over the last couple months and Bauer is a fantastic steadying influence and reads the game really well.

Pearce's lack of pace and lack of ability on the ball concern me, for me Bauer is the far superior player not just because of his technical ability, but because he reads danger and snuffs it out before he needs to throw in a last ditch tackle or header in his own box. But with Solly playing the way he is I'd rather Konsa at right back.
  • Options
    Konsa has the odd good game, but he still does not take responsibility often enough, and when playing full back passes inside way too often. He also doesn't get up to support the winger enough, and cannot cross.

He needs to improve a lot if he is to replace Solly regularly at right back IMO.