Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

COPA90 to make film about Charlton's ownership crisis

Evening all.

COPA90 tweeted today that they will be making a film about Charlton's ownership situation, now that Roland is selling. For those who don't know, they are a huge online football network, with over 1.4 million subscribers on YouTube, who make all kinds of films and videos about anything and everything to do with football.

To give you an idea about the magnitude of this, their films and documentaries normally accumulate between 100k to over 1 million views on YouTube, so this is great news and gives us an opportunity to put our story on a worldwide scale to potentially hundreds of thousands of football fans all over the globe (It could potentially even open eyes to potential buyers if the takeover falls through! You never know..)

I have spoken a little bit more about it in today's video, so check it out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZWK3-k_buE

Comments

• Options
    Straight to DVD I expect...
  • Options
    Haven’t a few films already been made about this? The Guardian did one I think. As interesting as this is, they are a bit late to this particular story. If other fans aren’t already aware then I don’t think they’re bothered and why would they be at this point. I’m bored with it just like I’m bored hearing about Blackpool and Coventry. We are all at the whim of crap owners and football governing bodies that don’t give a shit. Can’t see it fundamentally changing just hope we get lucky.
  • Options
    Nug said:

Haven’t a few films already been made about this? The Guardian did one I think. As interesting as this is, they are a bit late to this particular story. If other fans aren’t already aware then I don’t think they’re bothered and why would they be at this point. I’m bored with it just like I’m bored hearing about Blackpool and Coventry. We are all at the whim of crap owners and football governing bodies that don’t give a shit. Can’t see it fundamentally changing just hope we get lucky.

The Guardian one was indeed very good, but no harm pumping the message out there on further platforms to an international audience. Don't get me wrong, I know what you're saying, and they are quite late to the party, but another hundred thousand views or so can certainly do no harm, and they are excellent filmmakers.

Things are changing, even though we're not quite sure exactly how or when. I think that's why they decided to green light the film now, because it'll be something more than the last one. Depending on when they release the film, I reckon it'll either serve as a bit of a memoir for when Roland sold up, or if he still hasn't sold, it'll still raise huge awareness/remind people about the situation.