Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chris Powell to Southend? (Confirmed P4)

Comments

• Options
    Dont forget though, the squad Parkinson had was threadbare (even that season) and never has the opportunity to sign a goalscorer like BWP... So Parky had gotten us into a damn good position and shouldnt have been sacked

In turn Powell came in and did a good job yet was hamstrung by the quality of player at Charlton at the time so no surprise we fell away - Southend on the other hand have strong Premier League experience within their ranks so dont see him having the same sort of nose dive
  • Options

We won the first four games under Powell in 2011 - however, we hadn't been doing that badly under Parkinson, despite the stumbles over the Christmas period, whereas Southend had been pretty poor prior to his arrival. I'd say his results at Southend are more of an achievement.

At risk of steering the thread off course as much as I love Powell sacking Parkinson for was was harsh.

I'm pleased he has gone on to have success elsewhere. Actually I had Bolton for the draw yesterday and they were only team to let me down for 400 nicker second rate manager Ha.
  • Options
    I'd take Parky back as well as Powell.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

supaclive said:

Don't forget, even though Parky did miracles with the squad we had, he "had to go", "had no plan B", and "is one of the worst managers we've ever had".

All comments posted on here by alleged football spectators.

No, the season we lost in the play offs - he should have been sacked. The players and wagebill we had that season was way too good for that division.

Leeds, Norwich, Southampton, Huddersfield, Brighton, Millwall.

The Leeds team that beat Bristol Rovers on the final day included: Bradley Johnson, Jermaine Beckford, Lucciano Becchio, Johnny Howson, Robert Snodgrass, Max gradel

Norwich had: Chris Martin, Wes Hoolahan, Simon Lappin, Fraser Forster, Darel Russell

Huddersfield had: Lee Peltier, Gary Roberts, Lee Novak, Jordan Rhodes, Danny Drinkwater, Anthony Pilkington

Southampton had: Jason Puncheon, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Dean Hammond, Michail Antonio, Adam Lallana, Ricky Lambert

The Charlton team on the final day:
    Darren Randolph
    Frazer Richardson
    Migel Llera
    Jose Semedo
    Christian Dailly
    Gary Borrowdale
    Nicky Bailey
    Thierry Racon
    Lloyd Sam
    Dean Burton
    David Mooney.

It doesn't even compare.

Supaclive, I might go as far as to say that you've posted the most unreasonable comment I've ever seen on CharltonLife. Talk about unreasonable expectations.

Great post. Norwich also had Grant Holt of course. We did amazingly considering we spent most of the season without a goalscorer.
  • Options

supaclive said:

Don't forget, even though Parky did miracles with the squad we had, he "had to go", "had no plan B", and "is one of the worst managers we've ever had".

No, the season we lost in the play offs - he should have been sacked. The players and wagebill we had that season was way too good for that division.

The Leeds team that beat Bristol Rovers on the final day included: Bradley Johnson, Jermaine Beckford, Lucciano Becchio, Johnny Howson, Robert Snodgrass, Max gradel

Norwich had: Chris Martin, Wes Hoolahan, Simon Lappin, Fraser Forster, Darel Russell

Huddersfield had: Lee Peltier, Gary Roberts, Lee Novak, Jordan Rhodes, Danny Drinkwater, Anthony Pilkington

Southampton had: Jason Puncheon, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Dean Hammond, Michail Antonio, Adam Lallana, Ricky Lambert

Darren Randolph
    Frazer Richardson
    Migel Llera
    Jose Semedo
    Christian Dailly
    Gary Borrowdale
    Nicky Bailey
    Thierry Racon
    Lloyd Sam
    Dean Burton
    David Mooney.

It doesn't even compare.

Supaclive, I might go as far as to say that you've posted the most unreasonable comment I've ever seen on CharltonLife. Talk about unreasonable expectations.

Great post. Norwich also had Grant Holt of course. We did amazingly considering we spent most of the season without a goalscorer.
    Quite amazing to look back at the quality of player in League One that season. Also illustrates how poor a division it is this year.
  • Options

supaclive said:

Darren Randolph
    Frazer Richardson
    Migel Llera
    Jose Semedo
    Christian Dailly
    Gary Borrowdale
    Nicky Bailey
    Thierry Racon
    Lloyd Sam
    Dean Burton
    David Mooney.

It doesn't even compare.

Quite amazing to look back at the quality of player in League One that season. Also illustrates how poor a division it is this year.
    Let's see where those players are in 6-8 years before making that judgement shall we?
  • Options
    The wage bill that Parkinson had the season he was sacked was a joke

We'd sold Jonjo Shelvey that Summer and struggled to get Bally Smart in on Non-Contract Terms (You'd expect that sort of Contract in the Non-League, not at League One level) so he could play against Shrewsbury in the League Cup
  • Options

The wage bill that Parkinson had the season he was sacked was a joke

We'd sold Jonjo Shelvey that Summer and struggled to get Bally Smart in on Non-Contract Terms (You'd expect that sort of Contract in the Non-League, not at League One level) so he could play against Shrewsbury in the League Cup

Parkinson's squad was very poor and when CP took over he couldn't do much with it. Difficult times.....
  • Options
    Sir Chris Powell will be coming back home soon.
  • Options
    Nadou said:

Great to see that Damian Matthew has joined up with Chris Powell again at SUFC. Two top guys.

I spoke to Damian at the U23 game against Bristol City and asked him if this would happen, he was in a grinning 'maybe' mood, and anyway I wished him all the best.
    Two top guys is absolutely right.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Only just realised his old mate Alex Dyer is up here at Kilmarnock, assisting Steve Clarke. And they are flying.
  • Options

Only just realised his old mate Alex Dyer is up here at Kilmarnock, assisting Steve Clarke. And they are flying.

Is very popular there. He and Steve Clark have Killie very organised and are doing fantastically well with very limited resources.
  • Options
    I would much much rather he was with us, but hope Powelly and co do really well wherever they are.
  • Options
    Losing 2 - 0 at home to Warsaw

Powell Out
  • Options

Powell Out

Excellent news. Hope they panic and sack him. Will be a vacancy here soon that he can fill.
  • Options
    Honeymoon over for Chris.
  • Options
    Scunthorpe losing 1-0 at home
  • Options
    Oztumer gets his hattrick for Walsall

Too small
  • Options
    NugNug
    edited March 2018

Powell Out

Crap manager and been found out. Lucky to get promoted with us.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Hat Trick for ex Addick Oztumer against Charlton Legend CP.