Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Phil Neville England Women's new coach

Comments

• Options
    I'm sure Phil is working on bringing in the bestest female goalkeeping coach that money employ.
  • Options
    That second goal hahahaha
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Leuth said:

Oh yeah, England's goals were nicely taken and clearly they played well for the most part. The two they conceded though were...I mean the second one. I can't even

As a supporter of woman's football since Charlton ladies were a top team and later when my daughter played I can honestly say that the two goals conceded by England were the worse I have seen. In mitigation, Chamberlain is a reserve keeper and had a mare. Houghton the CB captain was missing and Fara Williams who has had a great career is past her sell by date. After a superb performance against France, winning 4-1, when I saw the starting eleven against Germany I predicted a 2-0 defeat. Neville went for rotation of the squad and he learnt that can upset the organisation of the team. Despite the shambolic defending for the goals, England could have won it with more clinical finishing. Jodie Taylor Our best striker was only given 2 minutes. After Mark Sampson's shocking tactics in the Euro semi against Holland, Phil Neville must start with his best fit team against USA or else the old adage of learning more in defeat will be quoted.

• Options
    Yeah, Neville has shown already that he's got more of a clue than Sampson. Watching our tactics in the Euros was horrifying
  • Options
    But, but, but, Neville has not got any experience of women's football.
    how can he be better the Sampson was ?
  • Options
    the footage of goals can be found here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43273706
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    MrOneLung said:

But, but, but, Neville has not got any experience of women's football.
    how can he be better the Sampson was ?

Mark Sampson's overall record was good, but Neville with the help of the just retired Casey Stoney who won 130 England caps can convey a winning mentality with the extra fitness now required in the woman's game. Phil Neville will need to make sure he plays to our attacking strength and unlike Mark Sampson in the semi final of the Euro's and Conte's Chelsea team at Man city yesterday, who played such a sterile defensive performance that it was a no contest. Neville if he gets the selection right has more chance of silverware than Southgate who has one world class striker in Kane and many also rans. A big surprise that PN got the job but he can pass on his knowledge of how players should prepare for big games and perform to win tournaments.
  • Options
    "If your team is shit but still getting out of the group stages, better to dive in on that Romanian in the area than get embarrassed in the next round"

;)
  • Options
    I feel like you could be Pep Guardiola but in women’s football the ultimate way you’ll ever win anything is who’s keeper/defenders make the least errors.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That second goal of theirs is fantastic.......it really needs to have that circus music played over it for full effect......ba-ba-baddle-ada-ba-ba-bada
  • Options
    Completely against the spirit of everything I stand for but as an experiment I would like to see how women's football would work if the teams were allowed male goalkeepers
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Completely against the spirit of everything I stand for but as an experiment I would like to see how women's football would work if the teams were allowed male goalkeepers

I'm shocked that you of all people could think such a thing :smiley:
  • Options
    I guess that's unfair on those, like Hope Solo, who actually look like real goalkeepers. It is a widespread malaise, mind.
  • Options
    I’ll just leave this here......

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43326327
  • Options

I’ll just leave this here......

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43326327

That mix up reminded me of Dear old Les Berry and Tony Lange c 1983.

Feel for Bardsley. As female 'keepers go she's decent and made some good saves.
  • Options
    Yeah that wasn't the keeper's fault that time
  • Options
    ...unless she didn't call for it, in which case it's a little bit her fault
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Champeones, Champeones Ole Ole Ole!!!!!!

I thought Phil Neville was gonna be brilliant because he used to be an alright footballer?
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Seriously though it's the SheBelieves Cup. My dog is older than it. They are glorified friendly games. Fun ones because the sides competing are good, but nothing more.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Watching those highlights we did look totally outclassed by the US then. Maybe it was just the highlights but they looked a class above us sadly. Hopefully Neville will be able to piece together his favourite formation/style for the big tournaments.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Seriously though it's the SheBelieves Cup. My dog is older than it. They are glorified friendly games. Fun ones because the sides competing are good, but nothing more.

I think the USA have now qualified for the BecauseI'mWorthIt League.
  • Options

Watching those highlights we did look totally outclassed by the US then. Maybe it was just the highlights but they looked a class above us sadly. Hopefully Neville will be able to piece together his favourite formation/style for the big tournaments.

I watched the first half and for 30 minutes we were the better side. Then we let them play just like Charlton.

Think Charlton v Bradford ....
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

I watched the first half and for 30 minutes we were the better side. Then we let them play just like Charlton.

If we're comparing them to Charlton that isn't a good sign...
  • Options

SDAddick said:

I think the USA have now qualified for the BecauseI'mWorthIt League.
    And I think England will do quite well in the #NotPerfectButStillQuiteGoodKeepYourChinUp Cup.
  • Options

LenGlover said:

If we're comparing them to Charlton that isn't a good sign...
    Unlike Charlton I looked on it as quite positive. USA have always been in the top 2 or 3 of women's football and we competed with them well for a third of the match in Phil Neville's first tournament after all the nonsense and upheaval surrounding Sampson and his departure.

I'm optimistic as to England's future prospects.
  • Options
    We are number 3 in the world...
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Another poor goal to concede. Bardsley is a decent keeper but she should be yelling at the defender to leave the ball. 3 OG in this tournament and one in the World cup semi against Japan. 3rd in the world but still need to work hard to play their best football late in a tournament. Lucy Bronze our best player had a shaky game against the USA, always feel she should play midfield and not full back.
  • Options
    England playing Wales in a World Cup Qualifier on BBC2

Wales had a goal disallowed that I think was over the line

England started the match 1/40
  • Options
    The Welsh keeper was superb.
    Wales parked two buses and got the draw.