Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ricky to go? (Pg17 Gone)

Comments

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

"London News Online states that Holmes is now eyeing an exit with Charlton well adrift of the League One play-off places."

Like 1 point adrift.

Or are they being clairvoyant for April?

#FAKENEWS
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

"London News Online states that Holmes is now eyeing an exit with Charlton well adrift of the League One play-off places."

Like 1 point adrift.

Or are they being clairvoyant for April?

More clickbait. No substance & mention Leeds as being interested in the summer. No new news

crock of shit article.
  • Options
    I've heard Barcelona are interested....
  • Options
    Cant imagine there is much substance to it tbh.

Even if they were interested, I think the lure of working with Wilder again would be to much of an incentive.
  • Options

I'm so sick of everything Charlton at the moment that i just couldn't care less, stay or go we will be in league 1 next season

This.

Although I don't think he's irreplaceable (for a normal club) and wouldn't be betting on him to do much in the Championship. JBG for example had similar production in the Champ for us compared to Ricky in League 1... And for me JBG for me is twice the player.

Against flawed League 1 defenders Holmes can frighten them and earn chances by running at them, but he doesn't bring others into the game enough to be effective at a higher level, (just my opinion). Week in week out I feel like I watch Holmes get gradually sussed out, as good as he is for us.

He can dribble, cross and shoot - which is more than most League 1 wingers... but in other circumstances getting a decent fee for him at 30 years old wouldn't be awful.
    If JBG was quicker i think he would be playing for a high end European side, his range of passing, vision and set piece abilities is something we haven't had since our Premier league days
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Only decent player at the club. Country mile above the rest and would hack it in the Championship when not surrounded by dross.
  • Options
    Holmes going sheff utd Carruthers coming in plus £250.000.grand.done deal.lewington to sign aswell.he didn't want the be here so fuck him off.
  • Options
    masicat said:

Only decent player at the club. Country mile above the rest and would hack it in the Championship when not surrounded by dross.

This is such utter nonsense
  • Options
    Different class. Just being dragged down ...
  • Options
    Of course he'd want to leave. Any player with ambition and confidence in being at least good enough for 3rd division football should be seriously considering their options.
    There's no loyalty in football and RD's man management policies plumb the deepest depths. The players know this and are responding accordingly, roly's reaping what he's sown. The die for this season is cast, only the viscosity of the shit teams below us can slow the slide down the division. For the players "anywhere but here" has to be better.
    The septicgenarian has always had a monetary value attached to every "asset", he'll take every offer that meets his expectations, cos now he's conducting a fire sale. The risible old berk has no capacity to understand that those departures further depreciate the one big "asset" he's supposedly looking to divest.
    Who would want to stick around? If RH can sort himself out smthn less dispiriting he'll be away - and good luck to him.
  • Options
    Holmes was good at the start of the season before he had a suspected broken foot which turned out to be severe bruising. He's not played well since.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Holmes was good at the start of the season before he had a suspected broken foot which turned out to be severe bruising. He's not played well since.

He is susceptible to foot injuries it seems. Twice when he was at Barnet, a chunk of last season and part of this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ricky_Holmes
  • Options
    If he doesn’t want to be here, then let him go, as far as I’m concerned.
  • Options
    We’ve not delivered on any of the promises we probably made to him when he signed the new deal I imagine

He’s gone of the boil a bit recently, but so has the whole team. He’s been by far an away a great player for us, not only his goals and skill but he puts a shift in. Personally I think he has every right to want to leave. Based on where we are and where we look like we’re going (without a takeover), why would he want to stay

At his age he has one last shot at a higher level. Why would he stay on the rotting ship Duchâtelet.....he’s always tried his best in what has been an unstable environment. I wish him well if he leaves and thank him for his contribution. He’s been a ray of light in a dark, dark tunnel
  • Options
    I wonder if he really wanted to go at the start of the season when they were sniffing around.

May have thought they'd struggle and with the thought of us pushing for promotion and being down south that staying put would be best, gets his championship football at charlton next season on his new contract, doesn't need to up sticks and move again etc rather than the one season in an area he doesn't really want to be in, tied to a contract at the end of his playing days.

Now it's January, he hasn't been on his game for a while and with sheff united doing well..... Well.....yeah.
  • Options
    Sorry a very interesting video of Ricky today, his xmas day training video he had to send into KR, running around Southend Uniteds car park in xmas pants saying he had been chucked off the pitch.
    Assume he lives close by.
  • Options
    Not concerned that he might leave. His head hasn't been right for months and he's a shadow of last year's player IMO.

Concerned that he won't be adequately replaced.
  • Options
    Had me worried ? I thought you meant Rick Everitt was going.
  • Options
    The fella is on the verge of becoming "Proper Charlton", there is no way he is going anywhere.
  • Options

The fella is on the verge of becoming "Proper Charlton", there is no way he is going anywhere.

Like Yann Kermorgant was "Proper Charlton?"
  • Options
    Heard we've had a big accepted by billericay for Jermaine Pennant and Jamie O Hara. A deal that katrien sorted just before she left.only 6 million what a deal