Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

KM lands new job with English football club (ed. Chef Wendy)

Comments

• Options
    LouisMend said:

What Wednesday need to ease the blow of the impending shyte years ahead is a nice sofa to watch it on!

Without wanting to take away from the many successes KM brought to the club, I believe that the sofa was Tone's idea. At least, that is what he told me when I first met him. This was before sofa was installed and he spoke with a lot of enthusiasm about it being a great way to engage with the fans. I suggested that Charlton may not be the sort of club that would embrace such an innovative concept but he was convinced. History has proved that he was right and I was wrong. In the end, fans embraced the sofa with a great deal of enthusiasm and passion.
    When the history of the protests is written the despicable human being who first attacked the sofa will go down in infamy.
    I always wondered what happened to the metal springs and wooden frame of that sofa, all that was left as far as I could see, was a load of old fluff.
    It looks like the sofa got shoved up the back passage.
  • Options

LouisMend said:

What Wednesday need to ease the blow of the impending shyte years ahead is a nice sofa to watch it on!

Without wanting to take away from the many successes KM brought to the club, I believe that the sofa was Tone's idea. At least, that is what he told me when I first met him. This was before sofa was installed and he spoke with a lot of enthusiasm about it being a great way to engage with the fans. I suggested that Charlton may not be the sort of club that would embrace such an innovative concept but he was convinced. History has proved that he was right and I was wrong. In the end, fans embraced the sofa with a great deal of enthusiasm and passion.
    When the history of the protests is written the despicable human being who first attacked the sofa will go down in infamy.
    I always wondered what happened to the metal springs and wooden frame of that sofa, all that was left as far as I could see, was a load of old fluff.
    Sideways?
  • Options

LouisMend said:

Don't make jokes about back passages. You'll trigger Paulie's PTSD.
  • Options
    Stick it in the museum - absolutely!
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    I for one miss the sofa :wink:

Added the smiley this time @RedChaser
  • Options
    No the best sofa related, item was the video of the two guys on the pitch after the game with Henry hoovers, cleaning the pitch ! Anybody got access to that ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    @Stig ... do your thing!

• Options

Scoham said:

I can’t see Wednesday getting relegated and even the harshest of Katriens detractors can’t really blame her for their league form. It’s funny though I must admit.

Wasn't she involved in choosing their manager?
    It genuinely scares me if she has any say whatsoever in footballing matters , she knows less than 99% of all Wednesday fans about footy the other 1% are under 2 years old

...but to be fair everybody knows less about football than Wednesday fans.
  • Options
    3blokes said:

“Attacked” is such a harsh word. I think “overzealous stroking of a treasured artefact” would be fairer. And let’s face it, we’ve all been there. :wink:
    It was self-defence.
  • Options
    This would have been far better than the poxy sofa!
  • Options
    Still reckon she was misunderstood
  • Options
    Has she nipped off to Dubai yet Londonowl?
  • Options

Bit early yet, it was mid-April before, just a few weeks before the end of the season.
  • Options

She's only planning to go when they are in proper relegation trouble.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Meire cannot be blamed for their current run.

What will be interesting is who the next manager is.
  • Options

Meire cannot be blamed for their current run.

What will be interesting is who the next manager is.

Lol
  • Options
    Such a shame none of the teams below them are putting a run together
  • Options
    Do you think she's been at SW for long enough to apply instead for CEO at the London FA?
    https://londonfa.com/about/vacancies/ceo-2018
  • Options
    Where is @operationpig when you need him...
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    She will already be looking for her next job but she will want something more high profile than the London FA. No disrespect to them by the way