Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Squad to report for training at 7am tomorrow (post Southend)

Comments

• Options

I heard a story from the son of a Charlton coach in the 60s.

After a poor performance he brought them into the Valley and then after training and when they had changed back in to their street clothes he made them walk round the Valley pitch chanting "we are cunts".

Not that this has anything to do with anything but I thought it was funny.

They must all knock about in Woolwich town centre these days!
  • Options
    Anyone know if we trained yesterday or were they all giving the day at home?

Saw that Dean Kiely did a 4hr drive back from training with Preston yesterday, and he’s just the goalie coach. Preston got a draw away today.
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:

Anyone know if we trained yesterday or were they all giving the day at home?

Saw that Dean Kiely did a 4hr drive back from training with Preston yesterday, and he’s just the goalie coach. Preston got a draw away today.

Think I read somewhere he does not believe in bringing in players on Christmas Day. Instead they had a fitness plan to do at home !
    And that's all because Robinson's missus won't let him out on Christmas day...fact.
  • Options
    Out of interest what is a normal start / finish time for training during the week these days anyway ? I infer they get fed and watered when they rock up too.
  • Options
    Blame the workers for the owners crap. We've seen this before.
    They're only as good as the culture they're put in.
    We'll lose more than we'll win unless we get better players, managers, coaches and crucially owners
    If I was a player in this I'd tell him to shove it. The manager is clutching at straws.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

SDAddick said:

That's all well and good and makes a good headline but is it smart to do physical training 18 hours after a match? Hopefully this will be tactical review/prep with video footage.

According to the interview they’ll be watching a video of the match at 7:15
    That’s amazing. They deserve it. I’d sooner poke my own eyes out than watch that shower again. It was made worse by having to sit in the home end, where I had to listen to their fans justifiably mock our ineptitude.
  • Options
    He's such a Brent.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Says it all.
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

7-715 is for bacon sandwiches, nail salon and hairdressing.....

Reeves don't need 15 minutes for his barnet.
  • Options

SDAddick said:

That's all well and good and makes a good headline but is it smart to do physical training 18 hours after a match? Hopefully this will be tactical review/prep with video footage.

Telettubies..?
  • Options
    edited December 2017

SDAddick said:

Telettubies..?
    Laa laa land, if you think Roland is going to help Gobinson in the transfer window.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Upanatem
  • Options

Fumbluff said:

7-715 is for bacon sandwiches, nail salon and hairdressing.....

Reeves don't need 15 minutes for his barnet.
    Ricky does.

• Options
    Apparently, Gobby will be singing morale boosting folk songs and playing guitar...
  • Options
    The players are particularly looking forward to 'I'm leaving on a jet plane'.
  • Options
    Perhaps they are coming in early for one of Sam Alladyce’s sessions....
  • Options

Perhaps they are coming in early for one of Sam Alladyce’s sessions....

• Options

cafctom said:

Still trying to figure out how exactly this contributes to turning anything around....

It doesn't.
    Not true adds to breakfast radio audience figures
  • Options
    Well, we know that we need strengthening. We also need Fosu back in that side. We are still well placed for the Play-Offs if those things happen, but I'm not holding my breath.