Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Southend vs Charlton: Post match views

Comments

• Options

I hang this severe drop in performance on KR more than RD.

KR got almost every player he asked for in the offseason. This is HIS bunch and he has been left alone by our awful owner to do his thing more than any manager since he bought this club.

RD out is always what we want, but this performance lately is mostly on KR.

THIS.

Btw. Just seen the goals again from the previous post - notice that our goal came from a big punt upfield from Lennon. No tippy tappy football needed. So stick that in your pipe Robinson & not only light it but take notice you plum !!
  • Options

Was at the game & so here's my thoughts.

I'm hoping that at 7am tomorrow morning Robinson is nowhere near the training ground but is half way up the M6 with his bags packed & in the car with him. He is a busted flush & if he's got a FIFA coaching badge then they must be easier to get than a gun in the USA. The guy doesn't know what Plan B is if he bumped into him in the street. If you ain't got the players then don't play the system. Play to your strengths (whatever they may be) We have no width so don't play it wide. Stick 2 up front & get the ball there as quickly as you can. As for the game itself...........

Can only think the players thought it was a 2 o'clock kick-off 'cause they sure weren't on the pitch before then. Shambolic 1st half but what do you expect with a back 4 whose average age is less than 21 - can't really blame Dijikstel as RB isn't his position & been thrown into the deep in without a rubber ring or a lifejacket. No leadership & midfield not helping by keep giving them the ball & expecting them to pass it out. Only players to come out with any credit were Holmes (MOTM) Reeves (and I'm his biggest critic) & again Da Silva. KAG ok & Lennon did well for his 45 mins. Magennis useless for 70 mins but then actually got his head to a few balls & chested a couple down but by then it was too late.

I said on a previous thread ( before the Pompey game ?) that we were playing poorly & that a defeat in that game could mean them catching us & seeing us "sliding down the league" Someone scoffed at me & although I'm known as a bit of a doom & gloom merchant I am sorry to say that I was proved right. We will not improve until Roland goes (of course) but before that Robinson does the decent thing & leaves forthwith. Yes, we've had lots of injuries to key players but its not the defeats that are hurting but the manner of the defeats. The players have no idea, no cohesion & every game are on the backfoot from the start. We need someone with a bit of nouse, who can change formations & not afraid of doing the simple things. Robinson wouldn't know tactics even if someone gave him a box of tictacs & told him to rearrange the words.

If Robinson goes now we really will be like a ship without a rudder. I'm no fan but the problem is these owners and until they go it will be the same whoever is in charge. We are in a right old mess.
  • Options

KR got almost every player he asked for in the offseason. This is HIS bunch and he has been left alone by our awful owner to do his thing more than any manager since he bought this club.

THIS.

Btw. Just seen the goals again from the previous post - notice that our goal came from a big punt upfield from Lennon. No tippy tappy football needed. So stick that in your pipe Robinson & not only light it but take notice you plum !!
    It came from two excellent layoffs from Magennis, a mazy run from Holmes and a tidy finish from Reeves, all after that punt. If you think the punt was the reason for the goal, I don't know what to say to you
  • Options
    That was my first Boxing Day away match for years.
    We weren’t even a close 2nd. Awful 1st half would be an understatement,2nd half we managed to raise our game to awful.
    They ( the players), almost managed to applaud us mugs at our end but it looked like they couldn’t remember what to do, had no enthusiasm for it or more likely were to embarrassed to walk up to our end, so just stood there with a halfhearted effort.
    It’s true we are missing key players, lots of them, most teams in this league would struggle with the amount of injuries we have but most teams are not the size of our club. We should be higher up the tree than 9th in the third division. Once again our season has finished early.
    I don’t solely blame Robinson, (but he must take some of the flak), it’s obvious the club lacks funding and leadership from top to bottom.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

THIS.

It came from two excellent layoffs from Magennis, a mazy run from Holmes and a tidy finish from Reeves, all after that punt. If you think the punt was the reason for the goal, I don't know what to say to you
    Have you thought how it got to Magennis in the first place. I'm not decrying that it was good skill by Big Josh, Holmes, Mag again & then Reeves, but the reason it all happened was that it got to Magennis early when he wasn't marked, rather than the usual 25 passes it takes to get the ball to him.
  • Options
    Holmes receiving the ball in midfield happened quite often, usually not from a long punt. That just happened to be the one time he beat his man and got a good cross in
  • Options

don't think Robbo helped himself by appointing two rookies with no experience of coaching as first team coach and assistant manager. Appoint one or the other and have an old head alongside you to listen to and bounce off.

Maybe they were parachuted in , in an attempt to appease a fast dwindling fan base.
    Katriens/pitch's idea??
  • Options
    Honestly think Robinson has reached the end of the road . His pally pally approach with the players will never work . They need fucking rockets up their backsides . Karly it's time to go .
  • Options
    LouisMend said:

Hear the interview here

I get why some don't like Robinson, or call him Gobby because he talks too much ..... but half the time, I can't even make out what he's actually saying.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good to see some of you boys in sunny Southend today. Shame about the result.
  • Options
    I'm pleased he knows what it takes to get to the top of this league....relieved. Does himself no favours constantly saying shit like that.
  • Options
    If ever there was a time to have a day off ( apart from the one they had today) I'd suggest it's tomorrow. I'd have given them the biggest bollo**ing ever and sent them away to come in on Thursday morning saying why they ought to play in the team and why they played so sh*t. They need to clear the air. In addition, Robinson and his assistants ought to take time out to reflect and come up with something new. What is he going to do differently in just 10 hours time? Mind you give him 10 days and he'd still be devoid of any fresh ideas. In all honesty the bloke should go. He clearly isn't going to accept any responsibility for his part in this on going disaster that set in well before the injuries.
  • Options
    Sad days, at the game and it's mostly already been said but make no mistake Southend were miles better in just about every department.

Hopeless in first half we simply cannot defend aerial balls into our box' better when Lennon came on in the second.

As I have said before we can't defend high balls into box but we also don't double up to stop the crosses, that to me is down to piss poor coaching.

To be fair our keeper doesn't help doesn't know when to come or when to stay.

I know we are missing players through injury but I am getting truely pissed off with the lack of commitment, bravery and ability of our players and what appears to be a complete lack of planning and organisation from our manager.

Roland out and take the scoucer with you.
  • Options
    Nug said:

I'm pleased he knows what it takes to get to the top of this league....relieved. Does himself no favours constantly saying shit like that.

I know right, like it's a big mystery....win some fucking games you northern toad
  • Options
    I know he knows what it takes to get to the top of this league but we don't have Alliance, Grigg and Afobe!
  • Options
    Er Alli!
  • Options
    uie2 said:

Discusting! That piss-up at Newcastle sums us up!

Robinson is not a strong enough person to bollocks the players coz he's to matey with them all! We need a Warnock type manager
    I think there’s a lot to this. You see it in US Sports, players coaches. Trying to be their buddies as a way to get them motivated. Can work, but has a very limited shelf life, as the players start realizing they can get away with just about anything. It really needs very strong characters on the playing staff to keep everyone in line.
  • Options
    Three goals conceded in 2 games from simply failing to properly clear high balls in the box. Missing both Bauer and Pearce, particularly Bauer, has certainly reduced the defensive solidity we had during that good run a few weeks back. The back 4 looks horribly disorganized all of a sudden too. Hardly surprising when you look at how young it is - Sarr is the elder statesman at 24 - the average age is just 21.

JFC and Kashi was the partnership that was at the core of everything good we were doing earlier in the season. No surprise our dip in form has largely coincided with that pair being broken up.

The forwards have looked a bit off form for a while and Fosu’s pace and trickery have been badly missed, but it’s not been helpful that only Big Josh has been able to stay consistently fit forcing too many team changes.

We’re in a bad rut right now, and yes there could have been a bit more done in the summer transfer market, but I genuinely can’t remember an injury crisis like the one we’re suffering right now. I’m afraid these results are pretty much inevitable with so many out.
  • Options

don't think Robbo helped himself by appointing two rookies with no experience of coaching as first team coach and assistant manager. Appoint one or the other and have an old head alongside you to listen to and bounce off.

Robinson has over 400 games under his belt as a manager. That should be more than enough games for him to have developed a plan b. MK Dons always said the same thing about him and he doesn't seem to have learned much in that respect at all.
    Oh I agree but if you have two coaches alongside you cutting their teeth and learning from you then they are less likely to disagree with you and suggest alternative ideas and tactics than someone who has been round the block, seen it, done it, got the teashirt.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2017
    sammy391 said:
    We haven't heard that before.

WADR, how do you now he got every player he asked for? Just asking.

I agree that KR needs to shoulder some of the blame whatever the circumstances, because we are just too predictable.
    But you don't win matches with a back four with an average age of 20 and no proper right back.

We urgently need to come up with a plan for Wigan. Problem is, which players will be available?

I'd play three at the back - Bauer (if fit) Lennon and Sarr. This at least may help deal with the aerial threat. Konsa at right wing-back if Solly out. Dasilva (thank god he has stayed fit!) at left wing-back.
    Sarr needs to be more physical and should attack the ball when defending corners. He tends to be a bit flimsy for a big man.

Not sure who's fit but maybe Dijksteel in the Kashi role?

Worth keeping Magennis for defending corners and free kicks, but played out wide if poss.
    Best in the middle if fit, or KAG, whose pace might pose a bit of a threat. We can always pump long balls out of defense to Mag - he tends to win more headers when marked by a full back.

Other than that... god knows.

• Options
    I wasn't at the match and was sitting in a pub, not drinking as I was driving, with the Lass’s Spurs loving family who took great enjoyment in relaying the scores from Southend and Wembley as the goals went in.

Oh what fun !
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Once again the opposition score from a free kick out wide. Seems like we get done by this every game now.
  • Options

Shambles, didnt look like we wanted it at all in the first half. Sloppy defending and didnt get anything going, too many people playing out of position and no leadership at the back.

Bad day at the office, but also looks like the players didnt really want it which is the most frustrating. We need to learn to press the ball off the ball as we just allows them to do as they please, example reeves who i like was slow to their player and left djksteel a few times and doesnt look like neither can tackle.

Sad times only 2nd time i have been this season , the other fleetwood and proper jekyl and hyde. We are on bad form and we need to find a different way because holmes looks our only threat.

Hate to single out Magdennis but he shouldn't be our main striker, too often doesnt even get up for headers and is lazy. Not a goalscorer either time to change formation?

I thought Lennon did well when he came one looked solid and shower some leadership/assurance at the back, which neither konsa or sarr showed today.

Back to the drawing board please, Southend were not that good even though we made them look alot better then us today.

• Options

On way back from Roots Hall...

Absolute shite. No one showed up for the first 30mins. Slow build up play, no imagination, predictable from set pieces and now we can’t defend.

All of them were shit but Magennis if f@@king useless.

Sounds like every game from the past 4 weeks.
  • Options

On way back from Roots Hall...

Absolute shite. No one showed up for the first 30mins. Slow build up play, no imagination, predictable from set pieces and now we can’t defend.

All of them were shit but Magennis if f@@king useless.

Sounds like almost every game from the past 4 seasons.
    Fixed that for you.
  • Options
    Watched Tranmere v FC Flyde, what a contrast to Charlton. Team played some great football, shots from all angles, committed players, fans were up for the game, great noise, seemed like a 'proper club'. God how different from our club, makes me despair. Sad times!.
    Just Fuck off Rowland NOW.
  • Options
    I don't know if we have played for 90 minutes this season. It feels like ar best we play for a half and the other half we are dire!
    Now we have added being unable to defend from set pieces to the already frail conceding from balls down past our full backs. This form is down to Robinson and his staff and he has to rectify it fairly quickly otherwise he might not be here in Jan to spend any money
  • Options

I don't know if we have played for 90 minutes this season. It feels like ar best we play for a half and the other half we are dire!
    Now we have added being unable to defend from set pieces to the already frail conceding from balls down past our full backs. This form is down to Robinson and his staff and he has to rectify it fairly quickly otherwise he might not be here in Jan to spend any money

Tbf they are quite young the coaching staff. They have potential but maybe an older experienced head ADDED to what's already there to compliment them might be an idea?