Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2018 PDC World Darts Championship

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    i'm not overly fond of gerwen in fact a lot of the top players anderson, mvg, taylor seem to throw a strop when they lose, last night was a bit shit for cross as he not only beat but slaughtered taylor, in the after match interview phil admitted he cant keep up so thats why hes retiring, which in a way i admire because he could of stayed on finishing semi finalist in comps etc, but he didn't want to be in it if he wasn't challenging which i think is good, his on stage antics do become a bit boring as do wright and the outfits. i think cross was lucky not to be knocked out by van der bergh and cross admitted it. had a strange feel to it this year the comp in whole. for the 1st time in a while i wasn't gutted i wasn't there as the crowds carry on has become ridiculous literally all with there backs to the action booing good players.
  • Options
    Sex offences?
  • Options
    edited January 2018

Sex offences?

£2000 fine for indecent assault back in 1999 got handsy with 2 23 year old fans apparently.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-42543/Darts-champion-fined-indecent-assaults.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/1203738.stm
  • Options

It was a shame Taylor lost 7-2 in his final match; I was hoping for 7-0.

Taylor is an arrogant individual, which he's entitled to be given how dominant he's been in the sport for over 25 years, but he's also a classless individual. Some of his antics on stage both during and especially after the game were just wrong, showing no respect to Cross. He is very much a "me, me, me" type of operator and has been for many years which is why I don't like him.

Van Gerwen also has an arrogant streak but (so far) has just about managed to stay on the right side of respectful. Gurney is another arrogant shit but doesn't have the runs on the board to back it up.

Cross was very dignified and humble during the presentation - if that had been me I'd have twatted Taylor over the head with the trophy and told him to Foxtrot Oscar: "I know it's your last match before retirement and all that but I've just given you a damn good thrashing so piss off and let me celebrate properly."

What’s the betting you also dislike Lewis Hamilton....Andy Murray......Mo Farah etc etc.
    Is there any connection between Taylor and Hamilton, Murray or Farah, other than they're all champions of their respective sporting discipline?

I don't have a problem with an element of arrogance - I'm the best, no-one can beat me unless I have an off day etc - if there's the talent and success to back it up.

What I do have a problem with is Taylor's attitude both on stage and in interviews towards fellow professionals.
    Just another Brit digging out a successful British world champion.......we are so good at it.
    You are clearly a classic iconoclastic British Sports fan......pure and simple.
    I don’t give a shyte if he is arrogant......that’s what many champions are and it’s often part of what makes them great.
    Try reading what I've written - I don't have a problem with his "I'm the greatest, you won't beat me" arrogance because he's got the trophies as evidence, it's the rest of his carrying on that I don't like.

Pure and simple ... :wink:
    I did read it......more than once in fact.
    You’re right......pure and simple!