Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

"Karl Robinson says he has spoken to Roland Duchatelet just once since the summer."

Comments

• Options
    Rich enough to subsidize 6 weeks wages for Best. As for judging a footballer whats that got to do with it? Hes just backing the manager surely?
  • Options
    Was always going to drop a clanger by law of averages at some point as he talks so much... :)
  • Options

Very interesting.

I had already been wondering if RM might have paid Best's wages to make the deal happen. I really don't see why he would be making the phone call otherwise.

But why?
    We were told ages ago we dont need the money by the CEO!!
    That would suggest to me that, he no longer wants to put money in but RM can see its required and therefore said he'd pay for Best or it wouldn't happen. Am I wrong?
  • Options
    Well RM might realise the importance of staying in touch with the leaders in L1

He's still a fan, and financially will be nearer to getting his money back if we get promoted this season!
  • Options
    edited December 2017

He's still a fan, and financially will be nearer to getting his money back if we get promoted this season!

Yep all £2m of it assuming the prospective new owners are happy to roll it over on the same basis or are they? Maybe he'll get paid out along with the other directors very shortly :open_mouth:
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Yep all £2m of it assuming the prospective new owners are happy to roll it over on the same basis or are they? Maybe he'll get paid out along with the other directors very shortly :open_mouth:
    It's not up to the new owners to decide rather the old directors get to say whether it is rolled over or not.
  • Options

RedChaser said:

It's not up to the new owners to decide rather the old directors get to say whether it is rolled over or not.
    Surely they can't refuse payment?

I always thought he was a wolves fan, dunno why.
  • Options

RedChaser said:

Oh I know how it works Henners, I'm assuming agreement might have been reached with the former Directors including RM for the £7m outstanding loans that they are cleared as part of the consideration figure for the club.
  • Options

RedChaser said:

can the old directors refuse to be paid off though?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I don't really think there is much to this at all.

It's not a chess game.

Karl just casually answered a question.

The only tactical thinking he has to about is the football.
  • Options

Or maybe RM has an even bigger incentive ;-)
  • Options
    edited December 2017

RedChaser said:

can the old directors refuse to be paid off though?
    We've had this question before and I'm still of the opinion that in equity no they can't if their debt is to be cleared. Could a building society or bank refuse you the right to clear a mortgage / loan? (Subject to payment of any outstanding interest / early repayment penalties of course).
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

It's not a chess game.

i dont see that at all.
  • Options
    HandG said:

If he only gave Best a one month contract, not a penny will be spent in January if he is still here.

Good on Karl for speaking out although it might get him into trouble...

That is my fear. If a takeover is not completed within the next month we are fooked. We desperately need more bodies, especially up front. If RD, KM etc are still here come January KR wont be getting ANY money to strengthen the squad & any dream we have of making the play-offs will be gone.

I don't know if this is KR's way of letting us know that or the fact he can't keep his mouth shut, but at least no-one can be in any doubt that RD doesn't care at all what happens to us.
  • Options

Very interesting.

I had already been wondering if RM might have paid Best's wages to make the deal happen. I really don't see why he would be making the phone call otherwise.

Is it just me? Does no one else find this, if true, really bizarre? Why would RM do that? Does RM have any expertise in judging the value of a footballer? Would he expect the money spent on the wages to be returned? Exactly how rich is he?
    I always thought that RM was a decent bloke but recent events have tainted my view - I hate to say that perhaps he's getting is ducks in a row, showing solidarity with KR and trying to get on the right side of whoever takes us over.
  • Options
    So if we arnt sold, we sell a young player in January and bring in a couple of cheap/free/loan players to bolster numbers. How exactly have things changed from previous mistakes?
  • Options

RedChaser said:

Surely they can't refuse payment?
    I doubt it but I meant the new owners can't decide to roll over the debt.

• Options
    T_C_E said:

So if we arnt sold, we sell a young player in January and bring in a couple of cheap/free/loan players to bolster numbers. How exactly have things changed from previous mistakes?

Look at the squad we've got now, the only thing that has been learnt is how to book a cheap flight to Dubai.

Although the dozy cow probably messed that up as well, no bother, claim it back as expenses.
  • Options
    T_C_E said:

IF we could get £5m for Konsa (which I doubt) and the full amount or majority was reinvested in the squad (which is being optimistic), personally I think that would boost our chances of promotion, without RD actually spending anything
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Very interesting.

Is it just me? Does no one else find this, if true, really bizarre? Why would RM do that? Does RM have any expertise in judging the value of a footballer? Would he expect the money spent on the wages to be returned? Exactly how rich is he?
    A lot richer than Phil Parkinson, who also paid for a loan out of his own pocket previously, IIRC.
    Gary Borrowdale back in 2010. Murray told Parky the well is dry, so he paid it instead.
  • Options

T_C_E said:

IF we could get £5m for Konsa (which I doubt) and the full amount or majority was reinvested in the squad (which is being optimistic), personally I think that would boost our chances of promotion, without RD actually spending anything
    Whatever next, don't you come on here K&F talking sense, there'll be a meltdown :wink:
  • Options

HandG said:

If he only gave Best a one month contract, not a penny will be spent in January if he is still here.

Good on Karl for speaking out although it might get him into trouble...

I don't know if this is KR's way of letting us know that or the fact he can't keep his mouth shut, but at least no-one can be in any doubt that RD doesn't care at all what happens to us.
    KR definitely can't keep it shut. However there does seem to be a change of tack. This comment together with the 'respecting boycotting fans' tends to suggest he is trying to get all fan factions on side.
  • Options

T_C_E said:

Or he could sell Konsa, get a couple of cheap/free/loan players in and sack a manager if he doesn't get promoted with the squad he has. Which is more likely?
  • Options
    I would say there is zero chance of RD using the full amount of any Konsa sale on bolstering the squad. Agree with TCE, we would just be scraping the bottom of the barrel once more.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

It's not a chess game.

Yep, and he decided on 4-2-3-1 forever about seven years ago. I wouldn't say his extensive answer about the minutiae of how we signed Best is a casual answer; have you ever heard him give so much detail on a signing like that?
  • Options

Very interesting.

Yeah me too
  • Options
    Is Murray still on the board? I know he resigned as non exec chairman due to health problems..