Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

If you needed any more reason to be annoyed at losing yesterday...

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2017
    We dodged a bullet by going out to Wimbledon on Sunday. Anybody who thinks a day out at Wembley with the team we’ve been putting out in recent games would be a happy and jolly jaunt clearly hasn’t been going to any matches of late. We’ve got the players to give a good account of themselves against spurs but they haven’t all been available and Charlton in recent games has been a third division team that’s struggled against other third division teams. Spurs are a top of the table PL team that gave Real Madrid a spanking on the Wembley pitch in the Champions League. It would have been good day out up until 1 minute after kick off. Anybody that doesn’t mind seeing their team get embarrassingly turned over should get a season ticket for West Ham.
  • Options

We dodged a bullet by going out to Wimbledon on Sunday. Anybody who thinks a day out at Wembley with the team we’ve been putting out in recent games would be a happy and jolly jaunt clearly hasn’t been going to any matches of late. We’ve got the players to give a good account of themselves against spurs but they haven’t all been available and Charlton in recent games has been a third division team that’s struggled against other third division teams. Spurs are a top of the table PL team that gave Real Madrid a spanking on the Wembley pitch in the Champions League. It would have been good day out up until 1 minute after kick off. Anybody that doesn’t mind seeing their team get embarrassingly turned over should get a season ticket for West Ham.

Nuclear armament on its way.
    Only a Charlton fan could say such bollox.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
  • Options
    edited December 2017

But surely IF we had won on Sunday we would have had a different numbered ball so would not have been playing Tottenham.

Aside from that, all these comments of not having a day out at Wembley in the FA Cup 3rd round is another sign of how far we have fallen.

No that's wrong - look at it another way, what if we had drawn on Sunday?

Same number, same ball, same tie
    I am neither right or wrong. I said if.
    Nah you're wrong. We would be the same ball number as Wimbledon if we had beat them.

1-44 are Prem/Champ teams in alphabetical order.
    45-64 are winnings teams from round 2 in the order that they were drawn out of the hat last.

For example,
    #62 Forest Green/Exeter were drawn against #42 West Brom

Wimbledon were #53 as our tie against them was tie number nine (of 20) to be drawn from the hat for round 2.
  • Options
    Yeah let's not try to get promoted, wouldn't want to see us lose to any of the promotion favourites. Much safer in League 1 knowing we can beat anyone on our day.
  • Options
    I am with @letthegoodtimesroll on this one. Sod being turned over by 5 or 6 in front of a half empty crowd at Wembley by a second string Spurs team and a bunch of smug Spurs fans. Would have ended up in a box with a client of mine most likely which I was the last time we got trounced by them in the cup. It wasn’t fun.
  • Options
    last 11 seasons, we have made it past the 3rd round twice, pretty appalling really especially when you look at opponents the squad depth is really starting to come into play now. maggennis is playing every minute of every game and needs a lot of chances to score.
  • Options

No, you’re right. Shame we didn’t beat Wimbledon and get the chance of playing spurs at Wembley. The team we’ve been putting out in recent matches would have torn spurs apart...
  • Options

No, you’re right. Shame we didn’t beat Wimbledon and get the chance of playing spurs at Wembley. The team we’ve been putting out in recent matches would have torn spurs apart...
    Aw gawd.
  • Options
    edited December 2017

I am with @letthegoodtimesroll on this one. Sod being turned over by 5 or 6 in front of a half empty crowd at Wembley by a second string Spurs team and a bunch of smug Spurs fans. Would have ended up in a box with a client of mine most likely which I was the last time we got trounced by them in the cup. It wasn’t fun.

I really do wonder about some of our 'fans'. When i told my colleague about some Charlton fans would rather not go to Wembley he just laughed with incredularity. I just shook my head and smiled.

ok, good luck then, you've got your way, you can go to The Valley v the mighty Oldham with a crowd of maybe 5 thousand - i'm sure you'll be much happier than being at Wembley with 50,000 in a box with your smarmy client drinking Gin and Tonic and having Prawn Sandwiches and possibly 10k Charlton.

This is getting more and more like a Monty Python sketch.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2017

Spurs would field a weakened team and our players would have a great experience. The fans would have a jolly up, and as a L1 team, i can easily tell a 'smug' Spurs fan to fuck off without too much pride dented.

Our support base deserves a day out like that.

No, i'm sorry, Wembley is just too good for us - i'd much rather go to Wimbledon away - i mean, thats a REAL football ground with REAL fans and a REAL atmosphere. Then i'll happily go back home to my 'ole int ground - aye, thats being a REAL football fan. (in my best Michael Palin accent).
  • Options

Spurs would field a weakened team and our players would have a great experience. The fans would have a jolly up, and as a L1 team, i can easily tell a 'smug' Spurs fan to fuck off without too much pride dented.

Sometimes, the experience is worth much more than the result. Our support base deserves a day out like that.

spot on!
  • Options
    How do MK Dons deserve this day out. No history that club.
  • Options
    It's not MK Dons.
  • Options
    I really will never understand the mindset of some fans, a trip to Wembley, the home of Football with our club.

In whatever form it comes it is a special once in a generation(if we are lucky) chance.

We would have had a great day out whatever the result as we would have nothing to lose as they should thrash us but as always with football, on the day anyone can beat anyone and we might have left with an amazing result.
  • Options
    Just look at Lincoln last year, and many other teams before them to hold and beat higher opposition.
    I know you are of the same feeling as me, Gretna, that some of our 'fans' really are weird.
    I am so disappointed and bemused/angry with the small minded views of some of our lot on here.
  • Options
    dizzee said:

How do MK Dons deserve this day out. No history that club.

MK Franchise have a trip to QPR not exactly a great day out lol
  • Options

But surely IF we had won on Sunday we would have had a different numbered ball so would not have been playing Tottenham.

Aside from that, all these comments of not having a day out at Wembley in the FA Cup 3rd round is another sign of how far we have fallen.

No that's wrong - look at it another way, what if we had drawn on Sunday?

Same number, same ball, same tie
    I am neither right or wrong. I said if.
    Nah you're wrong. We would be the same ball number as Wimbledon if we had beat them.

1-44 are Prem/Champ teams in alphabetical order.
    45-64 are winnings teams from round 2 in the order that they were drawn out of the hat last.

For example,
    #62 Forest Green/Exeter were drawn against #42 West Brom

Wimbledon were #53 as our tie against them was tie number nine (of 20) to be drawn from the hat for round 2.
    Fair do's.