Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lewis Smith Boxer

Comments

• Options
    Can’t wait to get the Charlton Life away days sorted for the boxing

Hey bob when he fights in the the Madison Square Garden or Vegas we will do a bit of Ringside To watch him win
  • Options

Hey bob when he fights in the the Madison Square Garden or Vegas we will do a bit of Ringside To watch him win

use your connections and hook him up on the undercard of Groves V Eubank. There's already a handful of us going to that
  • Options
    edited December 2017

No doubt about that, D.

Especially MSG - been there but not for boxing. For me it’s the most magical boxing venue for historical reasons so get your finger out, Lew, and climb those rankings.
  • Options
    Could someone give some info. as to who this guy is and why he's of interest to us?
  • Options

Could someone give some info. as to who this guy is and why he's of interest to us?

Massive charlton fan, recently turned pro. Won his first pro fight the other day.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

No doubt about that, D.

Especially MSG - been there but not for boxing. For me it’s the most magical boxing venue for historical reasons so get your finger out, Lew, and climb those rankings.
    Reckon we may need to help elevate him mate give him our backing and rallybthe Charlton lads to get out to his halls show he is a ticket seller and get him ranking point opponents

My dream is to go MSG to watch a Brit win a world title
  • Options

Lew is an addick who wore the club badge on his boxing kit , who jacko And Solly sent personal goidluck wishes to and the OS tweeted its support and good luck to

He also is a very nice fella who deserves the backing of all addicks but especially those with a passion for boxing

Carts

I’d love to one day have influence enough to put something like that together

One of my future ambitions and we have already started discussions is to follow the horse racing model and combine boxing with a music and make a whole day of the event cobcert in day time and a big fight in the evening

Watch this space
  • Options
    Carter said:

use your connections and hook him up on the undercard of Groves V Eubank. There's already a handful of us going to that
    That’s going to be great night of boxing
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

No doubt about that, D.

Great venue for boxing. Would be great to see Lewis there.

I’ve only ever been once.....but it was memorable.....Holyfield v Lewis (the other one :wink: ) dodgy draw.

Brits out in force again. I still remember the faces of the American ‘A List’ ringside celebs on the big screen getting greeted with a chorus of “Who are ya?”

Even better when Vinny Jones was spotted in his Z list seat miles back from the ring, directing the brits in a “Vinny, Vinny” chant. I think he was there as part of the Lock Stock promo tour.

Great night....moody result.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2017

I think he is next out in March mate where I am unsure ,

We need to help him on this journey there’s enough of us who love the boxing to help him in this way and have some good nights out along the way

Win win

Would be up for a trip! I am away around St.Paddys day but if I can squeeze a boxing trip into March i will!

Well done @LewSmith94 Be watching the highlights later!
  • Options

Carter said:

Who wins?

I've nailed my colours to the mast and can't see past a Groves win. Eubank looks the part physically but I think anyone who fights Groves needs to slow him down and disrupt him early on and put rounds in the bank. Not sure junior can do that or be slippery enough to avoid getting hurt by something vicious from Groves.

• Options
    Carter said:

Carter said:

Who wins?

I've nailed my colours to the mast and can't see past a Groves win. Eubank looks the part physically but I think anyone who fights Groves needs to slow him down and disrupt him early on and put rounds in the bank. Not sure junior can do that or be slippery enough to avoid getting hurt by something vicious from Groves.

I think groves will be too big down the stretch but I do have to say I’m a big fan of Eubanks work ethic and work rate and who knows maybe that would wear groves down but what ever happens it’s going to be a quality fight one I’m very much looking forward too
  • Options

I think he is next out in March mate where I am unsure ,

We need to help him on this journey there’s enough of us who love the boxing to help him in this way and have some good nights out along the way

Win win

Would be up for a trip! I am away around St.Paddys day but if I can squeeze a boxing trip into March i will!

Well done @LewSmith94 Be watching the highlights later!
    I think the date is beginning of March I think the 3rd at the Brentwood Centre again and thank you mate I appreciate your time watching my fight
  • Options
    Charlton Life shirt Shorts sponsor?
  • Options
    Solidgone said:

Charlton Life shirt Shorts sponsor?

I'd put in for that
  • Options
    what happened to the short lived trend of boxers having stuff daubed on their backs? I swear I'm not making this up
  • Options
    Carter said:

what happened to the short lived trend of boxers having stuff daubed on their backs? I swear I'm not making this up

Was it Francis had the sun on his boot soles before getting sparked by Tyson?
  • Options
    if there was an interest in sponsoring Lewis then let me know,

My company already sponsor him but we are currently looking to expand and assist in getting him more partners involved

i think a charlton life sponsorship where people contribute whatever they can afford would be a great way of buying into the Lewis Smith adventure and feeling part of it,

this isnt used as wages for Lewis it literally covers camp expenses such as sparring fees , Gym costs and other expenses

the thing i discovered early in these sponsorships is that the fighters appreciate every penny they get to help make camps as stress free as possible

• Options

You mean like in the opening post?
    It says he wore the badge but there's no explanation as to why. I was asking a serious question having read the entire thread.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Massive charlton fan, recently turned pro. Won his first pro fight the other day.

Thanks.
  • Options

Lew is an addick who wore the club badge on his boxing kit , who jacko And Solly sent personal goidluck wishes to and the OS tweeted its support and good luck to

He also is a very nice fella who deserves the backing of all addicks but especially those with a passion for boxing

Carts

I’d love to one day have influence enough to put something like that together

One of my future ambitions and we have already started discussions is to follow the horse racing model and combine boxing with a music and make a whole day of the event cobcert in day time and a big fight in the evening

Watch this space
    Thanks.
  • Options
    Brentwood? Works for me, hope to be able to make it
  • Options

if there was an interest in sponsoring Lewis then let me know,

My company already sponsor him but we are currently looking to expand and assist in getting him more partners involved

i think a charlton life sponsorship where people contribute whatever they can afford would be a great way of buying into the Lewis Smith adventure and feeling part of it,

this isnt used as wages for Lewis it literally covers camp expenses such as sparring fees , Gym costs and other expenses

the thing i discovered early in these sponsorships is that the fighters appreciate every penny they get to help make camps as stress free as possible

Count me in.

• Options
    I will start to organise then mate
  • Options
    i will be there 3rd March Brentwood Centre
  • Options
    Count me in the sponsorship and any future coach trips to watch him fight.
  • Options
    I love the boxing and would like to follow him on his journey. Please let me know if you get a coach going for this I`m pretty sure a few of my pals would come as well.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

i will be there 3rd March Brentwood Centre

Thanks for the support mate I appreciate this support even better being charlton aswell
  • Options
    acidlee said:

I love the boxing and would like to follow him on his journey. Please let me know if you get a coach going for this I`m pretty sure a few of my pals would come as well.

Thanks for that mate well when I know the date for definate then we can organise something