Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v Germany (Joe Gomez comes on) (friendly Nov 2017)

124»

Comments

• Options

delroofer said:

Giving Joe a team talk when I sponsored him

I gave him some tips(highlighting obviously)
    Joe's expression says it all mate... "Save me please!!" ;)
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    I love that you cut yoni out Paulie :lol:
  • Options
    It’s great to see Southgate give the youngsters a chance. Really impressed with Dier and Loftus-Cheek, and I for one feel very sheepish in saying that John Stones looks Class. I made one or two comments previously about him being overrated, but Pep seems to be getting the best out of him. Great to see Joe get a game and play well. I agree with @ForeverAddickted it would be great to see the same team given a run out against Brazil.
  • Options

delroofer said:

I’m glad it wasn’t fashion tips :wink:
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

I love that you cut yoni out Paulie :lol:

Haha only for this pic lol still got my original with Yoni
  • Options

delroofer said:

I’m glad it wasn’t fashion tips :wink:
    Hope you aint referring to my stripper top
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Ruben Loftus-Cheek is actually the half brother of a member on here @Corster
  • Options
    Given the circumstances I'm happy with that.
  • Options

I'd have Trippier over Walker at RB as well

Against teams who sit deep, I agree because his delivery, which wasn't great tonight, is usually of the quality that can create chances from nothing. But against more attacking teams Walker's athleticism is really useful. And I think Walker is better defensively than Trippier.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jesse Lingard

We've got this guys, Jesse Lingard is on

Yup Im pretending he isnt.

He's another Cleverley (Yes I know he's in this squad) yet he's playing for England cos he somehow gets in the Man Utd squad, if he left then he'd disappear from the England squad for a few years!!
    Jesse Lingard a poor mans Mike Small
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Southgate must be encouraged by that.

No German side rolls over and we could have won it.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Jesse Lingard, England international.

Dull second half. Can't really get too excited about the future.

Come off it he won the free kick and was the only one near the ball for the final shot, it wasn’t that awful of an effort given the reaction time he had to hit it.
    My comment is based on more than the shot.

He's a bang average player. 60 games with 5 goals and 5 assists makes the England team.
  • Options

Jesse Lingard

We've got this guys, Jesse Lingard is on

Yup Im pretending he isnt.

He's another Cleverley (Yes I know he's in this squad) yet he's playing for England cos he somehow gets in the Man Utd squad, if he left then he'd disappear from the England squad for a few years!!
    Jesse Lingard a poor mans Mike Small
    Nobody is that bad.
  • Options
    My lad said tonight, "ooh I don't like Trippier, he got Yann sent off". Is that right? I said I remember Gregg Halford dropping like he'd been shot and Yann going off, but I don't remember anything to do with Trippier.
  • Options
    Best England performance for ages. Proud of Joe. Thought Trippier played very well and RLC. How clever were Germany in avoiding the press! and it was mostly with their reserves.
  • Options
    Pickford has to replace Hart - looks far more assured.
  • Options

Pickford has to replace Hart - looks far more assured.

To be fair though Butland is a very good Goalkeeper himself; just been bad timing with a handful of injuries

Said over the summer that the future of the England No.1 shirt would be between those two
  • Options

Norwich goalie called up to replace Butland. Where's Nick Pope??

Angus Gunn is that?

He's another one who's come through the England youth teams and is on loan from Man City; very highly rated Ive heard and is also the son of ex-Norwich 'keeper; Bryan Gunn
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    SDAddick said:

Also I know its difficult for subs to have an impact on a game (something harder when its a friendly where so many changes are made) yet think we looked better with Abraham and Trippier instead of Rashford and Walker

Agreed re this and the point about Stones. But we all know there's not greater sin for an English center half than being caught on the ball in your own third. Even though his technical ability is very good, and he certainly showed glimpses of his defensive ability last year and in his final year with Everton.
    If a player plays shit it should be said so.
    Last year he was awful for Man City.
    Yes he is young but his defending at times was awful

This year, he has seemingly turned it around and is rightly getting praised for it
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

SDAddick said:

Also I know its difficult for subs to have an impact on a game (something harder when its a friendly where so many changes are made) yet think we looked better with Abraham and Trippier instead of Rashford and Walker

Agreed re this and the point about Stones. But we all know there's not greater sin for an English center half than being caught on the ball in your own third. Even though his technical ability is very good, and he certainly showed glimpses of his defensive ability last year and in his final year with Everton.
    If a player plays shit it should be said so.
    Last year he was awful for Man City.
    Yes he is young but his defending at times was awful

This year, he has seemingly turned it around and is rightly getting praised for it
    Not trying to make excuses for Stones but last year he had a big price on his shoulders and came into an ageing city defence that seemed to constantly change. Their defence this season is a lot more settled, players like Otamendi have really improved and Stones is looking comfortable.
  • Options

Norwich goalie called up to replace Butland. Where's Nick Pope??

Angus Gunn is that?

He's another one who's come through the England youth teams and is on loan from Man City; very highly rated Ive heard and is also the son of ex-Norwich 'keeper; Bryan Gunn
    Yeah he's another one who is highly rated and the couple times I've seen him looks very good.