Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Truro - Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    JFC has been utter toilet.
  • Options
    80' At the other end, Konsa makes a vital block and Gerring sends a diving header wide from the resulting corner. #cafc
  • Options
    81' SUB | Double goalscorer Ben Reeves is replaced by Billy Clarke. #cafc
  • Options
    81' Amos booked for taking his time over a goal-kick. #cafc
  • Options

LOVELY assist from Charles-Cook as Woking equalise against Bury

The fact that he's playing in that game makes me think he doesn't have a future at the club this season, or perhaps at all (curious what those who regularly watch U23s think). I think that's unfortunate, I think he's a wonderfully gifted player at our level and there's a lot there to work with, he just needs some help being given one or two positions to focus on.
  • Options
    82' Another good block from Konsa to send Harvey's shot out for another Truro corner. #cafc
  • Options
    83' Charlton break from the corner with Fosu. He plays Holmes out wide but his cross is caught by McHale. #cafc
  • Options
    Dartford 1-5
  • Options
    84' TRURO SUB | Lamont is replaced by Yetton. #cafc
  • Options
    85' Charlton break again, Fosu plays in KAG on the left, but his shot is wide off the post. #cafc
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Corner?
  • Options
    15:44JEFF REINES
    84’ Glorious chance for Keats but he kicks the air instead of the ball from eight yards out!

Truro could easily be level, they’ve been fantastic in this second half
  • Options
    86' KAG forces McHale into a save at his near post. Corner Charlton.. #cafc
  • Options
    I'd give anything for Karlan to get a goal. He desperately, desperately needs one.
  • Options
    86' Close! Short corner plays JFC in, he pokes it towards goal, it hits McHale and bounces back off JFC an out for a goal-kick. #cafc
  • Options
    @BenReevo bags his second of the afternoon... #cafc

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DN4T94VWsAE09ON.png
  • Options
    89' Solly booked for a foul. #cafc
  • Options
    15:48JEFF REINES
    88’ Truro have given it their all this second half and with a bit of luck they could’ve snatched a draw but it looks like it’ll be Charlton who will progress to the second round of the FA Cup

89’ Yellow card for a cynical foul by Chris Solly
  • Options
    So Ben Reeves is up to four goals this season, only three behind Tariqe Fosu yet has yet to score in the League
  • Options
    90+1 Four minutes added... #cafc
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    90+2 Konsa and Neal both booked following an altercation. #cafc
  • Options
    In goals v minutes actually played, Reeves must be top of the charts.
  • Options
    15:51JEFF REINES
    90’ Confrontation between Rocky Neal and Konsa leads to a yellow for the Charlton man

He was lucky to escape a red card there’s after he seemingly slapped the Truro striker
  • Options
    90+3 Crossbar! Truro hit the bar with a header. #cafc
  • Options
    90+3 Great save! Holmes forces McHale into a great save at the other end! Corner... #cafc
  • Options
    edited November 2017

So Ben Reeves is up to four goals this season, only three behind Tariqe Fosu yet has yet to score in the League

Yeah it's more like 4* given one was scored against Fulham U23s and all were in cups games of varying importance. But when you look at his goals it's clear he can finish. His time will come. I'd say he's only played 90 minutes total in the league thus far (he's started just the one game against Oxford right?). I still believe that long term he'll be better than Clarke, though it's clear Clarke has more about him certainly than I expected.
  • Options
    FULL TIME | Charlton 3 @TCFC_Official 1.

Two goals from Ben Reeves and one from Mark Marshall see us progress in the @EmiratesFACup. #cafc

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DN4Ua55WAAABf-q.jpg
  • Options
    Thanks @ross1 - well played.
  • Options
    Fair result, thanks to Ross and all for the updates.
  • Options
    15:54JEFF REINES
    Full time

The dream has ended as Truro City make it as far as any team has in the FA Cup but will progress no further after 3-1 defeat to League One’s Charlton Athletic.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!