Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Asthma Attack

2»

Comments

• Options
    @ForeverAddickted .. it'd be a good idea for you to have an anti flu jab ..
  • Options

@ForeverAddickted .. it'd be a good idea for you to have an anti flu jab ..

Hmm always been very wary of those

My wife had one a few weeks back and two days after taking one was drained and was forced to take a few days off work
  • Options
    Id recommend the flu jab too. I’ve been having them for 20 years and the side effects are minimal compared to the damage that’s a proper dose of flu could do to an asthmatic with a heart condition. There is always an element of guesswork as to the strain that they are vaccinating you against but to me it’s a no-brainer.
  • Options
    Just read this extract from some recent research: http://www.qmul.ac.uk/media/news/items/smd/200072.html

Oh and personally, I've avoided the flu jab.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Really glad I've only ever been told I had some of the symptoms and have never been diagnosed with the real deal.
  • Options

MrOneLung said:

Cheers for all the advice on here so far.

Last night it got to the stage where once again the Ventolin and Qvar were having absolutely no effect when taken so got on the phone to my GP who reckons the Asthma Attack was partly caused by a chest infection (something I did wonder) - Have now been given Antibiotics to clear that and steroid tablets to try controlling the breathlessness which rears its head in the evenings.

12-hours in and it appears to be having an effect so hopefully in seven days I'll be chest infection clear and the size of a body builder, rather than a stickman

So you didnt take my advice.....
    Yeah thats why it took so long for me to get to the Doctors

Apparently its wrong to have a w*nk in the middle of a Town Centre and if you try you end up talking to the Police for most of the day!!

Political Correctness gone mad yet again!

• Options
    @ForeverAddickted Get the flu jab, not sure why you would be sceptical as a asthma sufferer we are priority so get booked in. I normally always do but haven't had a chance to this year yet. I cant think of any reason not to
  • Options
    Preservatives(sulphites) commonly found in wine can be really bad for asthma - steer clear of wine now as it seems to set off my asthma. Have to stick to beer. ..