Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sydney

2»

Comments

• Options

I always try to arrive in the morning local time on long haul flights. I then just have to survive that day and usually sleep fine that night. Seems to work for me.

Exactly the same as my approach, hasn't let me down yet.
  • Options
    Not sure why but I just don't get jet lag.

Have been east to Australia, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Thailand at various departure/arrival times or even going west to the US.

Maybe because I can rarely sleep on a plane?
    I just stay awake till 'bed time' at the arrival destination, have 7 hours kip and my body clock seems to adjust.

More knackered after two hour flight to menorca with the kids !
  • Options
    JT said:

which area you staying james ? weather is due to be shite this week i'm sorry to say.

My company have offices in Parramatta and Barangaroo and, unfortunately for me, I've been placed in Paramatta so not very convenient for beers.

Passed through a lewisham on the way into the CBD and it's a little nicer than the one in London.
  • Options
    They like their cars here. Hired the only one I could get my hands on at the weekend to check out palm beach with some guys who had travelled over from Manila. Ended up with a 6.2l Holden!
  • Options

Long way to fly for a week!

depends where you are flying from surely

James is flying in from Auckland NZ, meeting up with another Addick who is flying in from Manilla. ( I thought it would be ok for me to answer on James's behalf as it is now 3.20 am in NZ and no doubt he will be akip.)
    I'm doing 3 days in Auckland later this year. :blush:
    Give me a shout when you do.

@Danepak is also local.
  • Options
    jamescafc said:

Long way to fly for a week!

depends where you are flying from surely

James is flying in from Auckland NZ, meeting up with another Addick who is flying in from Manilla. ( I thought it would be ok for me to answer on James's behalf as it is now 3.20 am in NZ and no doubt he will be akip.)
    I'm doing 3 days in Auckland later this year. :blush:
    Give me a shout when you do.

@Danepak is also local.
    Yep, always keen on a pint or ten.
  • Options
    Terry Hastings aka TEL on here lives in Avalon in Sydney but I never know when he is in the country.

Also there is a Greenwich in Sydney
  • Options
    leefender said:

Terry Hastings aka TEL on here lives in Avalon in Sydney but I never know when he is in the country.

Avalon is lovely, isn't one of the Oz soaps filmed there?
  • Options

leefender said:

Avalon is lovely, isn't one of the Oz soaps filmed there?
    Yeah Home and Away, Probably why Terry loves it there haha
  • Options
    thought Home and Away was filmed at Palm Beach, isn't that north of Avalon?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    leefender said:

Been over in Dural (North west rural Sydney) Lee for 5 years now......going home to England in Jan though
  • Options
    Home and Away is indeed at Palm Beach...its just one suburb further up the Peninsula then you fall into the water...

Watched them filming a few times...boring as bat shit.
  • Options
    TELTEL
    edited October 2017
    My Mrs works in Parramatta amongst other places
  • Options
    Oh and we have a Woolwich here near North Sydney
  • Options
    JTJT
    edited October 2017
    There's a hell of a lot of London similarities here. They've just started using black cabs too.
  • Options
    JT said:

There's a hell of a lot of London similarities here. They've just started using black cabs too.

Haha we saw one on Saturday and the driver was ironically from Essex
  • Options
    JT said:

Yep, we have them in Perth and if it wasn't for Uber I'd use them