Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Designs for new Valley Gates - Usual regime stuff: good idea ruined by lack of thought and planning

Comments

• Options
    Are both sets of gates being replaced? The away coaches us the gate to the right of the shop. I assume the that if only one set of gates are replaced that would be the ones to the left of the shop, which is the main entrance.

• Options
    A reminder that today is the deadline for submitting comments.

Also there is a consultation on 28/10 before the Wimbledon game so ask via fans@cafc.co.uk if you want to attend.

What else is there to talk about at Charlton?
  • Options
    Nothing should be done until this ownership have left
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Surely, with other news we're down to a choice of one.

Some nice stone pillars with kangaroo rampant atop.
  • Options

A reminder that today is the deadline for submitting comments.

Also there is a consultation on 28/10 before the Wimbledon game so ask via fans@cafc.co.uk if you want to attend.

What else is there to talk about at Charlton?

But isn't that the game where we are celebrating them leaving?
  • Options
    Having been critical only fair to say I was given the opportunity to discuss the designs with club staff yesterday.

The only desire stuff has been dropped and the remaining designs are much simpler and stronger for it.

The practical issues such as how the gates look both when open and closed were discussed.

And we even had time to discuss the Valley centenary and rotating the North upper banners.

Me and @cafc999 went but don't know how many others did.

Much like the Hummel consultation so well done the club.

Still a way to go but promising start.
  • Options
    We also attended and our representative thought it was a useful discussion. We are very pleased that they sought the views of the museum.

It was a pity that the club got this so wrong initially but there is no doubt that they listened to supporters' groups and it became a much better and more inclusive process. They have also adjusted the time scale and are not trying to do it for the Portsmouth game.

Our understanding is that the gates which are to be replaced will be used at the training ground
  • Options

Just submitting my choice....

haahahahahahahahaha
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The thing is, I’ll only ever see the gates when they are open, so the design is a bit irrelevant.
  • Options
    Looks nice to be fair
  • Options
    Huge improvement on the originals and glad the club took up the museum's idea of marking the Valley centenary as the 25 years back at the Valley had come and gone.

"Christen" - that won't impress our new owners or any athetists : - )
  • Options
    What about Roger Alwen cutting a ribbon for the new gates christening.

Just like in the BTTV footage.
  • Options
    Not sure how the sword will work to allow the gates to open - if the sword is cut out of the badge and done well it'll look stunning.
  • Options
    What an improvement.
  • Options
    Like those. Move 'Charlton" back to the top of the badge where it should be, then write 'Welcome to' somewhere on the left gate and 'the Valley' on the right gate, and job done. Although still arguably pointless writing a welcome message on gates that will open, meaning the message isn't visible, when people are actually welcome to come in and closed, but readable, when they want to keep people out.
  • Options
    Much better. Well done all concerned.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Are they high enough to keep the roos in?
  • Options
    Has this been formally approved by the two parties still in take over negotiations and forms part of the pre contract terms :wink:
  • Options
    They look good
  • Options
    But Red Bull has not been built into the design. Fake.
  • Options

Has this been formally approved by the two parties still in take over negotiations and forms part of the pre contract terms :wink:

I did ask but didn't get a response : - )
  • Options
    I assume that the takeover is complete or has been cancelled ?
  • Options
    Ross said:
    Cool! Only 2 years after our Academy reno is completed!

Oh, wait.