Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Doncaster | Sat 14 Oct | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

13»

Comments

• Options
    Donny are a club with a lot of history. I can't see them losing to a little club like Charlton.
  • Options

SDAddick said:

Prediction - Konsa to start.

There aren't that many days to Christmas and as we know, Roland likes nothing better than a New Year gift - to himself. But he needs clubs to be asking the big question "how much is that Konsa in the window?" So, for that reason, he has to be playing.

I'm just not convinced he's that involved anymore. I think he's lost interest. Don't get me wrong he wants the Konsa money. But I think his interest in all things football has wained significantly.
    I agree to a degree but Konsa is still nothing more than a commodity to him and that's what he deals in be it clubs, footballers, real estate etc etc. So I cannot believe that he hasn't passed the message on even if it has now been toned down to "if you can play him please do because I will re-invest some of it in a couple more players" as opposed to "you have to play him because I want a return".
    Maybe, but Konsa has two starts this year.

Again, I'm sure Roland wants the money, I just think he can't be fucked.

Something we've discussed on and off over the last couple years is: what is worse, an engaged, incompetent Roland or an indifferent one? The devil we know certainly seems to be the former, but I'm kind of wondering if we're entering a new phase where Roland is indifferent. Given the training ground is moving forward again and we had a largely decent summer (yes we're a striker short), I'm cautiously optimistic that this might be a good thing.
  • Options
    Three goals to nil (or possibly one).

Fosu, Clarke and Reeves.
  • Options
    He can't drop Clarke for Reeves surely.
  • Options
    To get the win we may need a lot of rain and then let them get ahead, say 1-3, and then...
  • Options
    edited October 2017

Clarke came off against Bury with back spasms then picked up a little groin strain against Fleetwood. Those who know are saying he'll start Saturday then Reeves will come in on Tuesday. I think that's right. He's not been quite as good in recent weeks (though he helped make the first goal against Fleetwood) probably in part due to niggles. And Reeves, for all his fitness problems, is a class player.

Touch wood if everyone stays healthy we have some good squad depth in the attacking positions, which means we can start to rotate players to keep them fresh.
  • Options

This game will mark the end of threads about your penis or bins and the beginning if the serious business.

Also my first game of the season to we are bound to lose.

3-1 Charlton. Fosu Josh and Marshall (from the bench)

Don't think it counts if you shoot from the bench
  • Options
    Can't beat the Saturday morning feeling when the sun is out and you're off to football later.

Leaving my drums and smoke bombs at home and taking my tartan blanket and bovril to the East Stand for the second time in a row.

Come on you Addick's, give us a win lads
  • Options
    Up for it
  • Options
    First game of the season for me. Bound to lose...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    AFKA’s going so we’ll loose :wink:
  • Options
    Fancy us 2-0 with another Baur headed special and Rickaaaaaay.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Reeves came off against Bury with back spasms then picked up a little groin strain against Fleetwood. Those who know are saying he'll start Saturday then Reeves will come in on Tuesday. I think that's right. He's not been quite as good in recent weeks (though he helped make the first goal against Fleetwood) probably in part due to niggles. And Reeves, for all his fitness problems, is a class player.

Touch wood if everyone stays healthy we have some good squad depth in the attacking positions, which means we can start to rotate players to keep them fresh.
    You may wish to edit as it was Clarke who went off against Bury etc.
  • Options
    We cant stop letting in goals, so 3-2.
  • Options

Can't beat the Saturday morning feeling when the sun is out and you're off to football later.

Leaving my drums and smoke bombs at home and taking my tartan blanket and bovril to the East Stand for the second time in a row.

Come on you Addick's, give us a win lads

No tartan blankets in the East Stand please. leave that provocative filth in the West stand where it belongs
  • Options
    3-0 to Charlton with 2 of the teams above us losing.

Whilst all games are important this one could have a big psychological boost if we win in terms of where we are in the table.

Come on Charlton.
  • Options

Straight forward win

I like the way you've left out any suggestion of the side for whom the win will be straightforward.

For me, Doncaster are a bit like Walsall, I'm always nervous about playing them.

1-2 I fear.
  • Options
    I feel ashamed to admit that whilst walking the dogs with my wife this morning, she asked me who WE were playing today. I genuinely didn't know! Sad this is I work in Donny and have supporters to talk football with. Lost my mojo i'm afraid. No games yet this season. Will be listening in with one ear. Mild ly happy with a win. Ok with a draw. Mildly annoyed with a defeat.

Cheers Roland. I'll drink a smoothie to your good health!! Grrr.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

SDAddick said:

Reeves came off against Bury with back spasms then picked up a little groin strain against Fleetwood. Those who know are saying he'll start Saturday then Reeves will come in on Tuesday. I think that's right. He's not been quite as good in recent weeks (though he helped make the first goal against Fleetwood) probably in part due to niggles. And Reeves, for all his fitness problems, is a class player.

You may wish to edit as it was Clarke who went off against Bury etc.
    Yes sorry change made.
  • Options
    Going for a desmond on this one...

Hope I'm wrong & we smash em tho of course...!!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!