Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Memorable tv events

13»

Comments

• Options
    Outside of those already mentioned

Dirty Den divorcing Ang
    Japanese sunami
    Berlin Wall falling
    The dildo on Transfer Deadline Day
    Waco Siege
    Kid swearing on Going Live phone in
    Judy Finnigan's dress failing down
    OJs car chase
    OJs trial
    Ross Kemp advertising Kellogg's Fruit n Fibre
    Amanda Donohoe getting her kit off in Castaway

• Options
    The first showing at what Jarvis Cocker did at the Brits during the Michael Jackson performance on TFI Friday l.
  • Options
    The first Gulf War kicking off live on TV. Watching bombs and cruise missiles smashing Baghdad to pieces as it happened was a very strange thing. Death raining from the skies turned into TV entertainment as CNN have another wargasm.
  • Options
    Missed It said:

The first Gulf War kicking off live on TV. Watching bombs and cruise missiles smashing Baghdad to pieces as it happened was a very strange thing. Death raining from the skies turned into TV entertainment as CNN have another wargasm.

Comical Ali and there are no American tanks in Baghdad
  • Options
    edited October 2017

Missed It said:

Comical Ali and there are no American tanks in Baghdad
    As opposed to Colonel Tim Collins' inspirational eve of battle speech...
  • Options

Hillsborough on Grandstand as a kid with tears rolling and failing to understand how this could happen

Went to a friends birthday party that day, and was happily playing football in the park. One of the lads got upset with being tackled and stormed off back to my mates parents house. We got called back eventually, only to find out what had happened. Pretty shocking, but I don't think I really took it in at the time. We'd been there to see charlton lose 3-1 a couple of months earlier I think, although my memory may be failing me a little.

Also remember watching the Heysel business unfold. Being told not to watch, but peaking through my hands to see what was going on and that wall collapsing. Terrible.
  • Options

Geraldine beating R Wayne and 2 Up 2 Down

That’s proper tickled me. Bravo!
  • Options
    Missed It said:

newflash half-way through the football highlights that evening. Never did get to see the rest of the games !
  • Options
    Light bulb/fitting narrowly missing Jan Leeming's bonce live on BBC News
  • Options
    Bradford fire , from a little smoke to a blazing stand in just a few minutes, and the first signs that people were still there, and climbing out on fire with smoking clothes. As a football fan, thinking Christ that could have been me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2017
  • Options
    April Fools Day ruck behind Des Lynam in the Grandstand studio.
  • Options
    Ghostwatch. Fake "most haunted"( not that most haunted is particularly authentic) type show one Halloween. Proper shit myself, and it was all anyone cold talk about at school the next day.

Cup game with Everton where it cut to the adverts in stoppage time, and came back on when they were celebrating a goal
  • Options
    Colour
  • Options
    bbob said:

Colour

And if you are watching in black and white Spurs are the team in yellow
  • Options
    Doesn't seem like anyone has mentioned the raising of the Mary Rose?

I remember being so excited only to see a load of old soggy wood come out , story of my life that. :wink:
  • Options
    John McCarthy arriving home
    The first London Marathon
    Harrods bombing
  • Options
    Robin Day interviewing John Nott live.

Day had a little dig and Nott ripped off his mike and stormed off.

• Options
    Greenie said:

Twin towers
    Hillsborough
    Bradford fire
    Cooper dying
    Live aid
    Barry Sheene v Kenny Roberts
    1979 GP at Silverstone (Murray walker says "he's waving at Roberts" as Sheene overtook him, Sheene was flicking Roberts the V) great stuff!

Is this from We Didn't Start the Fire?????
  • Options
    Mandela's release and speech.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1989 title decider
    Argies standing over surrendered British soldiers
    HMS Invincible returning after victory
    Windsor castle fire
    Jarvis Cocker mooning Michael Jackson
  • Options
    A few mentioned i actually saw live were Tommy Cooper, Des Lynam April fools, the ships leaving for the Falklands, and one not mentioned I'm sure it was sportsnight I was watching when the earthquake hit San Francisco, the programme cut to the news
  • Options
    Flick Kendal's nipple-ons on The Good Life
  • Options
    Farewell Crimewatch.
    This moment has reappeared
    Awkward Crimewatch moment shared online as presenter bears uncanny resemblance to a mugshot
    Jason Mohammad looked just like the crime suspect, whose mugshot flashed up on the screen behind him
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:

The documentary about the bloke with Tourettes when I was at school...wow it seemed like the world had stopped and watched

Johns not mad, ive got it on DVD
  • Options

Farewell Crimewatch.
    This moment has reappeared
    Awkward Crimewatch moment shared online as presenter bears uncanny resemblance to a mugshot
    Jason Mohammad looked just like the crime suspect, whose mugshot flashed up on the screen behind him

A bit like this one......