Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ray Donovan

edited October 2017 in Not Sports Related
Couldn't see a thread on this. I wrote off the 5th and latest series early on, thinking they'd done all they can with Russians, fixing things etc, but what they've done with the Abby storyline is very powerful and this latest episode is in its own way, despite the subject, is very good tv

Comments

• Options
    Nice one cabbs, I lost my way a bit with RD and have been meaning to catch up. I best get downloading.
  • Options

Nice one cabbs, I lost my way a bit with RD and have been meaning to catch up. I best get downloading.

I won't say anything more mate. But it's been done very well
  • Options
    Had my missus in tears and took me by surprise, I thought they had run out if ideas also. Very well acted by all
  • Options
    I haven’t seen last nights.....but I hope this is the last season.

They have run out of ideas and the storylines are too far fetched now.

Some of the coincidences that they have crow barred into the episodes this season are ridiculous.
  • Options
    Am waiting for the series to end before I binge watch the lot in a day with the Mrs.
  • Options
    ?
  • Options
    It was certainly going down the toilet half way through this season, but has certainly redeemed itself.
  • Options
    Great show, one of my favourites.
  • Options
    Think they plot line for the latest season is pretty ridiculous - feels like another TV show that doesn't know when to quit.
  • Options
    I'm two episodes behind - so far this season has dragged.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I only carry on watching for Mick pretty much these days
  • Options

I only carry on watching for Mick pretty much these days

And the Doris who plays Natalie James.
  • Options
    Also thought it had dragged but that episode was brilliant...if you notice the production team has done an excellent job on Abby...down to the point of building (what looked to me at least) like an oversized bedroom/bed to make her appear smaller on screen.... Really really good.

@ricky_otto if you like that actress, she's regularly got her kit off in Banshee (also a 'Showtime production')..
  • Options
    edited October 2017

Also thought it had dragged but that episode was brilliant...if you notice the production team has done an excellent job on Abby...down to the point of building (what looked to me at least) like an oversized bedroom/bed to make her appear smaller on screen.... Really really good.

@ricky_otto if you like that actress, she's regularly got her kit off in Banshee (also a 'Showtime production')..

Banshee is where I first cracked one off over her saw her. Absolute sort.
  • Options

I'm almost divorced now but my mother in law went through exactly that and it is scary how lifelike they have managed to do it. That's why I pointed out at the start that despite the subject it is good tv and very hard hitting stuff, as I'm sure anyone on here who has experience of losing someone to it can relate to

I think it was a brave decision of the producers to go down this route re: a story line, and it's probably what's kept me watching it still
  • Options
    Finally decided to binge watch Season 5 with the Mrs this week.

We realised the Abby cancer storyline was going to dominate this series so we had deliberately put it off for a while. The Mrs lost her Dad last year and is still finding some moments difficult, as you would expect.

Got to episode 8 last night (the episode @'Charlton Charlie' is referring to above). Jesus, that brought back some horrible memories for both of us, especially the 'assisted' suicide side of it. The wife found herself being Ray and flushing the tablets down the toilet at one point and she's still wracked with guilt.

Anyhow, amongst the floods of tears, awesome series. They've got the Abby storyline absolutely spot on and I don't think I've seen another drama that has done the cancer thing so well.