Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FLEETWOOD 1 CHARLTON 3 - 30th September 2017

FLEETWOOD 1 (Grant 26) CHARLTON 3 (Fosu 14, 40, 71)

Attendance 3,009 (400 Charlton)

Fleetwood Cairns, Coyle (Ekpolo 46), Bell, Eastham (Hunter 68), Pond (c), Hiwula, Dempsey, Grant, Bolger, Glendon (O’Neill 46), Cole.

Charlton Amos, Konsa, Bauer (c), Sarr, Dasilva, Kashi, Forster-Caskey, Fosu, Clarke, Holmes, Magennis.

Summary

Back to winning ways for the Addicks following a four-game winless streak. Tariqe Fosu-Henry proved the star man with a 'perfect' hat trick. Charlton were good value for their win throughout, and Nabby Sarr and Ezri Konsa also shone on their return to the team. The win moved the Addicks back up to fifth in the table.

Post Match comments

Robinson: “The whole team deserves a pat on the back today. They were all great. I though Jake and Kashi in midfield dominated that area and they had an extra player in there. We knew we had to be disciplined in the wide areas. But we felt that we could get between them and once they went more defensive in the wide areas, if we kept our shape, we would have the legs and the energy to pick them off and it was the perfect second-half performance away from home. I was getting sick and tired of saying we played well, but didn’t take our chances, but today I can say that we played well and won.
(On Fosu-Henry) I think it was a perfect hat-trick and he took them perfectly. Tariqe was bought in here to be a squad player. With the quality we have, we knew we had a lot of top players at the club so we knew it was going to be hard for him to find his way in. But through injuries he got his chance and he’s exploited that."

Fosu-Henry: “We’ve been confident and playing well. A few small things have let us down a bit but we’ve come here and won. I’m delighted to help the team. The third goal was my favourite. I tried to stay up, get balanced and get it in. We’re in a good place and can continue to build, but there is more to come. We’re aiming for the top two, and are definitely confident."

STATBANK Player Marks

Fosu-Henry = 9.34 (Highest individual mark since Statbank began in 2011)
Sarr = 8.16
Holmes = 7.92
Konsa = 7.76
Dasilva = 7.50
Forster-Caskey = 7.42
Bauer = 7.37
Clarke = 7.16
Kashi = 7.05
Amos = 6.82
Magennis = 6.82
Marshall = 6.32

Team Average = 7.47