Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Apprentice 2017

Comments

• Options
    pub ammo;

Ever wondered why The Apprentice contestants are basking in sunny London one minute, then the poor mire who's packed off in a taxi is cwtched up to the nines in a scarf and coat?

Don't deny it, we've all been baffled by the fact that they're wearing sunglasses and have their sleeves rolled up, wiping beads of sweat off their forehead and then a couple of hours later, when they get fired for their shoddy project management, they emerge from Lord Sugar's offices in big winter coats and scarves.

Surely the temperature can't have changed that much, right?

It's something which hasn't escaped eagle-eyed viewers' notice - and they've started questioning it on social media.

Well, it turns out there's a very good reason they're all working big coats and scarves - and it will change the way you view The Apprentice forever.

The shot where you see them disappointed, dejected, walking out of Lord Sugar's offices towards the taxi isn't really representative of how gutted they actually are.

That scene is filmed before any of the challenges even take place.

All contestants do the 'walk of shame' on the first day of filming - and only one lucky person will never have theirs used when they eventually become the winner.

Coats and scarves are used to cover up their clothing as they'll inevitably be wearing a different outfit on the day they do leave the show.

So they just cover up again when they are actually booted off and get in the taxi and it looks seamless.
  • Options
    thought the task a bit odd as a team didn't win or lose based on how much the hotel could sell the room for on a nightly basis and therefore how much more income it could earn over the other team but on how much of their budget was left. If the boys had bought a bed for say £500 and a couple of tins of paint they would have won at a canter.
  • Options

thought the task a bit odd as a team didn't win or lose based on how much the hotel could sell the room for on a nightly basis and therefore how much more income it could earn over the other team but on how much of their budget was left. If the boys had bought a bed for say £500 and a couple of tins of paint they would have won at a canter.

Yup, the task was very badly thought out. Could have been so much better.
  • Options

Maybe it would have been better to give both teams the same budget, and let the hotel/LS choose the winner?
  • Options
    edited October 2017

Maybe it would have been better to give both teams the same budget, and let the hotel/LS choose the winner?
    That's exactly what they did? They both had £13k to spend on jazzing up the room.

The boys went luxury, the girls went golf themed & affordable luxury.

Both rooms looked shite.

The HOTEL had already paid the £13,000 each room not Alan Sugar. The teams could have kept the room as it was and just chucked in furniture for say £500 and they would have made a huge profit...

I think the boys saw it as an "up to 13k budget then see what could we charge for staying in this room", (They still fudged it) opposed to the girls who clearly saw it as "we have 13k, how much of that can we not spend to maximise our profit and finish with an acceptable room."

The Hotel didn't care about who made most profit, they cared which room was better and more chargeable per night visitor...

I would say the girls offered a better theme, but I would argue the boys was still more luxury and comfort.

It seems the Hotel was split though and Alan Sugar therefore was given the deciding vote, which he undoubtedly would have based his decision on profit alone.
  • Options
    Looked like a hiding to nothing task this week. Ok, they made a pig's ear of it, but it didn't look wasy for a change.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

That's exactly what they did? They both had £13k to spend on jazzing up the room.

The boys went luxury, the girls went golf themed & affordable luxury.

Both rooms looked shite.

The HOTEL had already paid the £13,000 each room not Alan Sugar. The teams could have kept the room as it was and just chucked in furniture for say £500 and they would have made a huge profit...

I think the boys saw it as an "up to 13k budget then see what could we charge for staying in this room", (They still fudged it) opposed to the girls who clearly saw it as "we have 13k, how much of that can we not spend to maximise our profit and finish with an acceptable room."

The Hotel didn't care about who made most profit, they cared which room was better and more chargeable per night visitor...

I would say the girls offered a better theme, but I would argue the boys was still more luxury and comfort.

It seems the Hotel was split though and Alan Sugar therefore was given the deciding vote, which he undoubtedly would have based his decision on profit alone.
    To me the task got a bit confused between quality and the profit margin made by the teams

To rephrase what I was suggesting, I think both teams should have been given a budget, and expected to spend approximately that, I assume that's what would happen in real life. That way the task would be about quality and design AND the ability to negotiate with the store, to get the best stuff for the money

If I gave a designer £13k, and it was obvious that he had only spent £5k, and was pocketing a massive margin, I would be most pissed off!
  • Options
    "Do you want to touch each other?" said in all sincerity was probably the funniest line I've heard since the show started.
  • Options
    The whole task seemed nonsense, from wall paper that seemed printed on a crazy huge scale , who would do that ? , to beds/ carpet not being part of hotel furniture, and a mood board, which is nothing but a way of gathering ideas, marked on artistic merit. Not to mention that pictures, probably the biggest part of building a theme was not even in the task. The programme was the loser this week. but cant see the producers using the bridge cafe.
  • Options
    I have only one thing to say about the episode... 600 notes for a pile of old suitcases!?! I'm in the wrong game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    'They feel a bit light'
  • Options
    I liked one of them saying "I've spent a lot of time in hotels - particularly the rooms."
    - specifying it, as if we would assume she just roams the corridors and sleeps in the foyer.
  • Options

I liked one of them saying "I've spent a lot of time in hotels - particularly the rooms."
    - specifying it, as if we would assume she just roams the corridors and sleeps in the foyer.

Thought she sounded like a brass when she said that
  • Options
    Toy robots this week. Proper watch through the fingers telly
  • Options
    Bleeeeuughhhhh ... sack ‘em all
  • Options
    It's not been a great series so far
  • Options
    Wrong one fired again.
  • Options
    Think last week was right tbf.
  • Options
    You’re helping hand for life?

You’re helping hand

You’re

Fucking morons.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2017
    Now talking over one another in a sales meeting...

More flipping morons.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    The moose one is annoying as feck too.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    This show is a farce. Chevon new should be gone as well as the chite barrister.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

This show is a farce. Chevon new should be gone as well as the chite barrister.

I assume you mean Siobhan?

She's not been on the losing team yet, once that happens the boardroom will be fun!
  • Options
    Sugar and his advisers will already have done a certain amount of "due diligence" on the candidates and he knows who he does not want to be his "partner" which is why, sometimes, it appears that he has chosen the "wrong" person to go.

It's just a question of getting those candidates in the boardroom which is when the "subjective" decisions ("the experts thought team x's advert was better) kick in. In fact, the way things are going in this series, if he doesn't start to mix the teams up, rather than a token girl, there won't be any boys left.

On the evidence to date, I believe that Bushra will end up in the final and might even win it.

• Options
    PWR. I've not watched this programme for ages and certainly not this series. After the football finished I turned the channel over to the BBC to catch the news and the last 10 mins of the Apprentice was on. Did I hear right, that guy that got fired is a Barrister ? It sounded like one of the two is. If that last 10 minutes is a fair reflection of what they are like then Imagine having one of them represent you in Court.
  • Options

PWR. I've not watched this programme for ages and certainly not this series. After the football finished I turned the channel over to the BBC to catch the news and the last 10 mins of the Apprentice was on. Did I hear right, that guy that got fired is a Barrister ? It sounded like one of the two is. If that last 10 minutes is a fair reflection of what they are like then Imagine having one of them represent you in Court.

I deal with a lot of solicitors in my role. Always, almost without fail, tell me I'm wrong never ever has one overturned a bill. Bit of paper don't mean shit other then they are good at exams and billing clients.
  • Options
    Terrible series so far, utter morons!
  • Options
    This really is my guilty pleasure. I try to avoid it each year but I watch 2 minutes and get sucked in by the sheer awfulness of the candidates.