Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Spanish old bill

Normally reserve the treatment being dished out to their own citizens for foreign football fans

Proper own goal this , they could've allowed them to vote and ignored it seems a bit heavy handed too me

Comments

• Options
    Good old fashioned democracy at work.

The amount of people on my twitter timeline that are in favour of this but moaned about brexit is rather confusing though.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    The Civil Guard, if it was them 'dealing' with the Catalans, like the French Gendarmes and the Italian Carabinieri are part of the military, a throwback to Napoleonic times. They are much more heavy handed than the regular Police, who themselves are not averse to dishing out unwarranted stick given the chance
  • Options
    Removing the will of the people all part of Jean Claude junckers Europe vision

Better off out of it
  • Options
    I get its older than the eu but this is def the tactics we are seeing of hard line tactics no give or take to people's choices

Firing Batton rounds and driving vehicles st it's own people

Reminds me of china growing up

The Catalonian residents need to fight back and fight with the same aggression
  • Options

I get its older than the eu but this is def the tactics we are seeing of hard line tactics no give or take to people's choices

Any other examples you can provide where the EU has interfered with it's "hard line tactics" in domestic elections or referendums?
  • Options
    buckshee said:

Good old fashioned democracy at work.

The amount of people on my twitter timeline that are in favour of this but moaned about brexit is rather confusing though.

only confusing if you confuse having a vote with no agreeing with the RESULT of the vote

for example. No one is saying we mustn't have general elections although whoever wins the general election some people are unhappy with the RESULT.

You're weren't happy when Labour won elections. Does that mean you didn't want elections? No, of course not.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2017
    Like the NI/UK situation, Spain is desperate to keep hold of Catalonia for political reasons as well as economic.
    And like the EU, any government loses face and prestige when confronted with a 'rebel' breakaway movement ..

The Spanish reaction and the EU reaction to the UK, are motivated by the same corrupt philosophy, bigger is better, more to govern and control, more area where we can through our weight around, although the EU of course has not resorted to military/police tactics. Perhaps it will be different if Macron ever gets his way and a Euro Army comes into being.

Take a lesson here from the Ottoman and Austro/Hungarian 'empires', nations within them demanded and eventually got their freedom and self determination despite often cruel and 'fascist' oppression.

The EU is another example of empire building, and like the Euro empires of old, it will eventually implode.

The Catalans have been under the Spanish 'yoke' for centuries. Many Catalans want independence. For right or for wrong they are at least entitled to hold a vote on the topic free from military intervention by the Madrid mafia. Take a lesson from what happened in Yugoslavia and the break up of Czechoslavakia, you can only keep explosive situations under control for so long

• Options
    Surely these sorts of tactics will encourage unsure Catalans to back independence?
  • Options
    E-cafc said:

But that is the Spanish Civil Guard, not the EU Army (which doesn't exist).

This is an internal Spanish issue, it's not being orchestrated by Brussells. They are more concerned with straight bananas and the British sausage.

There are lots of things to criticise the EU for but stopping referendum's isn't one of them
    The EU doesn't need to stop referendums. It just ignores the results of them.

Which is why linking the actions of the Spanish Civil Guard to the EU is silly.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Surely these sorts of tactics will encourage unsure Catalans to back independence?

Involving The Guardian Civil will ensure that will happen.....always were and always will be a bunch of first class arseholes.

• Options

Like the NI/UK situation, Spain is desperate to keep hold of Catalonia for political reasons as well as economic.
    And like the EU, any government loses face and prestige when confronted with a 'rebel' breakaway movement ..

The Spanish reaction and the EU reaction to the UK, are motivated by the same corrupt philosophy, bigger is better, more to govern and control, more area where we can through our weight around, although the EU of course has not resorted to military/police tactics. Perhaps it will be different if Macron ever gets his way and a Euro Army comes into being.

Take a lesson here from the Ottoman and Austro/Hungarian 'empires', nations within them demanded and eventually got their freedom and self determination despite often cruel and 'fascist' oppression.

The EU is another example of empire building, and like the Euro empires of old, it will eventually implode.

The Catalans have been under the Spanish 'yoke' for centuries. Many Catalans want independence. For right or for wrong they are at least entitled to hold a vote on the topic free from military intervention by the Madrid mafia. Take a lesson from what happened in Yugoslavia and the break up of Czechoslavakia, you can only keep explosive situations under control for so long

After the millions of words written and debated about the EU over the last few years you are still completely clueless about what the EU stands for and its long term purpose. You are still peddling ridiculous UKIP fantasy and lies.
    me clueless ? .. you are the dolt, not I .. a Franco/German monopoly in the guise of the EU wants political and economic power over Europe .. and all the quislings like Junker (and it seems yourself) are happy to go along with it. In Junkcer and his ilks case for the sake of a cushy job with a nice pension and the chance for a coward to throw his weight around

I now fully understand why Brexit happened. If people are able to believe the nonsense you are peddling then any lie can be believed.
    ex Xray technician .. the radio activity has scrambled your brain GooGoo .. which was no too bright to begin with
  • Options
    Without wishing to turn this into an EU bash thread, and not de-rail the original thread, but i've now lived in a 'full-on' EU nation for approx 6 months now, and 1) It works and 2) I quite like it. !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2017
    IRVING/DRACULA .... the flag man ..hahahahah .. you deserve a flag for trying to con people into supporting your hobby .. a k a 'The Museum'
  • Options
    This is warming up to a first class bun fight!
  • Options

This is warming up to a first class bun fight!

Who would have thought a debate about the EU would do that? : - )

Sunk in 10
  • Options
    anyway .. Catalonia .. lately, I notice the Spanish have not tried any strong arm tactics over Gibraltar .. very wise of them
  • Options

IRVING/DRACULA .... the flag man ..hahahahah .. you deserve a flag for trying to con people into supporting your hobby .. a k a 'The Museum'

Quick edit there to remove you calling me a "wanker"

• Options
    Slightly surprised that so many 'outers' really care what's going on politically in an EU Country.

Let them get on with it - it's nothing to do with us now.
  • Options
    edited October 2017

Quick edit there to remove you calling me a "wanker"

the truth always hurts .. even you don't deserve that insult, albeit a justified one on a public forum
  • Options
    We won 3.1 yesterday ffs
    Can't we all be happy today
  • Options

We won 3.1 yesterday ffs

I'm very happy ; - )
  • Options

We won 3.1 yesterday ffs

I'm very happy ; - )
    Glad to hear it :)