Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    R.I.P. Liked Fifteen to One, he made a good host.
  • Options
    R.I.P

Used to work with his son Barney, nice lad.
  • Options
    why has 15 to 1 never been brought back ? .. a bit bullying but a terrific format

R I P .. to a gentleman who always seemed jovial and very nice as well as being an Addick
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options

why has 15 to 1 never been brought back ? .. a bit bullying but a terrific format

R I P .. to a gentleman who always seemed jovial and very nice as well as being an Addick

It has been Sandi Toksvig hosts
  • Options

It has been Sandi Toksvig hosts
    oh yes, I'd forgotten about that .. not a patch on ol Willie G though is she
  • Options
    RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    I didn't know he was a Charlton fan. RIP
  • Options
    RIP - a significant proportion of my student years were spent watching 15 to 1. Our pub quiz team (we played a few times in a "locals" pub but had to stop when they got annoyed with us winning) was called "the bastard grandchildren of William G Stewart".
  • Options
    RIP - used to watch this whilst at uni and in the summer breaks

I remember him referencing he was a Charlton fan on one of the shows once. It was actually quite funny. The conversation was about football, he said "I was a Charlton fan, not anymore of course"

I'm guessing he meant he didn't go to games, but it sort of came across as 'we're shit, I don't follow them anymore'

Really made me laugh the way he said it
  • Options
    One of the cleverest kids in mine and @AFKABartram's year at Bexley Grammar was on 15 to 1. Got ruined and didnt get a single question right. All he got to show for his appearance was £120 travel expenses so he has just confirmed on Facebook!
  • Options
    RIP

Steve Sutherland won 15 to 1.

Never heard he was a fan before. what's the story?
  • Options
    RIP William
  • Options

I didn't know he was a Charlton fan. RIP

I thought he was a Man U from the days of George Best era.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Was married to Sally Geeson (Bless this House) when she was 26

Fair play to you sir!
  • Options
    Rest in Peace William G...not only a great presenter, but a producer and director of so many comedies from my early youth.
  • Options
    He also worked as a producer on many well known TV shows.
  • Options
    RIP.
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    15 to 1 is a great format, there are a lot of excellent quiz formats that have filled afternoon schedules (replicated by Pointless and The Chase at 5:30), when you consider some of the rubbish shown at prime time!
  • Options
    I read somewhere that John M Lewis, the BT Engineer that created the 15 to 1 format lived in Fairlawn Avenue in Bexleyheath for many years.
  • Options
    RIP William G. 15 to 1 was a great show when he hosted it. No gimmicks and you had to be good to do well. William G also produced many TV. comedies too of course. He came across as very headmasterly on 15 to 1 but was in fact a very warm and friendly chap. A sad loss.
  • Options
    Rip