Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FIFA 18 (The computer game)

Comments

• Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

Quite like the new crossing, just starting to get a bit of form playing LW although says i am out of position far too much for my liking.

They changed crossing!? I've only just sussed out the last way of doing it!

Also the positioning thing needs an update. It's totally fucked. If you dare to make a run you get hammered for it.
    Yep feels more real and you can put a proper cross in deep which i dont normally do many.

That proper frustrated me, i would go on a run look for space and then when my team lose the ball instantly it tells you to get in position and you lose 0.2 out of your makes. Hope they do update it as i dont think i am ott out of position just trying to make a chance.
  • Options
    Does anyone have the PS4 version of this game? I thought it was coming out on Friday?
  • Options

JiMMy 85 said:

Quite like the new crossing, just starting to get a bit of form playing LW although says i am out of position far too much for my liking.

Also the positioning thing needs an update. It's totally fucked. If you dare to make a run you get hammered for it.
    Yep feels more real and you can put a proper cross in deep which i dont normally do many.

That proper frustrated me, i would go on a run look for space and then when my team lose the ball instantly it tells you to get in position and you lose 0.2 out of your makes. Hope they do update it as i dont think i am ott out of position just trying to make a chance.
    As first I was encouraged that they had made some sort of change, it meant they were at least trying. Then I saw my mark dropping and figured, nah, they've just fucked it.

Also, I don't seem to run out of stamina at all. Have you noticed that?
  • Options
    You can literally just sprint constantly about now and it seems to keep going.

The positioning for wingers is fucked.

Way too easy to score again, playing on world class most of my matches end up being 4-2 4-3 3-2 scorelines
  • Options

Does anyone have the PS4 version of this game? I thought it was coming out on Friday?

Yes, i got Ronaldo edition through Amazon prime which is 3 days early and on the day its released so came yesterday morning.
    JiMMy 85 said:

JiMMy 85 said:

As first I was encouraged that they had made some sort of change, it meant they were at least trying. Then I saw my mark dropping and figured, nah, they've just fucked it.

Kind of, i run alot and on previous ones would lose fatigue a bit but seems like my players stamina is pretty good. obviously not too realistic but i dont mind that part just means you dont have to take into account as much.
  • Options
    I thought the stamina was insanely stupid last year. There was no chance of playing two games in a week, even if I was conservative with the running. It was especially a problem during tournaments. I refused to play for England (not that you can retire) after I was dropped for the final!
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

I thought the stamina was insanely stupid last year. There was no chance of playing two games in a week, even if I was conservative with the running. It was especially a problem during tournaments. I refused to play for England (not that you can retire) after I was dropped for the final!

You'd always be played in the first fixture of international week then dropped for the second game completely! do you even get benched now?
  • Options

Yes, i got Ronaldo edition through Amazon prime which is 3 days early and on the day its released so came yesterday morning.
    JiMMy 85 said:

JiMMy 85 said:

Kind of, i run alot and on previous ones would lose fatigue a bit but seems like my players stamina is pretty good. obviously not too realistic but i dont mind that part just means you dont have to take into account as much.
    Is that the one that costs as much as Paul Pogba?
  • Options
    Dele Alli is not happy with his ratings. Imagine that!

https://youtu.be/Q_a8zJTs0GU
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Think im gonna bite the bullet and get it this year....bought Fifa 17 but thought it was absolute dog turd! Hearing good things this year though!
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

New crossing is definitely better. Ever since they tweaked it maybe two or three years ago it's been wonky but slowly getting better. Seems to be good now.

That said, probably only used it twice because all SDAddick teams play tiki taka and break you down with their passing ;)

I've always found playing a fast short passing game eventually gives you a massive advantage by the end of the game. Also plus points when you're passing around the defence and you can tell your opponent is going absolutely mental at you trying to chase the ball down
  • Options

SDAddick said:

New crossing is definitely better. Ever since they tweaked it maybe two or three years ago it's been wonky but slowly getting better. Seems to be good now.

That said, probably only used it twice because all SDAddick teams play tiki taka and break you down with their passing ;)

I've always found playing a fast short passing game eventually gives you a massive advantage by the end of the game. Also plus points when you're passing around the defence and you can tell your opponent is going absolutely mental at you trying to chase the ball down
    Yeah I was being a bit over the top with my tiki taka comments but I play the way I think the real Charlton should play, possession based and trying to get it to the attackers for quick interchanges.

Also, I've not had a lot of time to play but it already feels like giving players tactical instructions actually means something in this game. I like to sit Kashi deep and let JFC have "free roam" and I've noticed him popping up further forward, out wide, etc. Also noticed that Kashi doesn't bomb into the box in the last five minutes despite being instructed to "stay back while attacking."
  • Options
    I don't cross it it all. My conversion rate is so low I don't see the point. Also I think some people are obsessed with shooting at all opportunities, but it just turns the play over so I only shoot when I'm confident I should score. I don't score too many quality long rangers cos of this.

Really struggling online though (Seasons). I'm being torn apart consistently. There's a change to the defending that I haven't adjusted to, not sure what it is.

• Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

I don't cross it it all. My conversion rate is so low I don't see the point. Also I think some people are obsessed with shooting at all opportunities, but it just turns the play over so I only shoot when I'm confident I should score. I don't score too many quality long rangers cos of this.

Really struggling online though (Seasons). I'm being torn apart consistently. There's a change to the defending that I haven't adjusted to, not sure what it is.

The defensive change I have noticed is how shit the standing tackle now is, and the inability for players to track runs for through balls, culminating in a lot of one on ones for the opposition
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

It feels like my center backs get drawn in too close together and teams are able to exploit the gap between them and the fullback.

Played a game against Fleetwood (CPU) earlier. Went 3-0 down inside 20 minutes. Got it back to 3-3 with two lovely 20 yarders from JFC and a tidy finish from Magennis!!!!!!

........Conceded in the 89th minute. The game is true to life.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

Jimbo, i have never been a crosser in previous seasons but based on when i have played this one. Although one day still early i feel crossing is going to be very effective and more on point then previous. I do like a screamer outside the box too but not shoot on site :) add us on ps4 , not sure if username is johnnybev1987 or johnny13b. Anyone feel free if you want a game sometime, cant join pro clubs as have one with mates.
  • Options
    Anyone getting this for the Switch?
  • Options
    robroy said:

That'll be me!
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    cafcpolo said:

robroy said:

That'll be me!
    Will have to give you a go mate.

I play a dynamic formation with 1 up front and no defenders!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Who plays ultimate team? Fancy a game?
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    I’ve bought the bullet and ordered one. It’s coming tomorrow.

Please tell me it’s worth £50. I’ve never spent £50 on a game before!
  • Options

I’ve bought the bullet and ordered one. It’s coming tomorrow.

Please tell me it’s worth £50. I’ve never spent £50 on a game before!

It should be, for example i always buy fifa. In the past i would buy COD/GTA/Madden but after a week fifa goes back in, i get my moneys worth thats for sure :)
  • Options
    Video games are overpriced in my opinion, but I feel like getting FIFA for 40-50 quid and not paying a penny more for the online stuff is a win. The hours spent on it are huge compared to other games. Just don't fall for the FUT bullshit!
  • Options
    Thinking about getting it after work but thought 17 was shit....is it worth getting this year? Im not fussed aobut online just a career mode!
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

Video games are overpriced in my opinion, but I feel like getting FIFA for 40-50 quid and not paying a penny more for the online stuff is a win. The hours spent on it are huge compared to other games. Just don't fall for the FUT bullshit!

Ultimate team is so fun if you don't spend your own money, its so satisfying destroying people who have clearly spend hundreds of pounds on their teams with a team you built yourself from scratch
  • Options

JiMMy 85 said:

Ultimate team is so fun if you don't spend your own money, its so satisfying destroying people who have clearly spend hundreds of pounds on their teams with a team you built yourself from scratch
    Ha I am sure it is. I guess that brings me onto my other problem - my childlike anger issues that occur when I lose online games. I'm fine when I'm playing co-op, but if I am on my own and I think I have undeservedly lost... well things get broken!
  • Options
    FIFA 18 & Nintendo Classic Super Nintendo release day all at once, its like Christmas came early!
  • Options

FIFA 18 & Nintendo Classic Super Nintendo release day all at once, its like Christmas came early!

My credit card might as well have Father Christmas on it.