Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Life Poker League - The revival

Comments

• Options
    that's disappointing JB
  • Options
    and at the moment you're ahead of me :)
  • Options
    and me!
  • Options
    sorry all, had to go a bit crazy as needed to pop out to collect my daughter from work!
  • Options
    JB you're still holding your own lol
  • Options
    JB out in 8th place im afraid
  • Options
    Was probably further then i would have got had i played... How many runners? who won? results :) disappointed i couldn't make this but A for effort and donating anyway :P
  • Options
    Anything planned for this weekend?
  • Options
    it seems no one has posted the results from the last tourney. Here they are:
  • Options
    Anyone know of any worthwhile poker tournaments in London which are fairly low stakes i.e £50 or less? Have only played in Manchester so far.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Anyone know of any worthwhile poker tournaments in London which are fairly low stakes i.e £50 or less? Have only played in Manchester so far.

If you have enough of a roll (to withstand variance) and are happy to completely nit up against people who fire off maniacally, I recommend the Eltham Terrace Club.

Last I knew, Fruity Friday is £40+5, £2k guaranteed prizepool, usually just over £1k to the winner (top five or six paid, usually 40odd entrants).

There's a lot of money to be made there, but given the gung-ho nature of many players there, you'll experience huge swings.
  • Options

Aspers Stratford on Monday £40ish starts around 3pm and something later similar buy in. Friday i hear is a big turn out and £50, a few there

As @PaddyP17 i usually go Eltham Terrace which is good and friendly, although lately go to play pool rather than poker. £40 rebuy (max 3 entries Sunday) normally 30ish entries, i play it from time to time. Again Fridays is supposed to be good but never played on friday. Eltham is a great place though, friendly people (bar David Hayes dad who is a helmet) and standard ok (you should make money)

Used to go The Big slick Friday or Sundays, not sure on there schedule. Stopped once went to Eltham but more options like 6 max they used to run on Friday was good.

RE: Online
    We should start up again, my internet is good now so can get involved again if we have interest?
    @sadiejane1981 @oohaahmortimer @Alex Wright @Rob7Lee
  • Options
    Cheers chaps, sounds like the Eltham is worth a go, i'd also be up for starting online again @johnnybev1987
  • Options
    I am in for our Sunday games again
  • Options
    How about it @sadiejane1981 ?
  • Options

Cheers chaps, sounds like the Eltham is worth a go, i'd also be up for starting online again @johnnybev1987

Defo go along to Eltham sometime, ill be there Sunday probably playing pool not poker though. If you sign up do it 24 hours before and register and bring some id, Sunday winner normally gets 600-800, after the break (around 2 hours) it does turn into a bit of a turbo. Normally finishes around 1130 depending on runners, KO 7 get there for early bird , extra 5k chips.
  • Options
    Not played online for years. Is it still JokerStars?
  • Options

Not played online for years. Is it still JokerStars?

I believe so, i have recently started playing again last few months but mainly Sky. Pokerstars its easy to set up and we are all there so make sense, haven't been on there for a while so might have to deposit i presume :open_mouth:
  • Options
    Cracking

Hollywood flops, runner-runner beatdowns and miracle river cards. What's not to like? :lol:
  • Options

Cracking

Hollywood flops, runner-runner beatdowns and miracle river cards. What's not to like? :lol:

Internet poker at its best Leroy, you have summed it up to a tee.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2018

Cracking

Internet poker at its best Leroy, you have summed it up to a tee.
    This is a myth... its always highlighted online as you play alot more hands. I have seen stuff live which is laughable and most people would think it was rigged, sometimes more often live but in summary: A game of poker is random, like the lottery there is nothing to say if you win it you wont win the next time.

There are odds involved which over a long sample might get near (like 100,000 hands) sometimes even that will not be correct, people have trackers which confirm whether they are 'running good' 'running bad'

Sorry its just part of the game, i used to think there is 50/50 skill/luck , however now its probably 90% luck or even more. Sometimes its making hands, sometimes its getting someone to have something to go with, sometimes its winning 80/20 and not losing them, so many variances.

@eaststandmike i know you might have been saying in jest but just wanted to clear up for anyone 99% of poker online is no different (1% dodgy sites that get found out), its just like betting you just need to make sure you are getting in ahead and you should make money long term.
  • Options

If it’s going to be revived I’m afraid to say it needs to be someone else organising it.
  • Options

If it’s going to be revived I’m afraid to say it needs to be someone else organising it.
    Why Beds?
  • Options

Why Beds?
    Because Sadie doesn’t come on here as very often as far as I can see and as she tells us , she has a lot going on . My vote goes to you !
  • Options

Why Beds?
    Because Sadie doesn’t come on here as very often as far as I can see and as she tells us , she has a lot going on . My vote goes to you !
    Can message her on fb? It's kind of her baby if she hasn't got the time or cant do it we can sort
  • Options
    Hi everyone, to be honest I disappeared because I had a lot on plus wasn’t really feeling the football. Most can relate to that. I am more than happy to relaunch the poker unless you would all rather someone else take over. Let me know and I’ll get on to it.
  • Options
    I'm up for another game sadie, cheers (nvj62 on ps)
  • Options

Hi everyone, to be honest I disappeared because I had a lot on plus wasn’t really feeling the football. Most can relate to that. I am more than happy to relaunch the poker unless you would all rather someone else take over. Let me know and I’ll get on to it.

Yes i am game, Sundays usually best for me these days now. Ready when you lot are!
  • Options
    Ok that’s 3
  • Options