Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CL's Favourite Albums: Rumours vs Bridge Over Troubled Water

13»

Comments

• Options
    Just re-listened to both, and I think it has to be Bridge Over Troubled Water

(which frankly surprised me as I would have said Rumours if asked for a snap answer in the street)
  • Options
    Got to go for BOTW just because the title track and The Boxer beats anything on Rumours (although Go your own way pushes them close). Both great albums though.
  • Options
    Not a particular fan of Rumours but it matters not when compared with Bridge Over Troubled Water.

A beautiful album, great harmonies, easily stands the test of time and most of the tracks are excellent with some real classics such as the title track and The Boxer.

And the clincher is that The Only Living Boy in New York persuaded Carter USM to produce The Only Living Boy in New Cross :wink:
  • Options

Tough one. The boxer is one of my all time favourite songs and everything by S&G is a classic. But Rumours is a terrific album.

I'm on the fence.

This
  • Options
    Best turn out so far. Still waiting on some who said they wanted to listen first, so won't do my final count until the weekend.
    seth plum said:

As an 'album' it would be Rumours, and as a collection of class songs done beautifully and brilliantly it would be BOTW.

@seth plum , so are you voting for the the 'album' or the great collection of songs? :smile:
  • Options
    BOTW for me, although The Chain is probably my favourite track from both albums
  • Options
    Just out of interest I looked up the biggest selling album in the UK in the 1970s (1970-1979) - Number 1 - Bridge Over Troubled Waters.

Rumours was 13th and only had three years in the 70s but still BOTW to be the number 1 is some achievement bearing in mind the competition in that decade.
  • Options

Best turn out so far. Still waiting on some who said they wanted to listen first, so won't do my final count until the weekend.

seth plum said:

As an 'album' it would be Rumours, and as a collection of class songs done beautifully and brilliantly it would be BOTW.

@seth plum , so are you voting for the the 'album' or the great collection of songs? :smile:

The Album, by a sliver.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

seth plum said:

The Album, by a sliver.

Thanks
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Threatened to be the closest one to one yet, but in the end there was a clear winner...

Another match up to be posted later today
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The best album prevailed, not like yesterday or so, according to the gospel of KR.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
  • Options

The best album prevailed, not like yesterday or so, according to the gospel of KR.

Was at the match and if he believes half of what he says, we are screwed. Anyway, albums... :smile:
  • Options
    Rumours a great mix of music & the outstanding Formula 1 section.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    McBobbin said:

Threatened to be the closest one to one yet, but in the end there was a clear winner...

Another match up to be posted later today

Best album cover ever... Put a finger over Paul Simon's face and art Garfunkel suddenly has a massive tache
    Never seen that before! :smiley: