Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Come on, Nick Pope!

123457»

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2017

Dazzler21 said:

Massive chance for Pope, I hadn't realised Paul Robinson had retired so he's the main backup keeper there now

Ignore all his clean sheets in the Prem.

He made a couple of mistakes when he first played for us and that's what he must be judged on forever.

says no one but you. From what I can see everyone else is being really supportive and complimentary.

Whooooooooooooooooooooooosh
    No this isn't a whoosh. I was perfectly aware that you didn't mean what you were saying. I just don't get why you're digging fans out for past comments on Pope that were justified at the time.

But now fans are congratulating Pope and he's getting the praise he deserves. Doubt many saw him playing Prem football but fair play to the lad. Don't get your comment at all though to be honest.
    It's his way of saying I told you so.

It does get incredibly annoying - but Dillon Phillips will one day hopefully shine too and then He will no doubt rightfully come and dig me out.
    He was still undoubtedly digging out fans for criticism of Pope justified at the time.

This is the same Henry saying Ansah was going to be a star.
    Whoooooooooooooooosh
    Henners you can't just say whooosh every time someone tries to disagree with you.

Cue the smart twat who will whooosh this.
    Whoooooooosh ;)
    He said smart twat FA allow me;
    Whoooooosh:wink:
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    RedChaser said:

Dazzler21 said:

Massive chance for Pope, I hadn't realised Paul Robinson had retired so he's the main backup keeper there now

Ignore all his clean sheets in the Prem.

He made a couple of mistakes when he first played for us and that's what he must be judged on forever.

says no one but you. From what I can see everyone else is being really supportive and complimentary.

Whooooooooooooooooooooooosh
    No this isn't a whoosh. I was perfectly aware that you didn't mean what you were saying. I just don't get why you're digging fans out for past comments on Pope that were justified at the time.

But now fans are congratulating Pope and he's getting the praise he deserves. Doubt many saw him playing Prem football but fair play to the lad. Don't get your comment at all though to be honest.
    It's his way of saying I told you so.

It does get incredibly annoying - but Dillon Phillips will one day hopefully shine too and then He will no doubt rightfully come and dig me out.
    He was still undoubtedly digging out fans for criticism of Pope justified at the time.

This is the same Henry saying Ansah was going to be a star.
    Whoooooooooooooooosh
    Henners you can't just say whooosh every time someone tries to disagree with you.

Cue the smart twat who will whooosh this.
    Whoooooooosh ;)
    He said smart twat FA allow me;
    Whoooooosh:wink:
    Damn thats what happens when you Speed read although looks like you've fallen for being unable to read these days - He said SMART twat not OLD twat... ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Joe Hart not even getting a game at West Ham and I can see Pope getting picked for Russia. Gutted we couldn’t hold on to him when we were relegated.
  • Options
    Interesting in the highlights from Burnley's latest win was that Nick Pope dealt with precisely the sort of low bouncing ball that caused him problems when he was with us.

And for all the talk of "well Burnley are good defensively" why not just pick all the back four who are eligible from Burnley players then? Oh no, we can't they're not a big club etc.

West Ham have improved since benching Hart. Butland can't be particularly confident given how Stoke are shipping goals. Why not Pope for England?
  • Options
    rananegra said:

Interesting in the highlights from Burnley's latest win was that Nick Pope dealt with precisely the sort of low bouncing ball that caused him problems when he was with us.

And for all the talk of "well Burnley are good defensively" why not just pick all the back four who are eligible from Burnley players then? Oh no, we can't they're not a big club etc.

West Ham have improved since benching Hart. Butland can't be particularly confident given how Stoke are shipping goals. Why not Pope for England?

Better a team than a bunch of individuals. Look at Leicester under Ranieri pre and post winning the PL. Look at Everton now that Allardyce has taken over.
  • Options
    When does the football season start?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Before we are ready
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

It's imminent
  • Options
    rananegra said:

Low shots were the main weakness of Pop's game - if he has improved that then he should be comfortable at the top level. I hope he continues to flourish.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1StevieG said:

Joe Hart not even getting a game at West Ham and I can see Pope getting picked for Russia. Gutted we couldn’t hold on to him when we were relegated.

Has he got a Russian Grannie?