Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

First Hand Experience of Hurricane Irma

Comments

• Options
    Moved further west. I have a house in Sarasota.... not looking good.
  • Options

Ugh fuck man I hope you're okay as well. Where are you now if you don't mind me asking?
  • Options
    Good luck, @PeterGage . I hope you and your wife keep safe as well as the people you have met. Hope the beer helps.
  • Options

Watched the Local news online and they are expecting it to pretty much follow I75 North! Good luck.
  • Options
    Good luck I hope you and the family stay safe
  • Options
    Good luck Pete and family. Got a mate supposed to be going to Trinidad and Tobago tomorrow. I believe he's cancelled. Stay safe.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    SDAddick said:

Ugh fuck man I hope you're okay as well. Where are you now if you don't mind me asking?
    In Bermuda, which is home. I must have an attraction to storms!

Sarasota is a vacation home.
  • Options
    Thoughts with everyone affected. Glad to see Peter is tackling this with his typical no-nonsense spirit.
    Stay safe.
  • Options

SDAddick said:

In Bermuda, which is home. I must have an attraction to storms!

Sarasota is a vacation home.

Be safe mate. Hope both houses and more importantly you get through this ok.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    @PeterGage has been to 86 countries/ islands but this will be one hell of a story to add to his collection.

Stay safe all.
  • Options
    PeterGage said:

Thanks for all the messages of support and hope that those on here similarly impacted, plus relatives/friends of fellow CL members, remain safe.

British spirit my friend, keep the upper lip nubile

I can't imagine what you are dealing with, not least from your nearest and dearest being terrified but also knowing something is on the horizon. Don't let the stocks of starchy carbohydrate snacks or alcohol drop low
  • Options
    Looks like Miami may not be hit as hard as feared
  • Options
    Sounds like the storm surge on the gulf coast which is Fort Myers and Naples is predicting a 10 to 15 feet storm surge. That is not above sea level but 10-15 feet of water above where you are standing. Scary stuff.
  • Options
    I have flown a kite in worse.
  • Options
    Stay safe out there all of u,and wishing people who have families & friends out there at this time all the best of luck...praying it all dies down soon
  • Options
    Just picked out this random live web cam at Mallory Square, Key West. Still some modern day 'Canutes' around at the waters edge. Getting choppy, stay safe everyone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUhXfVNW-Jg
  • Options
    Live news channel from SW Florida for anyone with family down there that wants to keep informed over the next 24 hours.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_egSTyWb1gk&feature=youtu.be
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's all very scary, but I think it's worth remembering what Irma is up against when it tries to take on Florida:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ncAUFgTDq8
  • Options
    Ah good old Florida Man does it again.
  • Options

Hope you have good insurance CA.
  • Options

Hope you have good insurance CA.
    All thiad up got him a good rate.

Stay safe everyone
  • Options
    Stay safe Peter and good luck.

My mother in law has been moved to the 2nd floor of her building in Naples as flooding is inevitable. They seem to be well staffed and organised. Spoke to my brother in law last night, he says the place is crazy, people fighting, armed looting reported in his neighbourhood. He was thinking of driving inland to stay with family as the direct hit on Naples means major structural damage is a given. They are predicting days without power in that area. He wasn't keen to go into a shelter as the concern there is crime and getting stuck in there for days.
  • Options
    Hope all affected stay safe. Can't imagine what it's like.