Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

November 2015 - September 2017

I'm going to the valley on Saturday. Southend at home.

Not particularly breaking news but the significance for me, from a personal point of view is that my last home game was October/November 2015. I can't actually remember for sure what game that was. I believe it was something like a 0-3 battering at home at the hands of Preston.
All I'm sure of is that we lost and Guy Luzon was our head coach. It was not a happy occasion. I might have also been drunk at half time.
Prior to that I was more or less down the valley every week or every other week.
Now I need to do a fair amount of player revision.

I'm excited to return, mainly because where now picking up results and it sounds like the football will at least be something you can support and get behind ...even if the other stuff is still crappy.

1. You want to win and
2. You want to be entertained. If that aspect has at least made a comeback, then for now, I'm certainly happy buying a ticket and I'm excited to come back to the valley after the large gap.

It may not completely feel like watching charlton again... maybe some kind of charlton of a different alternate dimension.

A lot has happened in between this time. Large protests, protests at the peak, a lot of stupid things said and done, a lot of manager changes as well as players, and a lot of poor results.
These things that I may not be able to fully grasp due to absence.

I hate the fact that when I see we've put one away on SSN, which is quite frequent so far early on this season, I'm completely emotionless like I'm all of a sudden putting on the greatest poker face of all time.

My head is happy/content but my heart is not bothered.

It's a shame that you can never be completely wholeheartedly happy with charlton at the moment when things sound like they are going well.
There are slight emotional complications that create a block.

Desperately want that to change.

Just a very smooth simple takeover from just reasonable new owners that are not without pocket. (the one thing Roland has is lots of money)

I would even dance ....Roland style.

Anyway can't wait for Saturday and I think the only way is up.

COYR

Comments