Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    Shame he's up against Jack Marriott who'll surely win it because he's scored the most goals.

Same with Manager of the Month, that'll go to McCann (Peterborough) probably because they're top although should go to the Shrewsbury Manager who is doing wonders there at the moment!!
  • Options

Shame he's up against Jack Marriott who'll surely win it because he's scored the most goals.

Same with Manager of the Month, that'll go to McCann (Peterborough) probably because they're top although should go to the Shrewsbury Manager who is doing wonders there at the moment!!

agree about Marriott .. and .. Paul Hurst @ Shrewsbury ? .. did a great job at Grimsby, rebuilt a very demoralised club after relegation to the Conf/Nat .. locals were surprised when he left for Shrew supposedly a similar sized club ..
    but .. I went to Shrew last season and was impressed with the whole set up .. they were struggling a bit down the bottom of the table, beat us 4-3 and were well worth the win .. I have a feeling that Shrew could do OK this year .. and let's face it, the far west of England/wild welsh borders could do with a successful little club ((:>)
  • Options
    Been really impressed with BFG this season, he's been a revelation really
  • Options

agree about Marriott .. and .. Paul Hurst @ Shrewsbury ? .. did a great job at Grimsby, rebuilt a very demoralised club after relegation to the Conf/Nat .. locals were surprised when he left for Shrew supposedly a similar sized club ..
    but .. I went to Shrew last season and was impressed with the whole set up .. they were struggling a bit down the bottom of the table, beat us 4-3 and were well worth the win .. I have a feeling that Shrew could do OK this year .. and let's face it, the far west of England/wild welsh borders could do with a successful little club ((:>)
    If League One has proven over the last two seasons it that there is always one or two teams that surprise everyone... Last year it was Fleetwood, the year before it was Burton and to an extent: Walsall and Gillingham.

Absolutely no reason why that cant be Shrewsbury this year provided they don't do a Bury from last season
  • Options

A few players have really stepped up their performances this season compared to last, BFG and JFC look like two new signings. Great stuff.
  • Options

He was pig awful last season, so good to see his good start has been justified
  • Options

I've heard he does scrumdiddlyumptious whizpoppers too.
  • Options

Had a 3 team pre season accy on Huddersfield and Shrews to be relegated and Bury to be promoted. Not surprisingly there is no cash out option available now!
  • Options

In fact 2 of the nominated 4 are strikers, but that can't be right as I'm sure I keep being told that strikers aren't necessary in a team - all you need are attacking midfielders & job done.

Funny that no attacking mids are nominated. The panel are rubbish & don't know anything.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

In fact 2 of the nominated 4 are strikers, but that can't be right as I'm sure I keep being told that strikers aren't necessary in a team - all you need are attacking midfielders & job done.

Funny that no attacking mids are nominated. The panel are rubbish & don't know anything.
    Strikers always get the plaudits though.

Manuel Neuer never stood a chance against Ronaldo and Messi for the Ballon D'Or a few years ago because apparently Goalkeepers dont win matches... Well the fact that Ben Amos made some brilliant saves against Northampton the other week is proof they do win matches because if they dont stop the ball going in the net the goals the Striker scores will become meaningless!!

Same when Hodgson was ridiculed for putting Mascherano in his top three a few years back!!
  • Options

Manuel Neuer never stood a chance against Ronaldo and Messi for the Ballon D'Or a few years ago because apparently Goalkeepers dont win matches... Well the fact that Ben Amos made some brilliant saves against Northampton the other week is proof they do win matches because if they dont stop the ball going in the net the goals the Striker scores will become meaningless!!

Same when Hodgson was ridiculed for putting Mascherano in his top three a few years back!!
    said it a trillion (at least) times .. a good goalkeeper is THE most important, the most crucial player in any team
  • Options

Had a 3 team pre season accy on Huddersfield and Shrews to be relegated and Bury to be promoted. Not surprisingly there is no cash out option available now!
    still, early 'doors' mind you .. ((:>)
  • Options
    edited September 2017

said it a trillion (at least) times .. a good goalkeeper is THE most important, the most crucial player in any team
    I'd say its the whole back line (i.e. Defence and Goalkeeper)... i.e. they're only as good as each other because a rubbish Defence who let the opposition through time and time again will eventually see the Goalkeeper being beaten regardless how good he is.

Its why we stand a really good chance at the moment of promotion because Amos | Solly | Bauer | Pearce | Dasilva isnt getting changed apart from the International Breaks and will be very similar to the Defence of: Hamer | Solly | Taylor | Morrison | Wiggins from the last time we got out of this Division - In addition look at the season we got relegated, that Defence was forever being changed along with the Goalkeeper (sometimes it would be Henderson, then Pope)