Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    A bitter and twisted prick.
    Move on man ffs
  • Options

Move on man ffs

Why don't you just say what you mean?

:wink:
  • Options
    If we sold Ricky in January I would just give up on Charlton. I'm confident that it won't happen though.
  • Options
    Just like we didn't give up on Reeves and perhaps aren't giving up on Godden or Grigg.

Holmes is good enough for the Championship so I'm not surprised they're still interested. If we're struggling come January (I don't think we will be) I'd probably expect them to come back in for him.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Just like we didn't give up on Reeves and perhaps aren't giving up on Godden or Grigg.

Holmes is good enough for the Championship so I'm not surprised they're still interested. If we're struggling come January (I don't think we will be) I'd probably expect them to come back in for him.

It was worth us sticking around as Reeves' contract was about to expire and we knew we'd have a chance of signing him. Ricky is locked in.
  • Options

If we sold Ricky in January I would just give up on Charlton. I'm confident that it won't happen though.

I hope you're right.

• Options
    When you're traipsing to the outside bog on a cold cold winters night with only a torn up copy of the racing post to wipe your arse, you are bound to be a bit narky and not let it lie.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

No, our owners have a long and proud tradition of hanging on to players who are wanted by other clubs and could return a decent profit.
  • Options

No, our owners have a long and proud tradition of hanging on to players who are wanted by other clubs and could return a decent profit.
    Particularly in the January window......:-(
  • Options
    Bloody hell!! Thought this was gonna be a thread about Alan Wilder going back to Depeche!! Oh well.
  • Options

sam3110 said:

He can, once again, fuck right off

Move on man ffs

Did either of you actually read the story, which is that Sheff U had a scout attend a League 1 game 8 miles down the road.

Speculative story out of nothing
    Fair enough.
    But he's still a prick: )
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    LenGlover said:

I hope you're right.

Holmes could have "forced" a move this summer but didn't and was happy to sign a contract extension. Every player has his price but I think it would take an extraordinary offer to both the club and player. I'd still be pretty f'd off if it happened.

• Options
    edited September 2017

sam3110 said:

Move on man ffs

Did either of you actually read the story, which is that Sheff U had a scout attend a League 1 game 8 miles down the road.

Agreed. They're practically next door & I'd be surprised if local clubs weren't looking at players.

On a linked note...saw Wilder on the Sky Sports panel at the weekend, along with other luminaries like Dowie (who seems to be finding it even harder to get actual words out of his gob).

How the f***k is Wilder only 49 years old???? Looks at least 10 years older!!! Made me feel good :smile:
  • Options
    Wilder was a guest on The Football League Show (or whatever it's called) on Sky Sports on Sunday with another manager whose name escapes me. They showed RH's goal and then spoke about it afterwards and it was clear Wilder was squirming in his chair.

Unfinished business here I think as I reckon he's taken it all a bit personally.
  • Options

Bloody hell!! Thought this was gonna be a thread about Alan Wilder going back to Depeche!! Oh well.

No, just Blasphemous Rumours
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Scoham said:

It was worth us sticking around as Reeves' contract was about to expire and we knew we'd have a chance of signing him. Ricky is locked in.
    I'm afraid no footballer is "locked in"
    He is - in the sense that he can't walk for free any time soon, and Sheffield will have to pay a decent chunk for him. We are in a pretty strong position - even if he were to agitate for a move away.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

sam3110 said:

Move on man ffs

Didn't need to read the story, Wilder is lingering around Holmes like a particularly nasty fart
  • Options
    His problem is that his club can't afford him.
  • Options
    Wilder's going to be filthy when he finds out Roland has guaranteed St Truiden first refusal on Ricky ...
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Don't like the man one bit after the way he treated Richard Murray and the club a few years back.....disgraceful conduct and total lack of respect.
  • Options

Wilder was a guest on The Football League Show (or whatever it's called) on Sky Sports on Sunday with another manager whose name escapes me. They showed RH's goal and then spoke about it afterwards and it was clear Wilder was squirming in his chair.

Unfinished business here I think as I reckon he's taken it all a bit personally.

Good!!
  • Options

Don't like the man one bit after the way he treated Richard Murray and the club a few years back.....disgraceful conduct and total lack of respect.

What's the story there @SoundAsa£ ?
  • Options

sam3110 said:

Move on man ffs

In the News Hopper ?
    Surely not !
  • Options
    edited September 2017