Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Magennis call up

2»

Comments

• Options

At his best he bullies opponents and he wins his headers. There have been a decent number of games where this has been evident and, I would assume, which may have persuaded Bolton to come in for him.

absolute rot !! bullies defenders ?? you've obvously never seen Macolm McDonald play then. Alan Shearer is half his size but was a lot more physical......just ask Jonathan Fortune.
    Agree with your point, but terrible example. Fortune bullied Shearer so much so that Shearer behaved like a child and threw his elbows about. IF you had used Geoff Horsfield against Tahar El Khalej then I'd have liked your example.
  • Options
    Mcguiness and Ajose as a partnership will never score enough goals for us to get promotion.
    Both need replacing in our first eleven.
    Squad players at best imo.
  • Options
    edited May 2018

I agree - we need to buy somebody to play alongside him. Simples!

Muttley.....so somehow you think that putting a decent striker alongside him will help him become a better striker himself.....well yes and no mate.
    You cannot escape the fact that on plenty of occasions he HAS got himself into very good scoring positions only to fail repeatedly to hit the back of the net.
    Sadly, I fail to see how having a good striker playing along side him would change that......you either have it or you don’t.
    You cannot fault him for effort, he has plenty of it but he just hasn’t got that eye for goal and finishing ability to take us and himself up to the next level.......from what I have seen anyway.
    It’s a real shame because in many ways he is a very decent pro and a good club/dressing room man as well as being a nice fella into the bargain.
    If he does leave us, I would most certainly wish him the very best of luck as he has always put in a shift for us.
  • Options
    If I had meant what you are trying to attribute to me, fair enough. I am saying that Magennis has his qualities and if we had a goal scorer next to him we might appreciate those more. I accept he is a misser, but he does have qualities and if people have missed them in games like Bristol Rovers at home last season for instance, well that is more their issue.
  • Options
    Magennis had a half decent run in but still didn't look like scoring. On his day is no doubt a very good League 1 striker.

His biggest issue as others have said is relying on him too heavy. Not only to score goals but to play 90 minutes of most League games.
  • Options
    Josh would be my plan b option if we are losing with 30mins left and nothing more. Leon Best showed in his limited appearances how to properly play as a target man. I also would ideally like us to not play that type of football
  • Options
    Did he?
  • Options
    Magennis with a fit and motivated Vetokele next to him will be dangerous in this division.
    It is the fit and motivated Vetokele part that could well be the problem with this scenario.
  • Options
    Sage said:

Magennis with a fit and motivated Vetokele next to him will be dangerous in this division.
    It is the fit and motivated Vetokele part that could well be the problem with this scenario.

There are too many on here remembering Igor with rose tinted spectacles. Yes, I know we played him when injured, but some of you seem to forget a large number of howling misses he made on goal, when it looked easier to score...
  • Options
    Starts "tonight" in Costa Rica (11am local time so going to be extremely hot out there)

Going to be live on the BBC Website from 6pm for those interested in watching
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I agree - we need to buy somebody to play alongside him. Simples!

Muttley.....so somehow you think that putting a decent striker alongside him will help him become a better striker himself.....well yes and no mate.
    You cannot escape the fact that on plenty of occasions he HAS got himself into very good scoring positions only to fail repeatedly to hit the back of the net.
    Sadly, I fail to see how having a good striker playing along side him would change that......you either have it or you don’t.
    You cannot fault him for effort, he has plenty of it but he just hasn’t got that eye for goal and finishing ability to take us and himself up to the next level.......from what I have seen anyway.
    It’s a real shame because in many ways he is a very decent pro and a good club/dressing room man as well as being a nice fella into the bargain.
    If he does leave us, I would most certainly wish him the very best of luck as he has always put in a shift for us.
    I totally agree, except with the 'on plenty of occasions he HAS got himself into very good scoring positions' bit. I think he doesn't quite make enough runs to get into scoring positions, or not the right sort of runs anyway. A decent pro though, and good fella, certainly.
  • Options
    Josh started and played 60 mins today.

They got dicked 3-0 by Costa Rica
  • Options
    With JDS gone and Konsa maybe going will we have enough internationals to get games called off?

And do we want games called off?
  • Options

With JDS gone and Konsa maybe going will we have enough internationals to get games called off?

And do we want games called off?

Didn't do Wigan any harm AND they had a cup run.
  • Options
    Given we only have only one keeper could Josh get his gloves out of the loft?