Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• What are they reviewing?
  • What are they reviewing?

Simulation - cheating, basically.
  • On the panel are 2 ex players & the ref who was in charge for the play off game - we are sorted & will never get a decision go against us. Message from KR to our players - dive at will !!

What's Will done wrong?
  • Powell is such a nice guy he'll probably give everyone the benefit of the doubt!
  • Good appointment, Powell being Powell will take this 100% seriously so won't do anyone any 'favours' and will play with a straight bat.

I know there are those who don't think he was a great manager, but I still find it odd someone of his personal standing and respect in the game and with a good football management/coaching CV he hasn't turned up somewhere as a manager. I know he's been assistant a bit over the last couple of years but I'd have thought he'd earned his stripes to get a gig in League 1 or 2 at least.

763 games as a pro, 218 as a manager, 81 of them wins (37%) and 63 draws (29%) I'd guess is a better record than a lot of league 1/2 current managers. How did Slade walk straight into 2 jobs (3 including us) but Powell none......... waste in my view.
  • I was hoping it was the governance review so he could make sure a certain KM does not make it onto the FA Board.
  • Sponsored links:

• "These names will only be called upon to review footage from a game when there is an obvious case to answer"

I don't get it. If it's an obvious case then why does it need a panel?
  • WSS said:

"These names will only be called upon to review footage from a game when there is an obvious case to answer"

I don't get it. If it's an obvious case then why does it need a panel?

By 'an obvious case to answer' they mean if there is a strong enough case (which needs answering) for overturning whatever the original decision was.

Maybe could have been worded more simply.
  • Good to see he's wearing a black & white tie in that pic.