Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

RIP Glen Campbell

2»

Comments

• Options
    Rest in peace Glenn Campbell. Witchita lineman, Gentle on my mind, Rhinestone Cowboy. All great records

Dementia is such an unfair, cruel illness
  • Options
    Glen had one of those 'heartbroken voices' that somehow typified the loneliness, the desperation and isolation that can often be found even today in the huge open plains of 'fly over' America .. a real American hero, even if a Rhinestone one .. R I P
  • Options
    Very sad.
    Also,
    Now I can't stop singing "Like Ahmed Kashi" to the tune of Rhinestone Cowboy.
  • Options
    R.I.P. Another awful disease.
  • Options
    Sad to see this, one of my favourite singers and I love the open guitar sound he gets on Wichita Lineman. I knew he had alzheimers, so it was a matter of time I guess, but still sad.
    Other half said there's been someone talking about how he wrote Wichita Lineman in 10 minutes, but that didn't sound right, I checked and it was Jimmy Webb, who wrote a lot of songs that Glen Campbell recorded, like Wichita Lineman, By the Time I Get to Phoenix and Galveston.
    RIP
  • Options
    Happy release. RIP GC, great talent.
  • Options
    RIP ..a truly talented artist,performer and musician ..one of the best, as i was growing up i considered his music unfashionable i dont now just grew to recognise his sheer brilliance
  • Options
    A proper entertainer and a great musician with a song catalogue full of classics. Like others have said, I'm not a great C&W fan but I am a Glen Campbell fan.

RIP cowboy.
  • Options
    RIP great talent
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Part of the soundtrack of my youth.
    Great writer, excellent singer and a totally underrated guitar picker.
    My dad interviewed him a couple of times for his Country Music Magazine and The Stage.
    The old man reckoned he was likeable, engaging and as talented as they come.

RIP Rhinestone Cowboy.
  • Options
    Wichita Lineman is one of my favourite songs. Amazing voice. RIP
  • Options

Watched the Grammy winning documentary 'I'll be me' recently. It follows Campbell on tour as he (and his family) wrestle with his condition. Very lucky man to have such a wonderful wife and daughter, who really took care of him. The film is still available on Sky Arts.

RIP Glen, music legend.

I saw that too, very good.
  • Options
    Have that, quality..........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn19PyYeop0
  • Options
    RIP. Great voice.

Also great in the classic "True Grit"
  • Options
    RIP, you nine stone cowboy.
  • Options
    Fantastic voice and great guitar player RIP Glen.
  • Options

Watched the Grammy winning documentary 'I'll be me' recently. It follows Campbell on tour as he (and his family) wrestle with his condition. Very lucky man to have such a wonderful wife and daughter, who really took care of him. The film is still available on Sky Arts.

RIP Glen, music legend.

I saw that too, very good.
    I watched it last night and he was blessed to be surrounded by so much love.

Beautifully made documentary but so sad.
  • Options
    RIP. My mums favourite.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You'd scarcely believe it, but he was very much into powders of exotic proportions back in the day!
  • Options

You'd scarcely believe it, but he was very much into powders of exotic proportions back in the day!

image ?