Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Live - show cancelled tonight and future shows likely to follow suit

It's mainly in the statement on the tweet but basically our studio has fallen apart over the summer - a computer appears to have died within the last couple of weeks and then literally exploded on Thursday which has wiped out the whole studio. Been here at the Valley since 10 am today and we're getting nowhere. I will be drafting some experts in ASAP to try and help but we're going to be off-air for a while I fear.

Comments

• Options
    hope you can sort it
  • Options
    I don't know if the issues are related, but on Valley Pass if you try to get the 10 minute highlights from yesterday you get this:

Unfortunately, we can't load this page right now

Our team are looking into the issue.

This has been the message for me on Valley Pass.

On another technical issue at the Valley yesterday (and this has been mentioned several times by others recently) the Tannoy was ear splitting.
    Not only was there music relayed into the car park for the last couple games, but yesterday folk were catching up with people they haven't seen for a while, trying to chat and stuff, but the tannoy was so loud that even if you leaned and had your ear inches from your companion you couldn't hear what they were saying.
    The issue with the tannoy has never been about volume, but about echo and clarity. Turning it up to 11 does not solve those problems.

Anyway is the Sunday show hit by technical issues at the Valley with shared equipment, or elsewhere? I have always assumed there is bleed from one service to another.
  • Options
    Our system is completely separate to Valley Pass, no crossover at all there.
  • Options
    real shame as I enjoy your shows.

not sure what kind of computer you've got but have you told the manufacture? as Im pretty sure computers don't often explode.
  • Options
    Ah bugger.
  • Options
    Can't you do the show from PC World?
  • Options
    Surely Roland will just buy you a new studio ?
  • Options
    edited August 2017

Surely Roland will just buy you a new studio ?

No chance Louis upset the Douchbag's adopted (temporary) son Carol :wink: .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Simple way to find out if the tannoy is working correctly is to go walk about whilst it's in use......not exactly rocket science is it.
    They must also be aware it's too loud as I cannot believe a few people will have told them, plus it's been mentioned several times on here.
    Why no explanation.....it seems to be deliberate but I'm damned if I can think why that might be the case?
  • Options

Happy to donate some money for a new PC if it’s needed Louis!

Thanks for the offer. Over the next few days we're going to have to work out exactly what we need in order to fix this and if we need funding may come around with a cap in our hands but we'll see once we know where we are.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Fumbluff said:

cafckev said:

Have you tried unplugging it and then plugging it in again and turning it on??

Gotta say this joke works better when the computer fault is not "it's just exploded"...
    When was the last backup before the explosion ?
    Was it a really big explosion, or a small explosion?
  • Options

Perhaps the computer exploded due to the current Charlton 'Love-In'.

God forbid Charlton fans love their club on a Charlton forum.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafckev said:

Have you tried unplugging it and then plugging it in again and turning it on??

Or Cntrl alt delete.
  • Options
    Missing you already. Hope you can get it sorted soon.
  • Options
    Did Katrien try using the computer to download all her unread emails?
  • Options
    Check through all your bins to find stuff to put on eBay, I hear that's what others have to do if they need new equipment :kissing:
  • Options
    Roland's unsavoury browsing history?
  • Options

Perhaps the computer exploded in response to the current Charlton 'Love-In'

I've always loved Charlton, what is wrong with some of our supporters ?
  • Options
    My Motion Records colleague was ex ITN sound/radio guy (and computer nut extraordinaire) - would have been ideal for your current predicament.
    Unfortunately he's buggered off to the Isle Of Sky to escape global worming in an eco house he's building himself.

I know....bloody selfish of him...
  • Options
    Used to love this show with mark mansfield, haven't listened for years since life became more complicated.